The online racing simulator
wow i got a sidewinder for £2 lol
all being well but i cant get the pedals to be on seperate axiz. it is usb and non ff for the other half to use.

my logitech wheel has a profiler and i can set my pedals through that but i dont seem to be able to find a profiler for the sidewinder.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
there is no option for unticking the box so that they are on a seperate axis.

i just looked on my pc and there is nothing in control panel>game controllers for selecting seperate axis for the pedals i have to do it in the logitech profiler.
did you get a CD or any software with it? Maybe you can control it that way?
#4 - CSU1
Muaaahuhauhauhahuahuaaa! your not laughing out load now! are ya buddy!
Quote from CSU1 :Muaaahuhauhauhahuahuaaa! your not laughing out load now! are ya buddy!

you can wipe that big grin off your face for a start. i pinched her wheel now i have a clutch pedal.
MUAAUHAUAUHAUHAUHAUAHUAUHAUAHUA :fence:
i took the ms pedals apart now i have fully working ms pedals on my logitech wheel they just plug into the back.

i attempted to put the logitech pedals onto the ms wheel now i can only make one pedal work i tested the pots they are ok i tried the wires every way possible and i even found some wiring diagrams on here and i got the wires ok i think i have done something to the circuit board that sits in the wheel but...

i managed to get the ms pedals working very well and one other pedal from the old wheel by just having the circuit board laying on the floor under my desk so no big bulky wheel sitting about looking untidy and i have put my ripspeed chrome pedals on them

so i have a clutch pedal. a brake pedal that has a bit of rubber hose with sponge to make it harder to push but it does move and some metal pedals. hhmmm i think im gonna make myself a little box with three pedals in. any ideas or pictures what shall i make it out of.

what else can i do hhmmm how can i make my wheel turn 900 degrees
but damm i still have no force feedback.
#7 - Jakg
you cant make a wheel 900 degrees without loosing half the sensitivity, unless you get a DFP
#8 - CSU1
        ...........PRICELESS!
        Quote from CSU1 :
        • LFS S2 £24
        • Sidewinder £2
        • circuit board laying on the floor under my desk, a clutch pedal. a brake pedal that has a bit of rubber hose with sponge to make it harder
        ...........PRICELESS!

my attempt is to get a dfp hence the sig.

custom built stuff has to be the best thing ever for an individual.
        #10 - CSU1
        Quote from daveb948576 :my attempt is to get a dfp hence the sig.

custom built stuff has to be the best thing ever for an individual.

Very true, it is a handy trait to be able to pick something up and make into something useful....you either have it or you don't!
        :doh: I lmao at the people who call screws nails and that wouldn't know what a set of testers was if it hit them in the back of the head at 200mph!
        I wasn't taking the proverbial p*ss davey , just avin' a laugh
        i thought about using the same sensor/pot that is in my wheel and then adapt some gearing to make the wheel rotate more and then gear it down to match the pot that could only mean it is more accurate surerly
        #12 - CSU1
        Quote from daveb948576 :i thought about using the same sensor/pot that is in my wheel and then adapt some gearing to make the wheel rotate more and then gear it down to match the pot that could only mean it is more accurate surerly

Why not I suppose, will take a lot of time tough
        hell if your gonna do that you may as well make the whole shaft bearing more rigid, build it up with one of those rolor bearings.
        Quote from daveb948576 :i thought about using the same sensor/pot that is in my wheel and then adapt some gearing to make the wheel rotate more and then gear it down to match the pot that could only mean it is more accurate surerly

You should go for for a better pot than that one if you want to make it smooth. Thing is you'll always be in 900 degree mode using a setup like that (unless you make an easy way of changing the gearing - that would be fun, sort of a steampunk steering wheel deal).
        i totally understand what you say about people that seem to come across as really dumb if you ask what seems like a basic question and they go on living there lives like it how the funk do they manage lmfao.

i have drew up a small picture about the gearing there is just a couple of things im unsure on....

brb
        it sais enter a url but what uploader shall i use?
        #18 - Jakg
        Quote from CSU1 :Damn! I unless you can upload the pic here I won't see it untill go home at work atm!

enjoy
        Attached images
        wheelturntb1.jpg
        Quote from daveb948576 :now if i was to put the wheel on the smaller cog and the pot on the big cog i would have to turn the wheel more turns to make it move the pot in the same amount as normal so the question is how many teeth and how do i make the wheel stop at so many dregrees with out it braking the pot.

Calculate the ratio - the pot itself turns 180 degrees so you want a 5:1 ratio - means that if the one cog has 50 teeth the other should have 10...
        i used to have a microsoft sidewinder pro (the non-force feedback one)
        i always used that with seperate axis'
        did you go to Control Panel > Game Controllers > Properties?
        not sure how i used to do it but it definately worked.
        have you got the sidewinder software? http://www.download.com/Micros ... /3000-2114_4-2115541.html
        #21 - CSU1
        Click the paperclip icon in the reply screen then clike manage attachments and upload from your machine!
        Edit: thankx jakq!
        so Force feed back what you got?
        looks like end of oct for the G25 so my DFP isn't available until then balls to logitech!!
        Quote from CSU1 :Click the paperclip icon in the reply screen then clike manage attachments and upload from your machine!

see reply #19
        ok so i need two cogs one with 50 teeth and one with ten teeth and teeth with the same width and height on both cogs. goes and looks on ebay for remote control car spares
        #25 - CSU1
        Maybe this is a bit OT, but I came across this site last nite http://www.instructables.com they're into lot's of cool projects, I regestered there and then so I don't know if the content is available if you don't.
        Aswell I've never seen the inside of a FF wheel so I don't know what the set up is but we can all try help as much as we can m8

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG