The online racing simulator
Dedicated host problem
(9 posts, started )
Dedicated host problem
Hi,

I setup a new dedicated host at a friend's isp today.

Host name: NA Ottawa
I Opened ports:
29339 TCP
63392 TCP + UDP

Went home to lookup the server and it shows up both at lfsworld and in the game's server list.

But when I try to connect I get:
host not found on master server

Anybody know what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Try and connect to the server using it's IP, if you know it - I would be very interrested in finding out if it works.

I have what appears to be the same problem from the hosts side and am trying to get things running for the local (South African) guys - they're not going to buy a licence until they know there is a local server running.

Please let me know if it works or not (or even if you can't test because you don't know the server IP) - I've posted a couple of questions about this and havn't had a reply.

I have previously hosted a Demo server for a few of the local guys using direct IP and it worked fine, just none of the guys have a licence so I can't test the S2 server with them. I have run a sniffer on the server PC and confirmed that the ports are being forwarded correctly, so I know there's nothing wrong there.

Chris
I am running a server at home on one of my computers. CHOPS HQ Canada

It doesn't show up when I list servers in the game but when I connect to my local computer's IP (router IP) all is good. This is true with other games we play.

I'm not sure what would happen if I were on the same computer as the host. Probably type the IP of that machine ...

I've been trying out this game for about a week now. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying S2 in the next few days. The game rocks!!!

lambchop44
Quote from SniperZA :Try and connect to the server using it's IP, if you know it - I would be very interrested in finding out if it works.

Chris

Trying to connect with the IP still didn't work.

But it turns out it might have been just me.

This was installed at an ISP, on a Friday. I couldn't connect from home all weekend, but on Sunday night it just started working... so ????

To pile on the weird factor, on Monday my friend told me he was able to connect since Friday. So if this happens to you, my only advice is to might sure the correct ports are open/forwarded/natted/etc.. and just wait it out.

Dan
Thanks Dan - all configured correctly, I'll leave it running for a few days, see if anyone can connect

Chris
Quote from lambchop44 :
I'm not sure what would happen if I were on the same computer as the host. Probably type the IP of that machine ...

You'd just connect to 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

Chris
Quote from SniperZA :Thanks Dan - all configured correctly, I'll leave it running for a few days, see if anyone can connect

I just connected, it works. From here the ping is bad - worse than all the rest including Korean, Japanese, Australian and Brazilian hosts. But for SA people it could be fine, i guess.

The host i joined was named "South Africa"
Thanks Scawen saw your message on the server too - yeah, I get horrible pings connecting to european servers too, mostly - must be the highly advanced telecommunications infrastructure we have here in Africa

Thanks again

Chris
the pings can be terrible with tin-can and string technology

I'm having the same issue but i'm hosting from home, ports are open/forwarded and everything looks fine, but still complains "host not found on master server"

Dedicated host problem
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG