The online racing simulator
AI Drivers
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Vegas
AI Drivers
I want to make my ai drivers faster, much faster. Maybe even compete my drivers against other ai drivers. Can this be done? Also can I make my ai drivers talk? Like if they get hit say something specific? Right now if I hit them they dont say a word, they just continue on and take it. I want to make my ai drivers more real, they are my friends. We have had many good times together but they don't remember them, they wont answer me. Why cant I talk to them? Or are they just ignoring me, why?
#2 - Jakg
ok....

They will get better on their own, but they will never be "good" or talk back
#3 - Dumpy
That would be really cool if they all had their own personalities and driving styles, but there's no way for this to be done yet. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's renamed AI 1/2/3/4 into Richard, Karen, Tom, Mary, etc though, right?
I renamed my AI guys to comedy names. So I have stuff like Speedy Gonzales in there

There are already games where the AI hurls abuse at you or comments on stuff you've done. Mainly RTS titles. I'm not sure how well it'd work in a fast-paced racer. Cause simple stuff like "good pass" would get really annoying after a while.
Quote from Dumpy :... I'm sure I'm not the only one who's renamed AI 1/2/3/4 into Richard, Karen, Tom, Mary, etc though, right?

I'm sure we've had this in a thread before but mine are all named after characters from Camberwick Green, Trumpton & Chigley... http://www.t-web.co.uk/trumpgo.htm
#6 - cdub
Is it still true that the AI won't learn anything if their names are changed?

Edit: Hold on, isn't LFS an online game?!
No that is not true. If you change the names though, what they've learnt is lost and you have to start again. It's a big difference.
We have had a fun french "AI league" first round yesterday and it was a lot of fun.
One thing was kind of boring though it was the AI selection before the race (we could only have two of them racing).
It would be much faster if we could select which one we want to be racing from a list just by clicking on his name and not adding and removing them one by one .
If you want to have a good evening laughing try some AI league , it's worth it.
#9 - Vegas
I kinda started this as a bit of a joke. But I was serious about making them faster. I got a nice laugh the first time I rode onboard with an AI in a BF1. They lose so much time on the straights. All I can gather is that there is a line they are driving on and they start correcting and over correcting till there going crazy to stay on that line, must be some setting to change the limitations within the line they are on. Just thought one of you would know.

AI Drivers
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG