The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
"Could not nudge the selection because the selected area is not empty"
When i try to move a part of a skin down, i get that error in CS2

The skin i have is a converted FXO, and i need to move one part down slightly, so i use the box tool, highlight the area, and as i press "down" to nudge it down i get that error
#2 - Smax
Quote from Jakg :When i try to move a part of a skin down, i get that error in CS2

The skin i have is a converted FXO, and i need to move one part down slightly, so i use the box tool, highlight the area, and as i press "down" to nudge it down i get that error

If it's a flat background jpg with only one layer, CS2 doesn't always regard it as editable [note little padlock symbol in the layers palatte]

Try duplicating the layer first and then making a selection and nudging it.
#3 - Jakg
its not a flat background, it's full of all kinds of layers, but ill try that now

Could it be that the selection would be on 2 layers?
#4 - Smax
Quote from Jakg :its not a flat background, it's full of all kinds of layers, but ill try that now

Could it be that the selection would be on 2 layers?

Definitely, although you ought be be able to nudge as many layers as you want to. provided that they are not a mixture of vector lines and raster graphics, PS doesn't seem to like doing that for some reason.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Smax :Definitely.

deleted the offending layer (just a black mask, only the actual decal i want (but on the same layer as tons of others ), but i still get the same error

EDIT - Erm, this is gonna sound stupid - but i clicked it (again - for no apparent reason), and suddenly i could move it. Dammit that's just wierd!
#6 - Smax
Nope...that's just Adobe software
Make sure next time ur actualy clicked on the layer your trying to move not the background..mabye

(I know this thread is old anyway)
Quote from Smax :Nope...that's just Adobe software

I think Photoshop has used the strangest layer control ever. I could never get used to it myself, and that is why I don't use it that much to be honest. Layers are seen as each object, which is fine, but I prefer Layers being the parent of every object -- like a group. It's just me and Macromedia stuff . I believe Corel was the same way when I used it back then.
i had the same, just select any other tool then the black arrow, like select the select tool or so and move it with the arrows on your keyboard, hope it helps

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG