The online racing simulator
Can changh the Raceabout car to 2005 type?
I would think that most cockpits are getting a new look for patch v if not the one after that one,
Quote from rc10racer :I would think that most cockpits are getting a new look for patch v if not the one after that one,

I just hope that they aren't just plain texture updates
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
-
To be honest, I feel that people who keep demanding updates and bitching about the lack there of are some what selfish. The game is coded by one guy, which means he has a crap load of work, he then has a family to look after and a kitchen to finish. Making a game should be the last thing on his list of things to do.

I mean lets take a look at Sven Co-op, the last update was in 2003, and due to life they haven't been able to get 3.5 out yet (the lead coder being in a car crash slowed down things too).

It is expected from small dev teams, if LFS had an EA sized dev team and budget then you could maybe understand the demands for patches, but it's one guy, give him some slack.
#6 - Gunn
Quote from chopaholic :The way updates are going on lfs nowadays, Dont count your luck on getting it.

There have been plenty of updates, what rock have you been hiding under? Visit the test patch forum to see the dozens of improvements, fixes and features that Scawen has completed recently or is working on.
Yes, there hasn't been much additions to the demo content yes, thats true
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I mean lets take a look at Sven Co-op, the last update was in 2003, and due to life they haven't been able to get 3.5 out yet (the lead coder being in a car crash slowed down things too).

One major difference: you don't need to pay to play Svencoop.
Quote from Blackout :Yes, there hasn't been much additions to the demo content yes, thats true

And there is no need to do that, either.
Quote from chopaholic :Ooh i know there has been patch's etc. i just mean as in New cars/parts etc

Quote from Blackout :Yes, there hasn't been much additions to the demo content yes, thats true

And even less new cars/parts for demo.
Quote from chopaholic :Ooh i know there has been patch's etc. i just mean as in New cars/parts etc

If you pay for LFS and support it you might actually get more frequent patches. Imagine if I ask you to spend 1000000 hours making something, but don't pay you - you'd find it hard to find the time. Now imagine 1000 people pay you - your motivation would be a bit higher. Now imagine 100000 people pay you - you'd probably do it.

So stop complaining until you've paid for it, and actually have any principles on which to moan.
Quote from AndroidXP :And there is no need to do that, either.

O rly? You really thought I really really thought there would? Sarcasm doesn't pass that well over text, I should've quoted that demoer
You really thought I really thought that you really thought there would? Sorry, I forgot to add the smiley. My answer post was directed at chopaholic, despite of quoting you

It was more like adding to- or continuing your statement, not opposing it.
I seeeee
-
Quote :Erm no thank you. Why should i pay for something that i am not satisfied with even as a demo driver? i used to play s2 online on my mates account as he didnt play anymore, its the same old shit with a few more tracks and cars. And with updates coming few and far between what motivation should anyone have to get s2?

You get the one thing the pirate version doesn't give, online play .
Quote from chopaholic :EWhy should i pay for something that i am not satisfied with even as a demo driver?

Well that's obvious, the extra cars + tracks make a licensed game more satisfying. You say modding might make you buy a license... what is that if not just more cars and tracks? illepall
He is a guy that want's something out of the ordinary, he says that he wants something the Demo Players don't get well if it isnt all the extra cars and tracks, the support of the community and the online play then i am sure he is waiting until he gets something un-useful like a tool to edit the drag strip.
#18 - Jakg
Quote from chopaholic :Erm no thank you. Why should i pay for something that i am not satisfied with even as a demo driver? i used to play s2 online on my mates account as he didnt play anymore, its the same old shit with a few more tracks and cars. And with updates coming few and far between what motivation should anyone have to get s2? If the Devs realesed something new for s2 that demo racers couldnt get (For example allowing them to mod) i would be far more inclined to buy the licence. But for the mean time im keeping my 24 pounds untill the devs decide to release something that intrests me.

what do you mean "the same old shit" - the driving standard is MUCH better, and some of the cars and tracks are just amazing, let alone the whole league position
#19 - Jakg
rofl - you want a spoiler on off, why? it is where it's needed

S1 cars spruced up? nope

I don't want LFS turning into a tuning sim - i want a RACING sim, which is what LFS is. If thats not what you want your playing the wrong game
-
#20 - Jakg
when you want to change the engine parts, add and remove spoilers etc, then i DO think thats what you want

(typical demo racer completely misses the point of LFS)
What are you after then? Tuning the cars won't happen, never. That subject is beaten to death thousands of times, there is no point in it.
What I think what would be cool

that IF there would be a RA MKII, that you choose RA, and then MK I or MK II
(maybe no performance difference only looks)
just like if there WOULD be a new XRG/T/R
MK I or II

would be cool IF the y would change cars...

which isn't very necessarily IMO.
#23 - Vain
Firstly, all 997 GT3 or GT3 Cup (the one in your image) have the very same spoiler. They don't come with any other. In most 997-specialized series you aren't allowed to change them.

Secondly, in series where it's allowed to modify the car (most series) the team with the biggest budget wins. F.e. in the LMP classes at Lemans. Audi wins because Audi's budget is bigger than Pescarolo's. Here in LFS we want to win because we are good drivers, not because we have more credits.

However, changing rims, just as a purely cosmetic thing, propably goes into the same category as skins and helmets.

Vain
Quote from chopaholic :If its a sim for real racing etc, It should have compatability to change engine and bodywork parts because they do that in real life, Or are you one of these know it all lfs'ers who has never been to any track days?

So yea because i want the sim to become more realistic in giving us options to race with i want tuning mods erm NO!

We should start with a stock car in n/a racing series and work up! As your team gets more cash your car/s get better, for example you should be able to work up from a xrg to a xrt spec engine But you should be able to uprate turbo's etc, JUST LIKE REAL RACE DRIVERS DO. Also engine conversions would be nice, so you can have sleepers. JUST LIKE REAL RACERS DO.

And on the subject of me wanting spoilers. Why not? ooh no hold on, shit your right, Race cars dont have spoilers and different rims.

http://www.ceo-racing.be/Illustraties/CEO%20RACING.jpg

It's not trackdays though. These cars are designed specifically to fairly compete with each other or within a certain class with a few other vehicles. If you want a "progression" mode, just start driving in the UF1000, and then work your way up through the faster cars. The best part is, that no matter what you drive, you are competing in totally fair environment. When you get beaten it's because someone was better than you, not because they had a mod which you didn't, and surprise surprise, that's what a lot of real motorsport is like too.

Teams and manufacturers which modify their cars (in series' which allow that sort of thing) still have to abide by very strict guidelines and limitations. As vain said, money is the other limiting factor. In LFS we have no money, but for it to be "JUST LIKE REAL RACERS DO" eventually everybody would have the same optimumly developed or "modded" car because the technical limitations would still be there, so just what is the point of that, except to exclude newcomers for absolutely no reason.

BTW, "sleepers" in a real racing environment? Subtley externally modfied, but much faster than they look tuned (or otherwise) cars?
Trackdays aren't motor-racing mate.
OMG chopaholic just does not get it. LFS is racing sim (as in RACING) not some stupid tuning sim. You can go and play a game like GT4 or NFS if you want to tune cars and progress in a career. Yes, they do change bodyparts and performance parts in real life. But guess why they do it? To increase performance! That is way it just won't work in LFS because it is important that everyone has equal car so that racing is about skill not about how long have you played or how many credits you have earned.

Ontopic: I agree that the RAC dash needs updating, it's so hard to read the speedo on analog mode.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG