The online racing simulator
Let Racers save replay !!!
(32 posts, started )
hi mates !!!

my suggesiton is about saving replays.

you know that if you save a race, after you cant save it again.So you lose the later parts of race.why cant we save a race a lot of times ??

just let us save our races please.
#2 - Jakg
Quote from TyresHot :hi mates !!!

my suggesiton is about saving replays.

you know that if you save a race, after you cant save it again.So you lose the later parts of race.why cant we save a race a lot of times ??

just let us save our races please.

I don't understand, you can already save more than one replay
"replay is not being recorded" it just says...
that's all about what settings you haven't adjusted in LFS..
i have looked everywhere on settings of lfs, there is no setting that will allow me save my races twice.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from TyresHot :"replay is not being recorded" it just says...

if you pit ot stops recording a replay
i cant save race twice whatever i do.i try it pitting or not pitting and another things.if it is a bug please remove it to bugs forum.
#8 - Jakg
Quote from TyresHot :i cant save race twice whatever i do.i try it pitting or not pitting and another things.if it is a bug please remove it to bugs forum.

its not a bug, you've changed the replay option from "manual save" (what you want) to "do not save"
i see you didnt understand me, my settings are "manuel save".but in the same race i cant save replay twice.i save pressing "2" once, then i hit "2" again then it says "replay is not being recorded"....
Think he means, after a race he presses "1" or "2" to save the replay. But then he cannot save anything which may happen after that to a seperate second replay.

EDIT: Yes that
yes, if i save a race in the middle of the race,when race finishes i cant save it again...
Trick is to not do that. Only press "2" at the end of a race, or switch auto-save on and don't worry about it.
Thanks but this is not a solution,

my suggestion is to let saving twice or more.There is no point for a saving limit of 1.

My idea would make it easier and i want this improvement to be heard by scawen
I agree, it's certainly a reasonable request. It starts recording a replay when you join a server iirc, so there's no obvious reason why it couldn't start recording another once you press save.
but you cant have a replay just from the point you saved previous one (cos all dimensions of state of every object should be recorded periodically then).
but in fact you should be able to have whole race from the beginning - and now you prolly cant after saving one in the middle of the race - so saving replay doesnt wipe temp.mpr off.
Quote from TyresHot :Thanks but this is not a solution,

my suggestion is to let saving twice or more.There is no point for a saving limit of 1.

My idea would make it easier and i want this improvement to be heard by scawen

I think there is no problem in saving 1 replay after the race is finished.
It worked for years like that.

What's the improvement if you are allowed to save it more then once?
Only situation I can think of atm is: you save the replay then you quit the race and at then at the end of the race you save another replay to get the full race.

But you have to wait in any way till the race is over to save the full replay.
So I don't see there any advantages - Youstill have to wait till the race is over till you can save the full replay.

On the other hand I often find it a bit arrogating that people who don't really support LFS (with buying a license) post ideas that sound like "I want that".

What I mean is or the right way should be: Do something for LFS then LFS is maybe doing something for you.

but that's just my 2 Euro-Cents
my improvement suggestion is for a situation like that:you want to save a replay long or short.you like the start of the race and you save it , then you see that race goes very good then you save it again.then you like the race finishing you save it again.aprt from all of that, if you disconnect from the race, its not easier to change the replays name from temp to xxxxxx.so there is no point of saving limit of 1. its easier saving 2 or more.and thats clearly an improvement because game becomes more easier.

-to BBO@BSR -and for you "buy s2 first" sentences(toBBO@BSR). i will buy it after i get money, just dont be rude to demo racers.
Quote from TyresHot :my improvement suggestion is for a situation like that:you want to save a replay long or short.you like the start of the race and you save it , then you see that race goes very good then you save it again.then you like the race finishing you save it again.aprt from all of that, if you disconnect from the race, its not easier to change the replays name from temp to xxxxxx.so there is no point of saving limit of 1. its easier saving 2 or more.and thats clearly an improvement because game becomes more easier.

-to BBO@BSR -and for you "buy s2 first" sentences(toBBO@BSR). i will buy it after i get money, just dont be rude to demo racers.

That's what I mean: You only can see that that the race becomes good when you wait (stay on the server/in the race) till it ends. So where's the problem to wait with pressing the "save the replay" button? You have to be there in anyway. Just wait with saving it and then you got the full replay.

And if the race is not good then you still have the start and can only watch the start.

About the "buy S2 first" Maybe it sounds a bit rude but I'm just tired that so many (demo)users (and there are a few) here in the forum think that posting a lot in the forum gives them a good name in the communtiy and made them famous and well known illepall. Instead of first supporting LFS in the right way (first buy then demand). Maybe I'm wrong with you (sorry then) I hope it.

btw just call me BBO
But See if you are ever on a an autocross server which rarely have checkpoints and you save the replay...you may have to wait 45 mins or more just to see the point you want to see since of course u never really restart a race in autocross...:P

So my suggestion would be to stick with the 1 time save replay and have it so YOU could make chapters out of the replaay like you would find on a DVD instead of saving multiple replays and FFwd through it.
Restart The Race And It Will Record!
Very good suggestion, I always thought it also continues writing to that file after you saved it. But it just copies the temp replay once.
+1

Before I knew this, I saved a replay of a league race right at the start, when the lights were still red, just to find out after the race, that it played 2 seconds and gets back to the replay screen.
+1

Might not be useful 99% of the time, but it could be handy for saving replays of something exciting/incriminating/amazing/confusing after you've already saved one.
Quote from BBO@BSR :That's what I mean: You only can see that that the race becomes good when you wait (stay on the server/in the race) till it ends. So where's the problem to wait with pressing the "save the replay" button? You have to be there in anyway. Just wait with saving it and then you got the full replay.

And if the race is not good then you still have the start and can only watch the start.

About the "buy S2 first" Maybe it sounds a bit rude but I'm just tired that so many (demo)users (and there are a few) here in the forum think that posting a lot in the forum gives them a good name in the communtiy and made them famous and well known illepall. Instead of first supporting LFS in the right way (first buy then demand). Maybe I'm wrong with you (sorry then) I hope it.

btw just call me BBO

i will BBO

Anyway,thanks for your support,the best way is that lfs should allow multi-saving.and its i bet its very easy to programme by Scawen. Thanks.
+1

It would be a small feature, but extremely handy to have. Surely all that would need to be changed is for it to copy temp.mpr to a new file and keep recording when you save, rather than just renaming temp.mpr itself.

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG