The online racing simulator
Open LFS for new tracks..
(64 posts, started )
Well... I've never been on Nordschleife or Isle of Man. But i really like the idea of a very large Track with lots of curves.

So if the developers would make a fantasy-track with all the highlights of Nordschleife and/or Isle of Man, that would do it for me!

I don't like the idea of my money in the hand of some licencer.
I'd pay too for the ol' ring .
Quote from inCogNito :
Just another conversion of a conversion of a conversion of the GPL version.

You would just get ALOT mediocre tracks, and maybe 1 or 2 gems.

Don't know where you're coming from with the GPL Nordschlife and conversions as the Pits 1970 version is one of those gems.
I think i tried all Nordschleifes for GTR. And they all sucked.

It may be ok if you don't know better, but if you played GT4, you know what i mean...
#55 - Gunn
It's a pulbic road, I wonder if a fee is even payable and to whom?
#56 - Vain
It is a private road where the public laws apply. So yes, the owner can take as much money as he wants to.

Vain
I would pay for The Ring without thinking twice, and many others would come to LFS only for playing it, that's for sure.

About adding more tracks, I think there are a lot of real tracks less known or very old that would ask much less money for a game license, and they are great tracks!! I Like the idea of the tracks contest, but if they're distributed by Live For Speed then the license has to be payed, and we have the money problem again

For the cars, I've not decided if I want 700+ cars in LFS, but what I would love to have is an "official" LFS Tweak style tool that works only offline, then we could copy any real car specifications and test them in LFS. I would love to try my own car in LFS, and I'm sure any of you too.
Oulton Park
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Snip..
If you make a mistake (and everyone will make a mistake somewhere) you might never see another car until the end of the race. Imagine hitting something in the first couple of miles and having to nurse a tracking problem all the way back to the pits. And how long would it take any of us to actually get a clean, competitive lap there? Probably months of practise, only to join a server and find nobody else has put in those months of practise and it's just a huge wreck-fest.

It'd be a waste of everybody's time IMHO.

But that's not the point of the NS. I don't think the NS would be good for the usual pick-up race, it's more a track for Endu races, or setting up your car, testing different settings, or just cruise around and enjoy the view
It would be a challenge to practice and study different lines (especially when weather comes in LFS, wet lines on the NS are very very difficult). I think the majority of those who actually like this idea, are willing to sacrifice their social lifes in order to master this track.
@Thisnameistaken

You have some point there, BUT, imagine when you, and some people really master the track, and you have a 8, 9 minute laps with people behind your back, then you miss a braking point, they catch up, they make a mistake too, and so on.. It CAN be good for online, but people have to learn to drive it well.. I would pay for it, even if it is not playable online, i would be happy just hotlapping it..
And i am sorry for the thread name, i REALLY don't want LFS to be opened for moding..
I've done a lot of laps alone in Aston or Fern Bay, even with full grids, that's something that happens in races . BTW I see The Ring more like a personal challenge, to master the line and fly from bend to bend, it would be amazing. Don't know how LFS tracks are designed, but if an old game like GPL can have a Ring, I presume LFS also can.
#62 - Vain
The Ring isn't exactly about racing each other. The Ring challenges the driver and the driver challenges the track. And it's always the same fight. Each race, each lap, each turn. Different drivers only compete in their ability to race against the track, not race against each other. That is a very special thing about the green hell.
One can master a normal track. But no one will master the Ring. Nobody did until today and propably no one will ever be able to do so.
This is propably a mayor point about the obsession behind the Ring.

Vain
Quote from Vain :But no one will master the Ring. Nobody did until today and propably no one will ever be able to do so.

Sabine Schmitz

BTW, I agree with you 100%
Just wanted to say that I used to play an old racing game (forget the name, it was mostly crappy) that had several cities where, if you wanted to race, you could click on the streets you wanted to use for the race, clicked the intersection for the start and finish, etc., and then raced. What is good about this is you could build a city like South City and a country roads map and set it up for this type of format. If you had more than just a couple roads, and many different intersections, you could conceivably have infinite number of racetracks, while not opening LFS to modders. The City map would be great for tarmac, and the country could be a rallycross with tarmac and farmers dirt roads.

Open LFS for new tracks..
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG