The online racing simulator
Wheel turn compensation.
(32 posts, started )
Wheel turn compensation.
I have a Logitech Formula Force Gp wheel, and I want to know what is the ideal wheel turn compensation, if 0.00, 0.30, 0.60...etc, and also wich one will be the best for better laps. Or either post what wheel turn compensation you use.

Thanks for everyone, c ya.
I think 1:00 works best for me and most people use it i think
I use 1, its nice to not have to muck around with wheel turn amounts.
for my dfp in 200° mode (actually its 180, same as your ffgp) ive got the compensation set to .80 ... works for me
1 is the best for most situations and the most accurate force feedback. Since *most* inputs are not very drastic, I would make the case that it provides the most realistic experience possible with a low rotation wheel.
Yeah the lower the rotation your wheel has, the higher you want wheel compensation. This will allow for the wheel to not be so sensitive and twitchy at its centerpoint, as well as not be tooo crazy when trying to countersteer. Having it at 1.00 is what you want. It gives a smooth amount of centering, while a high rate of turn when nearing each lock point.... best for when trying to catch a slide right away. Because if it is too sensitive and you need to catch a slide, you will most likely countersteer too much and be out of control. LFS works best with a smoother steering setting for precision and gradual control for slides... you don't want something snappy that results in too much back-and-forth steering.

With higher the rotation, you may want to turn it down a bit (or a lot). As this will "connect" LFS better with the true speed your steering should have... and be more responsive for many situations (like turn-ins and countersteering).

When I used a fixed rotation wheel, I found that I would be switching between 0.50 and 1.00 depending on what car I used (like formula car versus road car (or better yet, MRT which is very twitchy))... AND how the setup is made (eg Anti-Roll Bar being light, resulting in sluggish steering (would need more immediate response from my wheel) and vice versa).
hmm ive always used .3 to .4 in road cars and somthing like .8 in formulas and gtr's, that on my microsoft sidewinder(gameport)
Quote from Barroso :hmm ive always used .3 to .4 in road cars and somthing like .8 in formulas and gtr's, that on my microsoft sidewinder(gameport)

with my old msff i had 0.21 which gave me the best feeling.

what about the black momo? im using 0 wtc at 240°
I've never used non-linear steering*. Not having enough lock is a hardware issue, I'm not going to compound the problem by making steering less natural and predictable.

*with my wheel, when using mouse it was another story.
I'm using 0.8 for wheel compensation since quite a while now. I started out with totally linear steering, but I then didn't have enough precision where I needed it. Personally, I prefer having a good precision around the center, and while it may not be as predictable in extreme situations, as soon as you have to steer that much you're doing things horribly wrong anyways.
Mines at zero
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D : damn proxy...needs a edit but cant save it
@ AndroidXP you had the MSFF right?

(black momo) I played around with the wtc alot but i could not find a good setup so far. Its quite a while ago and i may have to try that once again. All i need is the feeling for the car and especially for the tires (front) at every situation. With 0 it feels best but there where situations where i felt i could have had more precision somehow but i might be wrong on that. Since my wheel is not the youngest anymore this might be one of a reasons for the strange feelings i receive in some situations.
I use 1.0 with my black momo and it's great in all cars bar the MRT (which goes squiffy on larger locks). On the G25 I intend to use 0 though.
@ tristan: you also use (only) 50% ff in the profiler right? (rsc )

I tried your settings a while ago but they are way smoother then mine and it gives me the feeling i dont have control at/for every situation. Maybe i should spend more time on that but i like my settings more for now so ill stick to them. But its even nice to see or get a feeling for how other drivers play everyday :P

Tristan: 50% FF profiler, 60% ingame (all cars?), wtc: 1
me: 100% FF profiler, 20% ingame, wtf: 0

i think its quite important how much FF is in use, by the profiler and ingame. Also a nice setup between these two is needed as well. But wtc hmm...its a matter of feeling or is there a "natural" setting somewhere? Very interesting stuff but work is calling
Quote from 510N3D :@ AndroidXP you had the MSFF right?

Yes, I still use it. But it's going to be replaced with a G25 as soon as it's available here
i have my wtc set at 0 and my wheel is a dfp. i have the dfp set at 540° (hardware and in game) and it seems to do the trick. my ffb is set at 75% hardware and 40% in game and that makes the steering not too light when it feels like i am driving a flying carpet and not too heavy so it feels like i am driving a steam roller. but once i get into the big GTR's i have to drop the ffb down to 20% because it's like driving a bus lol
I don't know how you guys use so much ffb.
I set profiler to 50% and ingame ffb to about 10-15%. Any higher and it feels like there is just way too much resistance!

Also I use a dfp and with 720 degrees in profiler so the wheel is a 1:1 match with in game - thus wheel compensation has no effect on the steering for me.
Quote from 510N3D :@ tristan: you also use (only) 50% ff in the profiler right? (rsc )

I tried your settings a while ago but they are way smoother then mine and it gives me the feeling i dont have control at/for every situation. Maybe i should spend more time on that but i like my settings more for now so ill stick to them. But its even nice to see or get a feeling for how other drivers play everyday :P

Tristan: 50% FF profiler, 60% ingame (all cars?), wtc: 1
me: 100% FF profiler, 20% ingame, wtf: 0

i think its quite important how much FF is in use, by the profiler and ingame. Also a nice setup between these two is needed as well. But wtc hmm...its a matter of feeling or is there a "natural" setting somewhere? Very interesting stuff but work is calling

0.5 * 0.6 = 0.3 = 30%
1.0 * 0.2 = 0.2 = 20%

So I actually use slightly more FFB than you. And yes, I tend to use 50 - 60% in all cars.

But as you say it's what you get used to, and what feels right to you. My wheel countersteers quite nicely (if a touch slow) on it's own, and I can feel kerbs (the ones that have bumps simulated on them), understeer, oversteer, crashes, damage, cambers, tyre flex and individual wheel spins/locks. Thus I am happy with my settings. But some people are going to have different requirements and expectations, or spend their time in different cars. I'm pretty much only driving LX's at the moment, and I've actually reduced the FFB in game to about 40% to get lighter steering so I can saw at the wheel quicker.
I cant understand you use so light FF

-okay if you mostly drive standardscars its most realistic I guess.
...but if you drive GTR or singleseater, wich are very rough racecars
you gotta have FF POWER

I use DFP - FF Profiler 100%, ingame 36%, 271º both in Profiler and ingame (all cars), wtc 0
@ tristan: can you explain this calculation plz? I am not sure what these parameters are for.

Another question could be, after reading your post, "Whats the goal of creating a "Wheel Setup" ? "

My goal was allways to create something i dont have to change for every single vehicle, so to speak a overall setup. I think im pretty much finished but with the tbo class im using slighly more FF. Maybe im losing some time with some cars/classes but as long as every single one gives me the "correct" feeling...i dont care.

or

Is the goal to use only a single vehicle (class)?

I use a dfp so 0 whichever car im in and whatever wheel rotation im at. My usual dfp rotation is 360 for street cars, 270 for gtr and 200 for SS.
Quote from miata :I don't know how you guys use so much ffb.
I set profiler to 50% and ingame ffb to about 10-15%. Any higher and it feels like there is just way too much resistance!

Also I use a dfp and with 720 degrees in profile so the wheel is a 1:1 match with in game - thus wheel compensation has no effect on the steering for me.

blimey, i use 150% with the wingman profile and 200% in game on my DFP

i think some people need to do a few weights in the gym
Quote from Sticky-Micky :blimey, i use 150% with the wingman profile and 200% in game on my DFP

lol dont hurt yourself
Attached images
popeye.jpg
Quote from Sticky-Micky :blimey, i use 150% with the wingman profile and 200% in game on my DFP

I use 100% in CP and between 15% - 40% in game depending on car but then again if i go higher my desk falls apart lmao.
LMAO

i cant even lift my massive corner desk thing up by myself :eek:

it needs to be taken apart and carried in sections when its moved about :eek:

Wheel turn compensation.
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG