The online racing simulator
The Duel
(8 posts, started )
#1 - Nard
The Duel
Hey guys, I had to make a movie out of this replay, so here it is. There's a thread in general discussions about AI being really poor; well this is a display of the fun that can be had racing them.

This is in no means aimed at showing my driving skills, or how awesome a driving simulator LFS is. This is just a display of the fun that could be had if the XFR was just a bit more powerful. Acceleration and cornering speeds that would make it able to keep up to the more powerful GTR (let's just say the FXR being the overall slower of the three top tier cars) cars would even up the field a bit more and make for even more interesting racing.

This movie was done with optimal setups for each car with a full load of fuel and on high temperature tires. AI had been driving on that course for 50 or so lapŝ when I started to have trouble catching up to them and the racing started to get really interesting.

Hope you like it, and look out for the tire deformations, I really love the effects!

Filefront link: http://files.filefront.com/The ... /;5974413;;/fileinfo.html
You got my atention by that... downloading...
it will take a while... =\

Edit: ok, seen the movie - didnt enjoy the action too much but the camera angles are REALLY GOOD
#3 - KeMoT
Downloading.
#4 - bbman
Quote from Nard :Hey guys, I had to make a movie out of this replay, so here it is. There's a thread in general discussions about AI being really poor; well this is a display of the fun that can be had racing them.

This is in no means aimed at showing my driving skills, or how awesome a driving simulator LFS is. This is just a display of the fun that could be had if the XFR was just a bit more powerful. Acceleration and cornering speeds that would make it able to keep up to the more powerful GTR (let's just say the FXR being the overall slower of the three top tier cars) cars would even up the field a bit more and make for even more interesting racing.

This movie was done with optimal setups for each car with a full load of fuel and on high temperature tires. AI had been driving on that course for 50 or so lapŝ when I started to have trouble catching up to them and the racing started to get really interesting.

Hope you like it, and look out for the tire deformations, I really love the effects!

Filefront link: http://files.filefront.com/The ... /;5974413;;/fileinfo.html

Although your video is quite entertaining to watch and I'm sure you had fun competing with the AI, you're missing the point... The XFR was, is and will never meant to compete against the big GTRs... It was always clear that these are two different GTR-classes, one containing the XFR and the UFR, the other containing FXR, XRR and FZR... In addition, the XFR can barely handle the power as it is... More and he'll be constantly spinning his tires, frying them uselessly...
#5 - Nard
Oh, it definately is a different class, whenever I'm on the track with player controlled GTRs, there's no way to keep up with the XRR and FZR, but on twistier tracks, it almost is possible to stay on the FXR's tail. Or the FXR is grossly underpowered, or it's overpowered and belongs with the UFR and XFR.

Or maybe it belongs in its own class and needs a counterpart. Two cars in each GTR tier, that'd be something.
LFS Vision? why is it i cant find this?
#7 - KeMoT
I found this movie rather weak. Sorry.
#8 - bbman
Quote from Nard :Oh, it definately is a different class, whenever I'm on the track with player controlled GTRs, there's no way to keep up with the XRR and FZR, but on twistier tracks, it almost is possible to stay on the FXR's tail. Or the FXR is grossly underpowered, or it's overpowered and belongs with the UFR and XFR.

Or maybe it belongs in its own class and needs a counterpart. Two cars in each GTR tier, that'd be something.

No, it just has a huge turbo lag and because there are not many good drivers driving the FXR, it's often not being taken into account... Take a look at the WR-Chart on LfSW... It's ages away from the XFR...

The Duel
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG