The online racing simulator
how do you unlock s1
(34 posts, started )
how do you unlock s1
i have s1 full and s2 demo but i cant unlock s1 i know i have no s2 account or s1 just want to unlock s1 0.3H so ican drive the other cars
#2 - th84
i wan to unlock s1 on s1 full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
You cannot buy S1 licences on their own, so to unlock S1 you'll need to purchase an S2 licence. This will then enable you to unlock S1, as well as S2, o you get all the benefits with no downside.

If you have an S1 licence, you can log into this forum using your username and password, then it'll say S1 Licenced under your name.
Only way to unlock it is to purchase S2. Which is well worth the small cost

How dumb are some people though..posting in the main section of the offical forum for a game asking basically how to crack it illepall
you can't do it anyway; S1 works differently so you cant play S1 anymore; you can only get S2 and play on S2

by S1 i mean.. the original S1; not S1 content in S2
Can you not unlock S1 at all anymore, in spite of owning an S1/S2 licence?
well actually i dont know; but im pretty positive you cant; S1 worked by keys, S2 doesn't use keys (well.. it says it does, but you dont actually put in the key yourself like we did in S1)

you might be able to ask victor but.. i honestly am unsure about that, but im pretty sure we can't
Will have to try it in the morning, will be a shame if it can't be done, S1 is a major part of LFS's history, its nice to indulge in nostalgia sometimes
Didn't the final version of S1 (H?) use the new 'keyless' system?
well.. i thought not, but now that im looking at it i guess not your right; nevermind, it doesn't have a key code
Just come accross my old S1H install, and it unlocked fine using the keyless system.

Good fun, although I was the only one online in the whole 1 server. Hmm wonder why
i bet you'll find some demo people still playing though that will say they will never convert to S2 because of "tire wear" and more utter crap saying that drifting is "hard" when.. drifting a car is really easy anywhere on any game or in life
Suprisingly, no-one online in the demo either. Last time I was on S1 there was still a few drifting servers about, for whatever reason Infact I remeber logging onto there for a laugh, and there was this chap who didn't even know about S2, he was wondering why there was only ever 2-3 people online Soon pointed him towards it.
uhm isn't S1 update just like the demo? so you still have the same cars and tracks but with the new physics etc?

but you mean that people who bought S1 when only S1 was out and never bought S2 when that came out cant play S1 anymore?!

I have 2 friends who only bought S1, also met some demo drivers who do have S1 but didn't buy S2... for those people their purshase has become useless since they cant join S2 server running S1 combo's and there are no S1 servers.. so they can only play offline (which is boring since the Ai is uhm..) but as you say it they cant even do that since they would not be able to unlock their product??!!

Well imho although this has been suggested before, S1 users should have been able to join S2 servers running S1 combo's (TBO on FernBay, LX on southcity whatever...) but this was not done due to people being able to hack the game. Although I wonder since now S1 is not sold seperately anymore howmany S1 licence holders out there would actualy make use of this possible hack... To bad though, even if it was change now not many old S1 users would know and still come online.. I always say the more the merrier imho there are way to less licenced drivers online.. most of the time there are even more demo drivers then S2 drivers. Giving us less choice in combo's

ok now i'll quit just my 2 cents though I'm happy with my S2 licence just a bit unhappy that I confinced my friends to buy S1 back in the day..

edit : maybe I misread, ofcourse I understand you cant unlock the old S1, but I think you are able to unlock just the S1 content in the new S2 download... right? Sorry for the rant!
Now you confused me :twirl:

With your S2 license you can:
- Unlock S2U with S2 content
- Unlock S1H with S1 content

With your S1 license you can:
- Unlock S2U with S1 content

Btw, Scawen is working on modifying the server list, so S2 users also see servers from S1 licensed users, who have unlocked S2U with S1 content. This is planned for patch V, which should come out somewhere mid October, and would make S1 licenses not completely worthless.

The only way to get an S1 license now, is to choose the payment method of your liking, but simply pay £12 instead of £24. If you already have an S1 license from the old days, you don't need to buy anything - it still works.
Quote from AndroidXP :Now you confused me :twirl:

With your S2 license you can:
- Unlock S2U with S2 content

With your S1 license you can:
- Unlock S2U with S1 content

Btw, Scawen is working on modifying the server list, so S2 users also see servers from S1 licensed users, who have unlocked S2U with S1 content. This is planned for patch V, which should come out somewhere mid October, and would make S1 licenses not completely worthless.

The only way to get an S1 license now, is to choose the payment method of your liking, but simply pay £12 instead of £24. If you already have an S1 license from the old days, you don't need to buy anything - it still works.

Now, where is this info coming from?
The next/last test patch, and not Patch V, is due 'mid october' according to Scawen's text there (although the overriding When It's Ready clause comes into effect), and so patch V could be a few weeks after that (or it might be a few hours, it just depends how much red bull Scawen's been drinking. Or how many Jaffa Cakes he's eaten!).

Edit: Just added a little clarification as to what I meant after Bob's post below. Can't wait to see what Scavier have in store for us
Quote from tristancliffe :The next/last test patch is due 'mid october' according to Scawen's text there (although the overriding When It's Ready clause comes into effect)

Latest estimates put it at early November. Subject to changes and jaffa cake pauses of course.
What on Earth is a jaffa cake?
You've seriously never had a jaffa cake?

<shock>

:faint:

(and if you'd watched the videos you'd know )

how do you unlock s1
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG