The online racing simulator
(red) Momo question
(10 posts, started )
(red) Momo question
I bought a red (?) Momo about a week and a half ago. The problem that I am having started right out of the box. Im not sure if its a big deal or not, and should I go and exchange the wheel.

The wheel has a certain degree of leeway where I get no resistance to movement, and no input into the game. When I move the wheel I generally feel a certain resistance, and the car on the screen responds to the input. However when I center the wheel, i can move it a tiny bit (maybe 1-2mm) without any resistance, and no input into the game. Its sort of like driving an old car, but not as severe. It's not a huge problem but it is a pain in the ass, especially considering that i JUST shelled out a hundred bucks for the damn thing.

English = NOT my first toungue, so did anybody understand what the hell Im talking about? Should I go and return it, or does this happen to everybody?
#2 - bbman
Maybe you have to put the option "Remove dead zones" to yes?
I'll try that, Thanks!

Do I do that from the LFS menu, control panel, or Momo profiler?

Sorry, at work right now and cant try it on my own
#4 - bbman
The LfS options menu (Controller -> Axes to pinpoint it's exact location out of my memory)... Let us know if this helped...
Quote from silver bullet :I bought a red (?) Momo about a week and a half ago. The problem that I am having started right out of the box. Im not sure if its a big deal or not, and should I go and exchange the wheel.

The wheel has a certain degree of leeway where I get no resistance to movement, and no input into the game. When I move the wheel I generally feel a certain resistance, and the car on the screen responds to the input. However when I center the wheel, i can move it a tiny bit (maybe 1-2mm) without any resistance, and no input into the game. Its sort of like driving an old car, but not as severe. It's not a huge problem but it is a pain in the ass, especially considering that i JUST shelled out a hundred bucks for the damn thing.

English = NOT my first toungue, so did anybody understand what the hell Im talking about? Should I go and return it, or does this happen to everybody?

This definitely sounds like a deadzone problem to me, and I'm guessing that checking that option will fix it.

BTW, your English is remarkable, no need to apologize at all.
Quote from silver bullet :I bought a red (?) Momo about a week and a half ago......should I go and exchange the wheel.
....Should I go and return it, or does this happen to everybody?

Ummm....where did you get it that you can "return" it??? The Momo Force (red) is out of production and thus, circulation.
Quote from banshee56 :Ummm....where did you get it that you can "return" it??? The Momo Force (red) is out of production and thus, circulation.

I bought the Logitech Momo force feedback wheel at Comp Usa, new. The box was red (color), so I assumed it was the infamous "red" Momo, but again I might be wrong.

Thanks for everyone's help, I'll try it as soon as I get home, and let you know if it helped.
Ok I clicked the "Remove deadzones" option, and it did help in a sense that now when I move the wheel in the "deadzone" I see input on the screen. What it did not fix, however, was the fact that I still get no physical resistance in the "'deadzone" when the wheel is in the centered position. This is some sort of a mechanical defect that cannot be fixed with software.

Im thinking that Im going to take my wheel back to the store, and make them open a new one for me, and try it out to see if I can feel the deadzone on another wheel. If it feels the same, i'll just keep mine, if not I'll swap it.

I guess my question here is, does anybody else have the same problem? If its a defect on every Momo wheel, i'll just keep the wheel that I have now and save the trip to the store.
Ive got the regular one, thanks for all your help btw!

(red) Momo question
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG