The online racing simulator
Race of the month
(35 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to see a Developers race?

yes
no
Race of the month
A race for the developers. Scawen vs. Eric vs. Victor.
That would be really nice to see a reply of.
Race on BL with one of the cars
UF1000, XF GTR, Formula XR, FXO GTR, FZ50 GTR, MRT5, XR GT Turbo.

10 laps with 1 pitstop....
Maybe I am the only one who would think this is a cool idea
but I would REALLY like to see that
id like to see it too. ive never seen any of the devs race before, id go for FoX though, one of the most fun car in the game.
Yes but I would also like to see them releasing the patch V
Didn't Victor do some races as an invited honor guest or something like that.
Victor was also driving in this AutoX Test Layout.
He was working
I'd like to see them in LX6
It would be fun to see devs compete with few racers from the top teams like ocr, t7r, etc..
Quote from Captain Slow :id go for FoX though, one of the most fun car in the game.

FOX? IMO its one of the most boring cars in LFS.. Pedal to the metal all the time, only the timing of turn-ins decides the speed
Quote from frokki :FOX? IMO its one of the most boring cars in LFS.. Pedal to the metal all the time, only the timing of turn-ins decides the speed

every man to his own
Quote from Captain Slow :every man too his own

I agree.. I really like the FOX... Especially on South City and Aston
It's a fun idea, but I can't see the plus side for the devs really. If you think about it, it's probably far better for them to maintain an air of mystique and race anonymously. If they race in a well-advertised well-attended race, they'll presumably just get beaten by some aliens and have people start thinking that they're only human. (Even if the race only includes the devs themselves, people will still be watching their times.)

Worse, what if there was some sort of racing incident involving one of the devs? I'm sure they're clean drivers, of course, but what if a player wrongly felt that a dev had made deliberate contact or something? Do they need the kind of forum-based shrieking that would ensue?
Quote from frokki :FOX? IMO its one of the most boring cars in LFS.. Pedal to the metal all the time, only the timing of turn-ins decides the speed

Note to self: must time turn-ins better.
i know this is off topic, but if someone quotes you, then you edit the origonal post, it still leaves the quote how it was before. hehe.

sorry, simple things please simple minds. (thats why i like ovals)
GT Turbo, has to be. Tis the only manly option. Downforce is for girls.

On a side note, that way demo racers appreciate it too.
I would really like to see Eric on FE green, so he finally gets the punishment he deserves for those damn silly tyres in the chicane
Could this thread be the start of a different type of league?

Where forum members are selectively pitted against one another?

Say maybe Kid versus.......faster111

Id pay to see that, especially the pre-race chat.
Quote from mrbogeyman :Could this thread be the start of a different type of league?

Where forum members are selectively pitted against one another?

Say maybe Kid versus.......faster111

Id pay to see that, especially the pre-race chat.

ROFLMFAO over and over again till i have a heart attack.

could we get them to both give a race report afterwards?
Only if they do it with the V patch physics, with prototype cars at Laguna seca LFS track (and mouth full of jaffa cakes).

And anything less than 6 hours is just silly!
what a brilliant thread!
Quote from Blackout :...
Didn't Victor do some races as an invited honor guest or something like that.

Yes he raced i.e. in the SDRA invitational Race to promote LFS in Sweden.
Together with Moby,Vince,Misko,n1lyn,GranaT,HittiS,
Vykos,DeeS,Neokiller,Bosse,Göran,RudiTurbo and myself

It was good fun.

Quote from frokki :It would be fun to see devs compete with few racers from the top teams like ocr, t7r, etc..

I don't think it would be fair for them because they usually work on the game/website/sound/grafix instead of driving it just for fun (like most of us do) and trying to beat their hotlaps every day.

I think Scawen is driving online most of the three devs. Because he drives before releasing bigger patches with the beta testers on hidden servers.

At least:
I think to myself if it is a good idea if I would also do what I actually do for living in my freetime and at the weekends just for fun.
I don't think so
Quote from BBO@BSR :
At least:
I think to myself if it is a good idea if I would also do what I actually do for living in my freetime and at the weekends just for fun.
I don't think so

I spend most of my time on work. Developments, different assigns, music work, etc... Am even working when am "not working"....
The devs spend all theyr time on the development and I honestly think they should slow down maybe a day or two and either relaxe or give us a race
i voted yes, but actually they should continue developing.
It'd be dull to watch 3 cars racing, a quick check of their LFSW times for the FOX reveals it'd be a case of the slow car has a big lead over the slower car and the slowest car is miles behind .

Race of the month
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG