The online racing simulator
Why not more tracks?
(79 posts, started )
Why not more tracks?
Why not Erik?

Sure we have many layouts, but just 6 tracks after 4 years...

Please, there is no prevision about new tracks? Not new layouts, but new tracks.
Im sure when the time is right they will be released. We just have to be patient.
Quote from Speed Soro :Sure we have many layouts, but just 6 tracks after 4 years...

To be the devil's advocate here, we have 6 complete environments, with a distinct/different feel to each of them. Content don't come easy, especially if it's just one person doing the design, modelling and texturing. Don't forget he has also to make the cockpit models of several cars as well (which according to some interview were in the works).

Not that I'd ever complain for more environments.
i think alot of new people forget theres only 3 people making everything. theres always someone asking for new tracks/cars/features. most of the time are impossible because of liscensing. hats of to them i say. for making it as good as it is up till now.
i'd like to see you model a track in half a year and fix all the bugs in it after making it, and then mapping it, and then comming up with textures for it
I'm sure Eric is working hard in the new GTR interiors and other stuff
I'd take revised tracks instead of completely new tracks. Fern Bay needs to be graphically updated and especially Aston needs some remaking with with some corners. There are just too many completely stupid and unrealistic corners in LFS tracks in general.
#8 - axus
Fern Bay is indeed one hell of a layout - just needs fixing up.
Quote from deggis :I'd take revised tracks instead of completely new tracks. Fern Bay needs to be graphically updated and especially Aston needs some remaking with with some corners. There are just too many completely stupid and unrealistic corners in LFS tracks in general.

What Aston corners do you say are unrealistic?
I kind of like fern bay with its "rough edges". It feels like a circuit thats not fully developed with full spectator and safety standards. While it certainly doesn't suit open wheelers, for street cars like a club circuit I like it...
Quote from Marty502 :What Aston corners do you say are unrealistic?

"Mini Eau Rouge" for example - yeah it's similar to Laguna Seca's corkscrew but Aston is supposed to be a modern GP track. The problem is that you can just ram it in 200 km/h speed which is just unrealistic. Though the problem is in the damage and bit of tyre physics also. Other corner I would like to be changed is that chicane type of thing before the start straight in AS Nat config, it's just weird. In overall LFS just needs more slow and sharp corners, especially Aston and also the chicanes in KY GP needs to made slower, now you can also just ram over those.

ps. How do you know about anything Aston's corners, you're a demo racer, at least it says so under your nick...
#12 - Vain
I think that the number of track enviroments is okay.
They just feel too similar.
Kyoto, Aston and Westhill are wide and smooth high-speed tracks.
South City and Fern bay are the only tracks that are technically challenging.
(Blackwood is somewhere between. It has boring sections and interesting sections.)

Eric loves "straight, brake, corner, straight, brake, two similar corners, straight, brake, corner, straight, etc."-type of tracks. A lot drivers don't.

Vain
I want more tracks. Simples as that.

6 tracks is not enough. We have got championships here, with always the same 6 tracks...

I don't think there are something wrong with any corner. Straight, brake, curve is what any track is. Except of course the boring ovals.

Each curve, each corner, you do how you can, so, if must to reduce your speed, just do it. There are nothing wrong. The tracks are waht they are.

What we need is more variation, more tracks we different look, different chalenge.

We don't need a new Fern Bay or a new Black wood, but new tracks.

And ok, it must not be easy to do, but it is not impossible.

And why not open the track modeling to a selected team of colaborators?

I'm here not criticizing nobody, but just asking, WHY NOT MORE TRACKS?
Quote from Speed Soro :Why not Erik?

Sure we have many layouts, but just 6 tracks after 4 years...

Please, there is no prevision about new tracks? Not new layouts, but new tracks.

Your currently on my ignore list for nagging about patch updates, there's no pleasing some illepall
#15 - JJ72
Well, who say there won't be more tracks?

There WILL be more tracks, just not now. It's purely a factor of time they can put in such work, when things like car models also needs fixing.

Actually, everyone wants more tracks.
Quote from Speed Soro :And why not open the track modeling to a selected team of colaborators?

I'm sure that if they change their current mode of operations we'll learn about it, but as it stands LFS is a 3 person team - that's what they've chosen to do and that's how it is. *shrug*

Quote from Speed Soro :I'm here not criticizing nobody, but just asking, WHY NOT MORE TRACKS?

I don't think there is a "why" in this. And I am also quite certain that if Eric could eat some beans, strain a bit and fart tracks he'd be doing it all day long and we'd be sniffing them up. But I guess he's not one for pulses. My point is, if he could make extra complete track environments on a time schedule that pleased every single one of us then I am more than certain that he would.
Dude I am still trying to get the time guys were doing around blackwood 4 years ago, master these tracks and then complain about more tracks.-.

In reality tracks are not intraduced all the time, some have been around since the early 70's.... and are still in operation ( layouts) look for a modabl sim like rfactor if you need more variety, let this sim be.. it is good as it is, just wait for more dev..

ruckus37
#18 - Vain
This discussion isn't about "I can do WR pace on all tracks, gimme more tracks!" at all.
If it was we wouldn't need more than the dragstrip, because there is always just one WR holder and according to your explanation all others should go and master driving in a straight line before complaining.
This discussion is about "I like this track" or "I don't like this track". There are people who like the Oval, there are people who like the dragstrip, and there are people who dislike all currently available tracks in LFS or like only very few of these tracks and want some variety.

Vain
Quote from Vain :This discussion isn't about "I can do WR pace on all tracks, gimme more tracks!" at all.
If it was we wouldn't need more than the dragstrip, because there is always just one WR holder and according to your explanation all others should go and master driving in a straight line before complaining.
This discussion is about "I like this track" or "I don't like this track". There are people who like the Oval, there are people who like the dragstrip, and there are people who dislike all currently available tracks in LFS or like only very few of these tracks and want some variety.

Vain

ok you got me if you want more tracks look at rfactor and let the dev's be.......
No, not more tracks neither cars, not yet. The only reason I see for new tracks is leagues, yeah, it would be more realistic. I think LFS has pretty much of variety - Blackwood is a nice race track in England, but not very official. South City is... well... something like Monaco, a very good and technical track. Fern Bay is a nice club track, not very official, please don't make it a race circuit, like you did with Blackwood. All of the previous tracks have both fast and slow configs. All of the S2 tracks are fast (like the cars), very official, especcialy Aston.
Quote from Speed Soro :I want more tracks. Simples as that.

6 tracks is not enough. We have got championships here, with always the same 6 tracks...

I don't think there are something wrong with any corner. Straight, brake, curve is what any track is. Except of course the boring ovals.

Each curve, each corner, you do how you can, so, if must to reduce your speed, just do it. There are nothing wrong. The tracks are waht they are.

What we need is more variation, more tracks we different look, different chalenge.

We don't need a new Fern Bay or a new Black wood, but new tracks.

And ok, it must not be easy to do, but it is not impossible.

And why not open the track modeling to a selected team of colaborators?

I'm here not criticizing nobody, but just asking, WHY NOT MORE TRACKS?

One word: rFactor
#22 - Vain
Quote from Vain :I know an absolutely unrelated word to that one! Physics.

Vain

Try a mod of rfactor, i hated the vinilla rfactor util the 2005 and the 1979 f1 mod, new Physics, wicked....
Quote from Vain :I know an absolutely unrelated word to that one! Physics.

Vain

Touche. Not having played the game full time myself, I take it that the game lacks physics compared to LFS?
Quote from BigDave2967 :Touche. Not having played the game full time myself, I take it that the game lacks physics compared to LFS?

BigDave a completly modable game,......

Why not more tracks?
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG