The online racing simulator
12h of Kyoto GP : Discussion
Go Norbi!! Great start by Norbert, and I only wonder what is happening between Ocrana and Cyber right now

I never saw the pace car starts in MoE, so this was neat. But it looks like a few people in the back left some big gaps or weren't lined up right, lol.

Good luck everyone. And great looking skins for endurance racing!

Live Tracker http://moe.lfs-tracker.de/
#3 - axus
Been watching the tracker - looks like a proper battle out there. Just one suggestion - it'd be interesting to see laps since last pitstop for each team somewhere.
Hm, good suggestion. Will look into that.
The extended stats now show the time since the last pitstop. Cant really calculate the number of laps, but this should be a good indication.
Quote from Frankmd :The extended stats now show the time since the last pitstop. Cant really calculate the number of laps, but this should be a good indication.

Where can I find that?
Probably behind this:

"Time since last pit (min:sec)"

Press the little plus in front of a team.

Problems should be fixed now. The tracker should also display the number of pitstops correct now.
Car #42 has just decided to pull out because of connection problems. We would like to thank them for filling the gap Muroc left yesterday and hope to see them back on track in future LFS GT or MoE races.
another improvement seggestion i have for the tracker would be to see the percentage done by a driver to the total! instead of when just one guy is driving it always says 100% it should say e.g. 24% because he did 24% of the 12hours...would be easier to see because of the 45% rule for some teams
#12 - axus
Quote from Frankmd :The extended stats now show the time since the last pitstop. Cant really calculate the number of laps, but this should be a good indication.

Awesome, thanks
-
(otolikos) DELETED by Frankmd
I also added total distance covered. This is simply the number of laps multiplied by the length of the track, but might be nice to see that the first car already covered 1275 km today.
Maybe it would be better if the "Car in front" time was calculated differently? At the moment it's quite misleading if cars aren't on the same lap.

A possible alternative could be to only calculate it at the end of each lap, or to compare total times at the last sector completed by the car behind. If that doesn't make sense I can try and explain it better .

Josh
-
(otolikos) DELETED by Frankmd
u like doing your advertisement for that stuff?
I think this spambaby needs a ban.
Great race all....Lots of connection problems and game crashes made this a very interesting race indeed. First of all our driver started the race and in first lap he had no sound and could not get it working so he had to restart LFS and we he joined we were 3 laps down. After tyres blowing without warning we got 4 punchers lol. and another one of our drivers lost connection so from last to 12th aint a bad results for us. Seemed to be a very very clean race and i only seen 1 crash when 2 guys were fighting for pos and they touched sending OCR into a wall. (Was fun to watch ) Anyway i hope we have less problems next race and mebe give the top guys a little race. Good race everyone and congrats for finishing the first race of teh new season..
Quote from B11TME :Lots of connection problems and game crashes made this a very interesting race indeed.

killed the race here....

but still really nice to watch in the end
In terms of lag and connection problems this wasnt the best race indeed. The stupid thing is that it was probably caused by one person with a dodgy connection, but the shit always happens before you can take action... I dont think the server was at fault here, as soon as certain people disconnected it went back to normal again.
Quote from B11TME :Great race all....Lots of connection problems and game crashes made this a very interesting race indeed. First of all our driver started the race and in first lap he had no sound and could not get it working so he had to restart LFS and we he joined we were 3 laps down.

Actually I had to restart my whole PC. Well for the rest it was a clean race, had 2 strange spuns on the chicane at the exit of the oval section. There´s some very nasty curb (not the long things in the inside, I mean the normal curb) on it that 2 times threw my car around like a spinning wheel. Two blown tyre, on of them was very nasty as it happened right after start/finish straight and so I had to drive a whole lap on the rim, the other was pretty much at the end of the lap not far from pits. But race was nice, even though it was hard at the beginning with the knowledge that we were already several laps down.

P.S.
I have a problem with Teamspeak and LFS. Sometimes Teamspeak "mutes" the sound. To be exact it only mutes the sound on teamspeak itself and LFS. The rest is working. Does anyone else have similar problems?
Quote from LRB_Aly :P.S.
I have a problem with Teamspeak and LFS. Sometimes Teamspeak "mutes" the sound. To be exact it only mutes the sound on teamspeak itself and LFS. The rest is working. Does anyone else have similar problems?

I lost sound in LFS durcing the race once, but a shift+w brought it back
Quote from three_jump :I lost sound in LFS durcing the race once, but a shift+w brought it back

Yes well the problem that I have isn´t solved by using the shift+w combo. I´ve tried it. And it also only occurs when Teamspeak and LFS run at the same time.

@ Clownpaint. Yeah I also had one moment where sound was busy and frames dropped. But I was lucky that it just was for a 5-10 seconds.
Maybe you should try another driver version for your sound card. This helped somebody else with the same problem.
The problem is that I'm probably not gonna find newer drivers, as my sound card is pretty old (by today standarts). It's an Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum, i think I bought in the year 2000 or 2001. When i built up a new computer 2 years ago I've also took the soundcard from my old Computer.
Well, newer is not always better. Just try to find another version and try it. Maybe it helps.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG