The online racing simulator
#1 - Chaos
Finishing on the same place?
Please have a look at this replay from the Actual Linux Summer Cup and tell me how would you rank the 7th and 8th place? According to LFS Jarda(cz) was 7th, but if you look at the "finish photo" Loukota is 7th...

I say the positions are according to LFS wheter you like it or not...
LFS can't cope with a tied finished, can it? Not exactly something that's going to happen regularly but if the cars both move from before the line to after it in the same iteration of the physics, the only way to be sure is to have tie.

You could measure the distance of each car past the line and decide from there which one would have crossed the line first given an infinite physics frequency but that will always have (small) drawbacks.
#3 - steve
Have a look at this, I was cleary 2nd across the line, but LFS gave me the win and we have the same finishing time.. This was when S2 1st came out.

Its hard to say anything from that camera angle steve. But finishing is weir sometimes, and the finishing lines arent there where the line actually is.

hmm...we got flags next our names, I wonder if we get them to the Game, very cool
I think for a league you have to go by whatever LFS determines is the finishing order unless it's blatantly obvious it has gotten it very wrong. Sorry don't have the time to look at the replay but an mpr can't always be trusted, it's quite possible some lag could make one car appear to be just ahead of another when it isn't.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG