The online racing simulator
SRT-4 In-car Racing footage
(17 posts, started )
nice, but why not post this stuff in the videos thread?
Because the video's section is for LFS video's
Quote from Viper93 :Because the video's section is for LFS video's

yeah i meant the racing videos thread that deggis posted a link to

is it because you are a huge srt fan and feel it deserves its own thread?
Im not the fan of srt 4 becouse first of all i dont like its front lights and overall design and i dont like FWD. But i dont say that no one cant like them
from what i've heard, the srt actually corners very well and has a good engine.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Thats what people mistake it as. The only thing thats neon in this car is the unibody. Engine, driveline, suspension, tires, seats, steering... I could keep going on are different. Seats are from the viper, just covered in cloth instead of leather to cut costs. New these things run right about $21000 USD

Skidpad for the stock SRT-4 is .9... the ACR(only 1174 made, 422 of which were black which is what I have) is mid.9's slalom is over 70MPH, 60-0MPH in 110feet. It handles very well. There are some issues like rear wheel hop under heavy braking due to the brakes mashing the rubber bushings causing the aligments to shift. It comes stock with an LSD making it very driveable, even in snow if you put your head on strait and not use more than 1/2 throttle. MT has them doing 13.8 in the 1/4. Making this car the fastest FWD on the market.

The ACR comes with 225 45R16's with tokico adjustable struts and stiffer sway bars where the stock SRT came with 205 50R17's

The big things that sold me on it is that 5 people can actually sit in the car, like a normal every day car and go for long drives with it and not have people cramped. You get 30MPG cruising. And the insurance is very low. I am under 25 and married, my insurance in the states is $65 a month for full coverage. In the UK Direct Line quoted my at 350 pounds a year. I asked about the chevy camaro or porshe 911 and they wanted 2000 pounds a year! Yes I talk alot about this car, but thats because I love this car, yes it's FWD yes I would like to have RWD, but for what it cost, and what I want it for it's perfect. It's a family car that will kick your Porshe's butt! Not to mention if you go with the stage kits for an extra $4500 you can get this car as fast as a Viper.

I should have looked on the second page for the video thread, I missed it, sorry.
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't like the Viper either, but only because it's called "Viper".

I dislike it for the same reason I dislike the way american defense contractors apparently employ hundreds of contrived acronym writers to ensure their products are named stuff like "MUTILATE" (Main Universal Tactical Intervention L... Loud Armoured Transport Entity) or "HARM" (Heavily Armoured Robotic Mangler) or "DIEFOREIGNSCUM" (Death Inducing Evil ****ing Oppressive Republican Eejits Investing Gajillions Nay Squajillions Carving Up Muslims).

LOL
-
Someone's got a serious bug up their ass...

So it's not right to name vehicles after predatory animals? Like Jaguar? Or even "mean" sounding names? Like Spitfire?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Whoops! I forgot I was talking to someone named "Viper"! It's the idea of naming a car "Viper" that I don't like - you're welcome to any nickname you care to use.

Hehe your entitled to your opinion. I personally like the name Viper, hmm who would have thought =P
-
I thought they called it Viper because it was like the "new" american 2 seater-very-powerful-with-a-lot-of-torque car. Like a new Cobra...and since the Cobra wasn't a Dodge, they needed to find another snake to call it like.
I was under the impression they had called it Viper for that reason.
Back when the car came out in 91 it was the fastest car you could buy in the states and everything that was put against it was hit like a Viper snake would hit it's prey =P

Actually I think NickII is probably more correct
Ah yes, that reminds be, it was also the Brits at AC that came up with the name Cobra in the first place. The Viper just happens to have a somewhat similar profile (or at least the old Viper did).
Yeah the Viper was partally based off the Cobra when they designed it back in 91. Now it's different, I don't know if I like the new style. I like the 96GTS the best.

(I forgot about that bit too )
Quote from thisnameistaken :Whereas "Viper"... for me it conjures images of unbearable guidos with gold chains.

A bit like the Maibatsu Thunder: "after you've been struck by lightning... there's the thunder!".
Both the Cobra's and the Viper's design were overseen by the same guy, Carroll Shelby (at least the AC/motor combo that made it the Cobra). That is why the Viper got the name it has. Back in it's first years, it was a badass car. Now, it just looks like a Chrysler coupe, the same way all the nasty original American musclecars end up. Boring. It was exciting back then in the early 90's. GM did the same thing with the GTO. The ultimate musclecar in the late 60's/early 70's and they reintroduced it recently in practically a freakin Monte Carlo coupe body illepall .

Ford is doing it right, redesigning the Mustang to give it a retro early musclecar meanness to it. Not that I particularly like any American designed car. The Mustang is really the only one I care for. Give me a Japanese or German designed car any day. Can't beat a Toyota or a Volkswagon, especially from the mid 80's through mid 90's when they were practically bulletproof. Not these 100,000 mile disposable stuff that Ford, GM, and Dodge put out.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG