The online racing simulator
MRT5 Reverse?
(54 posts, started )
According to this post: Linky
The Engine is a Yamaha YZF600.

Who do I believe!

And will S3 have the MRT8? :P
That's it - YZF!!! Damn my memory

I doubt S3 will have the 8, but you never know. Perhaps email McGill and ask them
Theres nothing like parking the MRT5 up against the wall only to find resetting just puts you in the same place
Quote from tristancliffe :That's it - YZF!!! Damn my memory

I doubt S3 will have the 8, but you never know. Perhaps email McGill and ask them

Now I gotta change the honda logo
Attached images
Image1.gif
When will we get the MRT12 Twin Turbo?
Quote from wheel4hummer :When will we get the MRT12 Twin Turbo?

lol..you'd triple the weight of the vehicle just by putting that motor in...but it would still be cool/deadly/psychotic to have like a 1200 pound car that only like 4 feet long with around 800hp
Quote from herki :bah! there isn't such a post

much to complicated, just take the engine, turn it around by 180° (z-axis, everything else isn't very useful ) and reconnect the driveshafts. Now you have 6 reverse gears

So what's the problem? Maybach Olvar gearbox in the Tiger I tank had 8 forward and 4 reverse gears
it's a car, not a I have no idea tonne tank
Quote from Aquilifer :So what's the problem? Maybach Olvar gearbox in the Tiger I tank had 8 forward and 4 reverse gears

and it had less topspeed than the mrt
Quote from herki :and it had less topspeed than the mrt

Good point. I only now started to think where the heck they needed all the gears.

Anyway same principle... engine and four whe... erm...hmmmm... 20 wheels and tracks
new tanks can do 60mph
Quote from tristancliffe :We're talking bike engines, and usually they are a single entity (sharing the crankcase, and often the oil supply).

There are a large number of club racing cars running bike engines with bike boxes (not proper sequential racing boxes) with reverse, how they are modified to do this I'm not sure.
Quote from ajp71 :There are a large number of club racing cars running bike engines with bike boxes (not proper sequential racing boxes) with reverse, how they are modified to do this I'm not sure.

AFAIK they use an extra set of chain and sprocket with a second lever to connect.. this is what I saw once at a kitcar with a bike-engine
Yeah, Quaife (amonst others) will sell a 'reverse gearbox' that slots into the drivetrain and gives you theoretically 6 reverse gears (i.e. all the forward ones backwards, albeit at a reduced ratio).
Quote from Aquilifer :Good point. I only now started to think where the heck they needed all the gears.

So it can be a climber. If you've ever been in a tank or APC going up a steep slope you'd realize why, even more so if you'd drive one up a steep slope.
It takes all the "low" gears you can get to get tens of tonnes of steel up there to "take that hill"...

For a similar reason alot of trucks, especially heavy haulers, have multiple reverse gears or multiple "low" gears.
Quote from xaotik :So it can be a climber. If you've ever been in a tank or APC going up a steep slope you'd realize why, even more so if you'd drive one up a steep slope.
It takes all the "low" gears you can get to get tens of tonnes of steel up there to "take that hill"...

For a similar reason alot of trucks, especially heavy haulers, have multiple reverse gears or multiple "low" gears.

Yes. I've been in an APC (it was Finnish armoured 'Pasi' or one of the BTRs). But I didn't know about multiple reverse gears.

Actually I was thinking more the reverse gears. On good road you get 38km/h top speed (forward) and maybe only 20km/h off-road. In reverse much less so 4 gears sounds quite a lot, even if some of them are for pulling or climbing. Dunno.. not an expert

The lowest (1st) forward gear had ratio 15.4, so with 700bhp you can do some pulling (even if the tank weights 56 tons). The reverse gears used the first four forward gears with even lowered ratios (if I understood it correctly). I found one good page for Tiger transmission and steering...
http://www.alanhamby.com/transmission.html
So.. will S3 have tanks in it?
Lol. I doubt it
Imagine all the wreckers... they don't crash you, they squash you
In the developer interview they said the goal is that LFS is able to simulate "anything on wheels". So this counts tanks too, doesnt' it?
Well, I don't think they meant wheels with chains around
Otherwise... hmm.. online excavator simulator
JCB racing
bycicles? Golfcarts? quads? trikes? go-carts? furniture with wheels?
Quote from sgt.flippy :bycicles? Golfcarts? quads? trikes? go-carts? furniture with wheels?

you forgot LawnMowers

MRT5 Reverse?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG