The online racing simulator
MRT5 Reverse?
(54 posts, started )
MRT5 Reverse?
Bit of a newb question but:
Why doesn't the MRT5 have a reverse gear?
It has a motorbike engine.
Press space
Hurrah
What a brilliant idea, no reverse, but reverse gear make the driver jump out and push it! love it!
#8 - herki
Usually the gearbox and engine are one part, so you can look at it either way...
And not all motorbikes are without a reverse. I'm not sure, but I think Honda Goldwings have some sort of reverse current going to the starter to back them up.
#11 - Jakg
Goldwings have some kind of reverse for sure (my dad used to have one)

Although isnt one of the definitions of a motorbike the lack of reverse gear?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Frankmd :Usually the gearbox and engine are one part, so you can look at it either way...

Uhm, no... it's completely the opposite: usually the engine and the gearbox are completely different parts. Take one series of road car (e.g. my trusty '92 Polo): You can have different engines for one gearbox (e.g. the same 5-speed gearbox for the 55hp, 75hp and maybe the 130hp one) or different gearboxes for the same engine (e.g. the 55hp engine can have a 4-speed or 5-speed gearbox)
We're talking bike engines, and usually they are a single entity (sharing the crankcase, and often the oil supply).
How am I supposed to know you're talking about bike engines ?

Anyway, didn't think that far ahead... but you can still exchange single parts of the engine and the gearbox, so they aren't completely one part
Not one part (they each contain lots), but one entity. i.e. pick up the 'engine' and you pick up the 'gearbox' too
Now you picked it up, how long can you hold it?
You don't have to get out and move the MRT to back it up, you could just reach forward and move the front wheel to get the car moving backwards.
Quote from Tweaker :You don't have to get out and move the MRT to back it up, you could just reach forward and move the front wheel to get the car moving backwards.

That sounds like hard work O_O
iirc it's a Honda CBR600 engine in the MRT5, although the later cars might change engines to take advantage of equivalency standards as they arise, with a teeny little turbo and a 20mm restrictor after the throttle (but before the turbo).
Quote from herki :bah! there isn't such a post

much to complicated, just take the engine, turn it around by 180° (z-axis, everything else isn't very useful ) and reconnect the driveshafts. Now you have 6 reverse gears

you would have to turn the seat and pedals around too XD

MRT5 Reverse?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG