The online racing simulator
Is it bad to [unplug wheel]....
(10 posts, started )
i usually play LFS everyday with my momo wheel. is it bad to unplug the wheel when i go to sleep?(from power, not from the computer. i just cut the power each night. im probally being stupid, i just dont want to brake it....thanks
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I always pull the plug out at the back of my MOMO once im finished.

Why didn't they put an ON/OFF switch on it! My old wheel had one.
Mine usually stays plugged in at all times. If I am doing anything else on the PC for an extended period of time, I unplug from the back of the wheel and put the wheel on the floor still usually plugged into the USB. If I am going flying or messing with the RC flight sim, then I unplug everything to plug in another controller. I've had mine for 2 years.

If you forget to plug it back in before starting LFS, just plug it in and hit shift-c on the keyboard to reinitialize the wheel in LFS.
I always unplug the power, to relieve some stress from the PSU. It always stays plugged in on USB, though.
#6 - Mauni
I always unplug MOMO Racing. Otherwise I couldn't move it aside from desk. Has been working like that for three years. And I can't think why unplugging would be harmful for wheel. Oh wait! Now I remembered that my first MOMO Racing went dead after unplugging it for the first time But I think there was something badly wrong in the wheel from the very beginning.
USB cable is plugged until I restart Windows. Then I've to unplug + plug it or else wheel goes very very fast from to side to side when I press gas pedal
i never unplug anything.. laptop + desktop (2 monitors) running 24/7
(i do unplug the laptop from the adapter to uncharge/recharge the batteries though)
something like 10 years now? no issues yet
I remember my Act-Labs Force RS would be fine with me unplugging it, but when plugging it back in, it would spark a little bit. I've since stopped doing that and make sure the power's off before plugging it back in.
My DFP psu has been plugged in for 18 months. I got tired of unplugging it (cos at heart I'm a worrier) and decided to think wtf, and see what would happen if it was just left pulling power for months / years on end.

Nothing has happened.

My guess is they're more likely to fail, cause damage etc if they are constantly being plugged in / out. I imagine they are designed to provide power continuously for very long periods of time.
I'm not entirely sure but I think my DFP went wonky when I started to unplug the power cord*. Or I might remember it wrong, and it already was wonky before I started doing that, or it was just a coincidence

*Got fed up with the self calibration, besides if it's on edge of a shelf the damn thing could fall because it moves abit during the calibration. It already has happened couple times

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG