The online racing simulator
Gtr2
(3 posts, started )
Gtr2
Sorry if I missed a thread on this elsewhere, but I was wondering who'd tried GTR2, and what you think ?

I d/l'd the demo last night. After messing with turning off the various 'helps' and getting the controls correct, I thought it felt pretty good, actually.

The weather effects were pretty good, although I haven't yet driven where the track is drying out over time ( as it's said to do). Driving in early morning, with the sun suddenly blinding you as you crest a hill is cool.

I know it's not LFS, and it's not my intent to compare it.

I just thought it was more drivable than most of the other non-lfs sims I've tried. The AI seemed ok too, although it's hard to judge with so little time spent on the game. The night driving wasn't as spooky as other games, but it wasn't a total resource hog, either.

What do you think ?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I haven't played full version but the biggest question probably is that are the tyre/grip physics same as in the demo. According to this they are, only one value has been changed:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showpo ... =3193896&postcount=54

I think I'll skip it and wait for RACE (that SimBin's WTCC game, it's still ISI engine but developed by SimBin's current dev team - GTL/GTR2 was made by Blimey Games which was a contractor for SimBin).

Gtr2
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG