The online racing simulator
League Wishlist
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Vain
League Wishlist
Hello.

With this I open a thread for all league-ideas that people have floating around. I'm notoriously short on time at the moment and have no possibility to host a league. Thus I want to write down my idea so someone else can pick it up.
The format I had in mind is best described as "2 x 20":
Instead of running one long race this is a ripoff of the WTCC-format.
Each event is designed to be around 1 hour long. Format as following:
1. A 15 minutes free-for-all qualification. No points are awarded for best times. After this 5 minutes pause.
2. Then a 20 minutes race. Grid order is determined by quali-results. Normal points are for grabs. 5 minutes break.
3. At last a second 20 minutes race. Grid order is the result from the first race, but reversed top 8. Again the same points are awarded as in the first round.

The awarded points are linear. The first recieves 20 points, the second 19, the third 18, and so on.

Why I like this format:
1. Every race I did up to now was always already decided after 20 minutes. After that time no fights happen anymore unless there are driver-swaps. The only thing that happens is that everyone hotlaps on his own and once in a while someone crashes and looses some places. This format however resets the racing-action in the middle. The reversed order ensures the field doesn't stretch too fast.
2. The awarded championship points are all very close together. So even if you win a lot of races your score won't be very far away from other drivers. You need to be a constant top-runner to gain a point-distance to the others. So in most cases there would be close fights in the championship until the end of the season.
3. All races are about equal in time lenght, regardless of the track. Thus this league can also do Fe Black and other very long tracks without a problem. The racing will still be very close, just less repetitive.

The car classes would be one of those:
XR GT Turbo versus RB4
FZ 50 versus Raceabout
UF GTR versus XF GTR
XR GTR versus FXO GTR
Though I would prefer the XRR versus FXR version.

Ideas, improvements, willing admins? Be sure to post your own league-idea.

Vain
I have a good idea, I tried to get this in to operation but no-one was interested.

It's a team vs team idea, which could be like a knockout tournament or maybe a round robin competition.

One make FXR series, each team has 3 drivers and 2 teams in each race. Shorter tracks such as FE1, AS Cadet, the oval and stuff like that.

5 minutes of qualifying for race 1 which scores no points whatsoever.

Each meeting would have four quarters, which would be about 10 minutes long. The top 4 drivers get points 4-3-2-1, with a bonus point for fastest lap.

The team which wins the most points goes through to the next round.
Vain:
The UFR Miglia Cup was almost exactly like what you mentioned, only difference was in the awarded points and that the first 5 was reversed.
It was in fact a great league and I heard that the organising team (Team Diabolique) is considering organising another league around October or November. I don't know how they plan to do it concerning cars/tracks/lenght but I think you should look out for their announcement
liked Vain's ideia.
my choice for the car's would be the XR GT x RB4 and XRR x FXR.
Nice ideas, but why only top 8 reversed? why not half entire grid?
CoRe Racing did the two-race format with race 2 being a top-8 reverse order. The thinking was that the fastest guys normally gravitate to the front in races of length, barring accidents. If you invert more of the field, then you get people that may not be as fast (and as stable) running in the front, potentially causing accidents that normally wouldn't happen up front. I know what you are saying: "That just caters to the fast guys and doesn't give anyone else a chance." Well, everyone has an equal chance when you qualify. Getting start near the front is your reward.

This format can work very well, assuming you are organized, and everyone cooperates.
Yeah, it's just you got 2 people battling on track, 1 driver finishes 9th and starts race 2 in 9th, the other driver finishes 0.01 seconds in front of him, and starts race 2 on pole!

I know it's too avoid unnecesary accident, but surely if this the case, the drivers within 107% of the leaders fastest lap (Or finish time) should be reversed, so as to not exclude unfortuneate incidents such as the one above

You could have 2 fast drivers, in which case first 8 is dangerous, or you might have 20 fast drivers (Unlikely I know).......
demo drift league on bl rev or great autocross layout
You'd certainly have plenty of use for the latter

XRG or STD (<-- really need to change that abbreviation, lol) cup with plenty of short tracks like Aston Cadet, Club, Fern Bay (not Black), and South City tracks.
Cup with XRR and FXR.
Superpole Q - 1 hour races - no short tracks and no oval.

...and a rally cup with the GTI.
#11 - Jakg

League Wishlist
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG