The online racing simulator
North City
(30 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
North City
Just a "suggestion" :P. I would like to see a new city track. Not a new variation of South City cause i know most turns.. Just a new city environment either on the coast (Surfers Paridise AUS, Long Beach USA etc) or a more deeper deeper city (Monaco). Would be good seeing how oval racers want more ovals, we already got alot of tracks and im a city lover and i want more citys :P..

take care
I'd like to see a more modern-ish road course. Something along the lines of Toronto, or Three Rivers (Trois Rivieres? My French is more than a little rusty...) Something with concrete walls and large run-off lanes.

Not to say that Soutch City isn't great; it's a lot of fun, I just want more :P hehe
+1
A new city environment would be cool
But north city! The devs would have to get a train to Leeds to take the photos for the textures, and they may never return ...

i'd give this a +1, but there's a few more urgent pressing tracks to be done first.
#5 - aoun
Quote from Becky Rose :But north city! The devs would have to get a train to Leeds to take the photos for the textures, and they may never return ...

i'd give this a +1, but there's a few more urgent pressing tracks to be done first.

id have to agree becky
nice ideas, what about this kind of Area?

http://home.comcast.net/~sticky66/thornton.html

Its a Nascar 2003 Track and the Area is a real 1 i think, based in the US and it contains a nice little Village, some Forrest and alot of Highway. The Track is about 12 miles long and brings alot of fun.

@ aoun: +1
#7 - Woz
Quote from Becky Rose :But north city! The devs would have to get a train to Leeds to take the photos for the textures, and they may never return ...

Yep a far far more urgent track is one on the lines of Bathurst

I say on the lines to save licence issues
I would prefer one on lines of nordschleife, however each new track will have a +1 from me
Bathurst style track (keep touring car, touge, and PS-GT players happy)

2 More ovals (a 4 corner indy and a narrow one)

half a dozen fantasy tracks introducing many new short and rallyX combo's

Le Mans style track (give endurance racers a tickle, and partially occupy those 'long track' monkeys)

rally stages, with either procedural rally stage creator or rally stage autox type editor.

open city config for CnR players

THEN the green hell, but only because we'll have lots of decent tracks by then
-1, I'd never use it. I don't want to go up North in real life, so I don't want to go up North in a game

Just kidding, more tracks (provided they are up to the usual standard) = more fun.
A North City would be fun.
[...]

So true

EDIT: I wouldn't mind a track based on a city up here. Do you need to get a license to put public roads in a game? If not then we could have a track built in Leeds or maybe Manchester (the temporary A1GP track?)
+1 any new trck will make me happy, especially if i'm good at it.
kinde town course like Flatout? with tarmac and sand and different configs?
hm wasnt there something, veeeery long ago?
miami vice?
You mean the docks?
Quote from 510N3D :nice ideas, what about this kind of Area?

http://home.comcast.net/~sticky66/thornton.html

You'd have to add some more corners to a least some layouts of that track to make it any good in LFS, we don't have any cars (except BF1) that are fast enough seeing as there are huge straights on that track where the Nascars get up to vmax (about 243 mph).
I want something like one of the US street circuits, lots of 90 degree corners and long straights, set in Detroit or somewhere near there, with a few ice racing configs. Maybe with an attatching oval, there are permenant circuit/street hybrids but I haven't seen an oval/street hybrid
#20 - Jakg
nice! thats two bad looking tracks i want in S3!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#21 - aoun
I want a duck..

mostly coastal would be good.. we already got a pretty deep city..

what is wrong with the north? and anyway id say newcastle is more northern.

EDIT: on topic, what about a track that runs through a city and into countryside?
#23 - aoun
Guys, north isnt meaning anything.. just a name.. have North City, East City, Coastal City, West City, Central City.. doesnt make a difference.. well coastal and central does..
Quote from ajp71 :You'd have to add some more corners to a least some layouts of that track to make it any good in LFS, we don't have any cars (except BF1) that are fast enough seeing as there are huge straights on that track where the Nascars get up to vmax (about 243 mph).

Nope i would like to have it just like its allready there but that will never happen anyway. I really enjoyed the long no-corner areas and its perfect for drafting.

it just remembers me at this posting:

Quote from ajp : In that sense you could have a 500 mile race down a wide straight road, it would get tedious very quickly, so add an unchallenging pair of flat out left handers

Hmm...something simular but not that extreme straights and more challenging corners (12 miles "only")
A rally stage makes me happy

North City
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG