The online racing simulator
Continue vote ban after player leaves server
Today i voted to ban player, the player left and the vote was canceled, the player after less then a minute returned to the server and i voted to ban him again and the same thing as before happened.

I think it would be a good to be able to continue a ban vote even after the player leaves the server, and if the vote is completed the player is banned as normal.
#2 - Sage
Agreed, it would not only cause less tempers to flair (tired of the person), but less of this:

***** voted to ban **** [1/7] Press 1

To appear all across the screen.
Simply, votes should not be cancelled when people join and leave I think. I guess it is because it messes upt he total count of votes... like [1/7] for example.

Restart votes, qualification votes, kicks, bans, etc... they all are affected by players leaving and joining. Really annoying.

So I think votes should "hold" and last longer. Especially restart ones... Restart votes should never expire as long as someone keeps the vote going.
+1 for vote-banning in absentia :up: I've seen many well-earned potential bans dodged by a quick disconnect.

If they're going to bail before the vote ends only to re-join and resume pissing people off, it just shows that they're a perfect candidate for banning...
I don't remember ever witnessing something like this taking place, but I can imagine it being super annoying.

+1
It is, becaues a person being banned can just leave and come back immediately and be a non-stop annoyance.

Even if they don't rejoin, someone that still deserves a vote-ban WONT be banned because they have control over not being banned??? That is ridiculous. A possible user which should be banned shouldn't have the ability to cancel their own ban!!!
Hell yes. You shouldn't be able to cancel a vote against you just by running away. Sort of makes vote banning redundant if the subject can just leave and come back again
I know, it's not even a ban or kick at all if someone the person can stop it. People exploit it more and more now as I see it, and it gets annoying someone would leave to save theirself from what is usually a proven ban.
Quote from Sage :Agreed, it would not only cause less tempers to flair (tired of the person), but less of this:

***** voted to ban **** [1/7] Press 1

To appear all across the screen.

YES, this is a good one
#10 - aoun
***** vote to ban Tweaker **** [1/7] Press 1

Cmon Guys do it before he disconnects lol!!

Nah good suggestion +2! :P
Very good suggestion

Never mind that across screen stuff. I'm tired of LFSLapper already.
#12 - joen
+10

I remember a race where just about everybody was fed up with this guy parking on the track among other things. Every time he disconnected just before the vote was completed. This lasted at least 15 minutes untill people got tired of it and just let him continue.
Yeah, we need a more intelligent system for restarts, kicking, banning, etc.
Guys read what sage is saying properly, he's not saying it should appear across the screen, he's saying that if bans were not cancelled then the message would be appearing less, as the vote would only need to be carried out once.

Anyway i agree 100%, vote system is frustrating in general atm.
+1 from me. Excellent idea.
I think that leaving during a vote ban against you should autoban - it's a plea of guilty.
+1 Also the other annoying thing is not being able to join a race or pit when someone is joining. Countless times i have seen pile ups caused by someone failing to connect to the server, during which time half a lap can be completed in which nobody can shift+s.
Why can't we pit while someone is joining? I have never understood why.
#19 - Sage
Quote from wheel4hummer :Why can't we pit while someone is joining? I have never understood why.

I don't know for sure, but it may mess up the connection with you, and the person joining. I really don't know
+1 great idea
Quote from Sage :I don't know for sure, but it may mess up the connection with you, and the person joining. I really don't know

The guest joining will get player information and if it changes something may mess up. I guess it's not impossible to change it.
Quote from duke_toaster :I think that leaving during a vote ban against you should autoban - it's a plea of guilty.

No. There are legitimate reasons for leaving during a voteban. Such as a connection/power failure or, even, just a simple RL need to leave.
listen to james. he knows more about banning than 20 rsc mods blended together.
The chances of them being those reasons versus skiving off is probably 1:100, but I do realise that someone wrongly about to get banned may do that also. I'd like to see the voting resume after the disconnection. +1
Like going to pits, spectating or joining to the game. Nothing of these can't be done, if there are people joining/leaving. I'm 100% sure that Scawen knows this and this has already been suggested a long time ago.

+1 still, hope it gets fixed.

"Can't change gear - player connecting"
"Vote canlcelled - Player S scratched his arse"
etc...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG