The online racing simulator
Minor Prob wich i can get around, but just to point out...
Ok so i upgraded my pc, New Mother Board, 64bit Amd, Flat LCD screen 19" and most importantly to mention here new HDD 80Gb

So heres my problem i install everything back on my new HDD everything is flawless, games / apps / progs/ everything is working fine, i go to download LFS, and i see new S2u version or patch is out i need full install but only available downloads in the download section are
=======================================================
Please select the download you require :

FULL VERSION : Install version U from scratch (138 Mb)

PATCH P TO U : Upgrade from P or Q to LFS version U (20 Mb)

PATCH S TO U : Upgrade from S or T to LFS version U (1.5 Mb)"
=======================================================
ok so i cant use none of the upgrades cause oviously i dont have the client anymore, so i get the "Full Version" so here's what i noticed after installing theres no unlock LFS button anymore and says Demo player so im buggin out thinking i downloaded something wrong or something wrong with the game menu lol, but then i noticed its just a demo version, so the answer to my prob was to go get the Client from like Fileplanet.com or Filefront.com and then patch it wich is what im doing at the moment, so im just trying to point this out to the Person who sets up the Web page for LFS, cause im a "payed in full Customer here!!!!" lol and felt like i got riped off lol

Other than this missing Full Client link, or maybe not missing my dumb self couldn't find it i guess, The game works superbly on my newly upgraded speed and Screen!

to end this long message wich probably wasnt a big deal most will probably flame on me for typing up a big nothing but hey maybe im right maybe not and maybe someone els went thru the same, in all hope this helps, and TY LFS for such a Great game Been faithfull with LFS since S1 Demo's and bought S2 license before it came out!! Keep up the good work im outa here.

P.S. had like 90+ Frames PerSecond with a Geforce 6600 256mb video card there was like 4 or 5 cars in view usualy that makes it drop FPS but those days are over!!!
and last but not least, my plan worked problem solved got the S2Q version and unlocked it with name and pass now for the patching <--- 2 thumbs way up
P.S.S Please point out the Full Client for dumb people like meh or atleast for those who log in with S2 lisence!! ty buh bye
Thanks for the report. In fact that was not a demo version - or shouldn't be anyway... you did the right thing by clicking on "Full version" and it should have worked (but didn't, as you say). There is no demo version of LFS S2 - the only version is the full version.

But of course I believe what you say - we have heard of that bug before (the missing unlock button) but could not reproduce it. Do you know which link you originally used to get the version which didn't work properly? I'd like to try it and see if the same thing happens to me.
You should try a different mirror.
Agreed, but we need to know the mirror with the incorrect download (if that's what it is) so we can delete it.
caco83 can u screenshot how it looks with the missing unlock button?
Quote from KiDCoDEa :caco83 can u screenshot how it looks with the missing unlock button?

I've seen it before, it's literally the same as normal but without that button.

In the program, the only reason I can see for it to be like that is when all the track .lok files are missing, then LFS concludes that S1 and S2 are not available, so it does not show that button. It's left over code from the old days when we had special demo versions, it used to show an "info" button but now that does not exist, it does not show any button.

So it could be explained by a so called S2 download with one or more tracks missing. Or... some unexplained bug.
Why don't you just remove that obsolete code from the old days?
Well, I suppose I left it there to avoid crashing. If the S2 and S1 content isn't there, what's the point of unlocking?

The extra code is just an "if" statement, something like this :

if (unlockable content is available)
{
show the unlock button
}

It's harmless and reasonable code. The bug here appears to be that the extracted version is missing some content. Maybe it's an S1 track that was corrupted in the zip so it didn't extract. If there is missing S1 content then LFS assumes there is nothing to unlock at all. It's not designed to run with missing content.
How about an error message instead of just no unlock button with no explanation?
Quote from Leifde :How about an error message instead of just no unlock button with no explanation?

It would be just easier (imho) to fix the "missing button"-bug. And if it caused by bad download, there is nothing to fix
Quote from Leifde :How about an error message instead of just no unlock button with no explanation?

Because LFS isn't designed to run with missing content. We don't supply versions with missing content, and therefore we don't need to put error messages to report any possible missing files.

The problem here is allegedly a bad zip file on a server, or one that got corrupted during the download.
Heh, I kinda forgot this was only a problem with an incomplete download from one mirror and getting rid of the mirror is a fix
When I installed LFS recently on my new computer I was missing the unlock button too. So I did a couple laps (to see the nice improvement in FPS), restarted my computer, there it was. I know it doesn't help, but for me at least it fixed itself.
Well that is very strange.

I think that might be the thing about this bug - not a corrupted download at all...

I do remember it being strange the last time we heard about this bug, and nothing to do with missing files. It's strangely impossible to explain this by looking at the code. I seem to remember someone who tried several times and one one of his computers, it was always fine, but on his other computer, the unlock button was never shown.

So... it's a mystery
Wow
I never thought this was an actual problem but hey sorry for the long Vacation there lol life can be a handfull at times but back to this missing button prob i had before...

ok since it seems someone or my cuz / sister accidentaly deleted the LFS folder where all the LFS obviously would be located, i think she had put some pics on my desktop and highlighted all the pics and poof lol my LFS folder went along for the ride this is gonna be my 3rd if not 4th time im gonna install this game cause i love it so much and when i have like 20mins left before work, its the fastest loading and no hassel game to play for a short period is LFS!! lol so its my gaming snack if u may lol all other games i have like BF2 loads a lot so my play time gets cut in half.

ok so this time ima go to www.liveforspeed.com and then go to the download section then click on the fullversion link then pick the very top or first link to choose from Example "server 1" bla bla u know i will take a pic of my mouse on it, then if and when i get the game running and no button is there for unlock i will take a pic of that aswell, i guess only other thing to do after trying the first server is downloading it all over from the other servers till i see the button!; so my next post will be the pics of the misteriously missing button lol

Since everyone was speaking on the same topic and a few of you had same problem, or similar problems. I read someone say that the button appeard after restarting the comp, for me it never showed up only gave me s1 / s2 / demo options when i click online and main menue never had the button for unlock, so my Some what answer to this prob is that what ever code is in the game plays a different role on different Computers since we all dont have the same parts or specs / speed / memory i guess the diversity of the computers does play a role even tho we all run Windows lol.

Finaly i did fix that problem by finding a older version i think it was S or T to fully install then add the U patch wich eventualy gave me the U version of the game and the button was there before and after the update, or before and after the patch

Brb with the pics!! lol thanks for the feed back even tho i wasnt involved 99% of the time shame on me!! lol you guys can leave Tred marks on meh if u wanna
update
wile my download is underway im noticing that it says demo version of s1 / s2 ima just post the pics so u can see its self explanitory

ok i took a look at the first pic where i said i was gonna place the mouse and for some reason taking a screeny eliminates the pointer o well atleast the link is highlighted will keep updating as i go.

Second pic is after clicking on the largest file they have at Gamershell.com cause the other links are for patches.
Attached images
LFS2download.JPG
LFS2downloading.JPG
Ok i guess the problem was a link, cause the button showed up, only problem now is wich link?, maybe the one Leifde pointed out who knows i guess a test of all the links has to be done to pin point it

Sorry for all the run around but i guess we found a solution to the problem before i even got back to you guys with the rest of the info and pics lol theres a bright side to it two thumbs up for all who helped and gave tips / info
Attached images
problemsolved.JPG

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG