The online racing simulator
"Radio"
(113 posts, started )
"Radio"
I dont know if there is this somewhere already, coudn't find anything with the search.

I would love to have a radio, so that all drivers can chat during the race together. This would be a great thing. Maybe right over Skype, or what ever.....

tomylee
Not implemented in the game but there are 3rd-party ones such as Teamspeak and Ventrillo, do a search on google for them. The only problem with these is you have to have a seperate server for them
Hmm, the idea sounds nice. I know there are servers out there now that have a TeamSpeak server that goes with the Racing server. I think this would be your best bet instead of having TS directly inside the game.
One of the things I really like about Counter-Strike is that it has voice comms built into the game. It means no fiddling with an extra program in the background or having to join a different voice server every time you switch games. I fully support the idea of built in voice comms in LFS!

+100
yes would be really nice
+1
No, thx, I already find Teamspeak very distracting.

Dont want to hear other people scream while driving.
well "normal" ppl shouldn't scream while drivingillepall
I have already seen some people, that are not that "normal", in LFS.
Voive intercoms are a brilliant idea. Just imagine the tactical possibilities of intra team intercoms allowing team members to coordinate their tactics and strategies in REAL TIME. Genius.
So long as it can be turned off...
No, TS uses more memory AND is slower than Ventrilo... It isn't better in any way...
Quote from duke_toaster :Bah, TS is way better.

If you think a clock radio speaker sounds better as a High-End Soundsystem... yes.
#16 - Gunn
I can see where this might be handy to talk with a team mate during a race, but otherwise I don't see the point. Voice comms have ruined more than one online gaming experience due to immature noise-spammers, so an option to mute a particular player would be required. However the last thing I want to be doing while battling for position is trying to mute some fool who is failing in his goal to reach puberty and taking it out on world of online gaming.
Maybe not voice chat as such but what about pre-recorded ones? Like how CSS and BF2 have. "Enemy Spotted" "Requesting UAV" etc etc. Maybe have some racing ones (i dno what tho) and they could be programmed to use the number pad so the F keys arent being interfered with?

But as for built in servers for voice like TS and vent, no thanks. Theirs enough lag in some servers while racing a full grid, let alone everyone talking and potentialy lagging it out further.
Quote from duke_toaster :Bah, TS is way better,

Quote from Crazy Harry :
If you think a clock radio speaker sounds better as a High-End Soundsystem... yes.

lmao, yea teamspeak does suck in comparision to Ventrillo. Teamspeak's voice quality is so bad it makes me laugh.

@duke_toaster-have you ever USED ventrillo????????????
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Of course there should be the option to turn it off or just to turn off some racers, this would be need. Maybe an option like max talk of 5sec. every min (just an exemple).
I dont like to make big conversation but sometimes during a race you have to say something important but to write it I would crash my car.
I do agree what the others said about an extra programm. It is just to complicated and than are several ones, so everybody would have to have the same and you would have to intall all of them. So that is crap. There got to be a standard which does takes the microphone intalled in win.
I dont know about Skypecast, if it runs over the host of the Skypecast or over a Skype server!?
Mayber that would be a nice think.
I often thought previously that voice chat in the game would be nice. But I was just thinking, the main reason to have voice chat would be to talk with teammates about strategy, etc. To have it in the game, everyone would be in the same chat, thus cancelling out the benefit of team voice chat. That is why you have Ventrillo and Teamspeak other than simple chatting with your buds.

About the TS versus Vent. I can't use either because I'm on dialup. I have attempted to use both. The difference is with Ventrilo, as soon as someone would talk, I would lag out and loose connection. In Teamspeak, I would only lag on the server, so I'd say that Ventrilo has the heavier bandwidth usage. Quality wise, I didn't notice a difference between either of them. I do use TS with my online flying when we do ATC sessions. But that is a completely different way the game to server connection is. I can download stuff, surf in a browser, us TS, and fly online at the same time with my dialup connection. I can only race with no other stuff running across the net connection with LFS or it's a server disconnect.
yea, i've always used TS for online flying/ATC with IVAO and with HoverControl but i use Ventrillo for LFS. When i switched to vent, i really was amazed by the sound quality. I believe that ventrillo does have a higher bandwidth use, though. Because i have cable and i still lag out from time to time depending on what i'm doing.
This would be a bad idea because the linguistic quality of online gamers, even in LFS, is very poor. I'm not talking about sound quality either.

Besides, there is nothing more distracting than trying to translate a central American accent into Suburban British, save maybe translating a German accent... .
Man be careful what ya saying
But you are right, there should be an option to ban all the british. Nobody can understand them and does like to here their accent

But anyway......it's not that everybody has to use it and there should be an option to switch persons off. And when somebody does speak not good english, I think this person will anyway not paticipate in the conversation
And why do we speak English at all? How about you English speaking people learn a second language :doh:
No ingame voicetalk
There are alot of people who trash talk allready using text only. This will be very anoying to LISTEN to when doing voicetalk.
It would be nice to have voicetalk though but would also be very anoying.
One way to prevent trash talk would be to have options to put people on ignore or turn voicetalk off.

Am up for the idea of voicetalk but as long as it's possible to do ignore/turn off, I think alot of people would feel the same....
I used to use Skype when I played LFS but LFS lags BIG time when this is being runned. I think it all depends on the inet connection but this also happend in Singleplayer session...

"Radio"
(113 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG