The online racing simulator
Event 7, Aston Grand Touring & BF1
Here we go...got three words for you all...Buckle Up , Drive.

Best of luck, we're coming up on the 7th race of the season (10 Events). Standings are tight...this is a Handful of a car...just control it and get into your groove...lets not have a lot of DNF's on lap 1. Take your time...with full fuel this car is gonna walk...like a drunken Sailor.

Lets all respect other drivers and get it done wit minimum mishaps.

See you out there.

Ant (OLFSL Staff)
Is there going to be a stream for this one? I really enjoyed watching it last time.
yup
I should imagine 2 or 3 pools will be streamed. We must sort out the audio only streams too sometime. Any news on the auditions Fireballs?
#4 - Cawwa
What happened with the hotlaps? Four replays uploaded yesterday/today. Unfortunatly it put [XFR]Xenoa in pool 2. O boy is he tired to be the first missing pool 1 ...
Buckle Up
As6
OLFSLtv Schedule for Round7

Pool 5 - 16:00GMT

Pool 1 - 17:30GMT

Pool 2 - 19:00GMT

Pool 3 - 20:30GMT

4 Live races tonight.
oh crap Im gona be in TV
Quote from f1r3b4ll :OLFSLtv Schedule for Round7

Pool 5 - 16:00GMT

Pool 1 - 17:30GMT

Pool 2 - 19:00GMT

Pool 3 - 20:30GMT

4 Live races tonight.

Will they be up for download afterwards?
Through the magic of the interwebs... yes they *should* be available for download after.. the problem is i dont have a clue how to do it :-) im just a broadcaster lol, i think if you google streamripper or that it should be able to do it :-)

Stream goes live in 5-10 minutes for warmup and free practice...
link?
Fun to watch and good commentary. It tends to go a little quiet sometimes though, would be nice to hear the quiet moments filled with stats about the drivers, like their previous olfsl wins, entries, plus from other leagues or even some of their LFSW stats mentioned.
Good work anyway, fireball. Keep it up.
Looking forward to Pool 1
pool 5
Good racing in pool 5 - apart from Solar at the start who span in front and messed me right up - then round the next corner he slowed again and I had to brake hard and someone hit me from behind spinning me round.

So started 4th, down to 14 or 15th and back up to fininish 5th, not too unpleased with that, although I was 3rd and span myself and got stuck in gravel.

Well done all pool 5ers, and thanks for great commentary from Fireballs!
Yeah was a good race. I knew staying trouble free would pay off so I let some people pass to avoid T1 wreckfest, which of course happened.

Then everyone was spinning in front or going wide, so I never needed to pass anyone on track. Apart from that the guy that was in 2nd was on a 2-stopper while I was in one, so that translated in a good gap

The biggest problem was that when I pitted in lap 15 my crew only changed front left and in lap 18 or so I made a stupid mistake and got like 20% of damage in left shocks. Car became really really delicate to drive after that, but gap was big enough to allow me to drive slower than usual, at the end 2nd was like 15 secs behind.

Good race!!
sorry about gaps in commentary, i feel really crap today so the spaces are me running to the loo

I will try to be a bit better for the next race
Good race for me also, I surely did not expect a podium finish prior to this race.

I started 5th, but it was a bit laggy for me, so the cars jumped a bit around me, but I kept my fingers crossed and stayed on the outside line in turn one.
I was lucky and came away unharmed in front of the main pack.

On the 2nd lap I found myself in 3rd place, but that did'nt last long, because I threw myself against the tirewall in turn 2.
The car took a bit of damage, but I tried to continue for a couple of laps, untill I finally gave in and vent too the pit.

After that I came out as 10th or 11th, but after that I did'nt have any more serious accidents, just a few neart spins and such.
This car is too much for me to handle
So I started moving up the ranks, but I was also helped by the bad luck of thoose in front of me.
Solar Hydro had problems with his controls, but easy racing with the brakes partly on.
Jonathan Russ parked the car in the sand.
And finally George Summer spun his car in front of me, letting me climb back up to 3rd. Where I remained until the finish line.

Last I would like to apologise to Rollo for bumping you a few times when passing you the first time. You braked sooner than I had expected
Congrats to victory BurnOut!! ...
Hmm atm the live stream is just showing the LFS multiplayer menu for me. Is this right..?

Josh
Really hope some1 recorded pool 1 commentary.
Pool 4 here,
had a pleasent race, got kicked in the back in lap 7, everything else on my side. Two pitstops were one too much, a drive-through was unnecessary and going off in the last lap and limping damaged to the finishline is also something you have to do only once.
Anyway, more than I expected, I came through.
Thank you for the race, especially the very tame first lap!
Regards, Tys
Pool 1, mediocre start with a messy T1, things starting to brighten up around lap 4, total pc crash at lap 7, bad enough to skip the bluescreen. I guess you could compare it to a complete random failure of every part of the car at the same time.
Yea Filur, It's sad and a releif to see someone lagging out, as it's a sheer lottery as to if you go or not, but I know the disapointment of that happening in races, you never get used to it.

Thanks to Fel who very kindly slowed down and let me pass without holding me up in the slightest, very kind of you. Wasn't bothered about being behind Delta at the end, was close but he was trying to hard so I guess he wanted another lap, so I just trumbled round into a win which I was kindov lucky to get.
Pool 5: I apologise to anyone's race I affected.

I watched the replay just once and it doesn't look so bad, but please do not hesitate to file a complaint. It will be examined by an alternate appeals arbiter.

EDIT: I have now watched the replay from Johnathan Russ' car, and it is clear that he braked because he saw me skidding across the track, and that Johnathan Russ was then hit in the rear by another car, which caused a major accident with cars behind. I confirm my apology, I also note that whilst I may have been at the origin, I was not 'involved' in this incident as such.

My controls (which I did not change at all before this race) went progressively 'weird and weirder'. Right from the start, I experienced strange lockups upon just lifting the gas, and before mid-race, my car was slowed down to the extent that my top speed was 50 km/h below normal and I had to shift down to 6th on the straights to keep momentum and 4th or 5th in turns I should be taking in 6th. (I should have been able to catch Johnathan Russ after he passed me, but couldn't because of low top speed in straight lines)

After my lap 18 pitstop (with NO tyre change although I had it on 36% wear to trigger a change) it was even worse, so I pitted again on lap 20 to do an in-game recalibration (1 tyre was changed), which made my car jump forward and totally out of control in the pitlane, and the steering wheel was moving independently and hard to hold. I then managed to stop it again in the pitlane, considered spectating, but disconnected wheel and pedals and continued with mouse control. Obviously that caused me a few spins and offs, but I did actually do a 2.14x with mouse.

I brought the car home 8th (2 laps down). Maybe I should be disqualified for changing controllers during the race.

Again my apologies if I affected other racers.

Solar Hydro
Quote from russraine :Good racing in pool 5 - apart from Solar at the start who span in front and messed me right up - then round the next corner he slowed again and I had to brake hard and someone hit me from behind spinning me round.

Do I need to watch the replay again?
I have a question (pool 3): In lap 29 I got heavily damaged and went into pits. While I was getting repaired the leader finished the race and I got instantly a DNF. Why is that?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG