Video card or memory RAM?
I´d like to help me please.

I have a old pc, ist technical specifications are:

P4 1.6 GHz
256MB RAM
64MB video card (ATI)
40 GB hard drive
512 kbps connection

so ,when a race starts the lfs does pauses, you know what is I trying to say, ok, what is what I have to do? buy a:

256MB RAM= 512
or
128MB video card?

right the best thing that I have to do is buy other new pc, jajaja
but, with a few of money, thanks for your help

greets
#2 - shim
personally id go more ram..
Because of your CPU a new GPU would be very limited in what it can do. So your money would be best spent on RAM.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Because of your CPU a new GPU would be very limited in what it can do. So your money would be best spent on RAM.

well, his money would be best spent on a new CPU, but seeing as he didn't mention that, i'd invest in the RAM
Quote from dave4002000 :well, his money would be best spent on a new CPU, but seeing as he didn't mention that, i'd invest in the RAM

That'd require a new mobo, and unless he hunted on ebay, that'd also require new RAM, and most probably a new graphics card unless he was lucky enough to find one using AGP.
OK guys, the RAM wins jajaja
thanks you for your opinions and Knowledges.

Quote from Jonas8431 :I´d like to help me please.

I have a old pc, ist technical specifications are:

P4 1.6 GHz
256MB RAM
64MB video card (ATI)
40 GB hard drive
512 kbps connection

so ,when a race starts the lfs does pauses, you know what is I trying to say, ok, what is what I have to do? buy a:

256MB RAM= 512
or
128MB video card?

right the best thing that I have to do is buy other new pc, jajaja
but, with a few of money, thanks for your help

greets

Dont start throwing parts at a problem if you dont know 100% whats causing it.

You say when you start a new race the game will freeze/pause?? What do you have to do to get the game to run? Restart or does it just lag?

Is it possible for you to get another better videocard & even ram to test each in your system to see which one helps you more? That would be the smart thing to do then you could see what helps more instead of wasting $$

Ciao
No, the problem is: when I race with 6 or more players my cpu has pauses, but if I let them to run for 20 seconds to I run alone (when I don´t see them) the cpu runs very well, so the problem is when I´m very close the other players.

---------me----------------------others (track)
runs well

--------me, others---------------------- (track)
runs with pauses

*the reply running from other cpu is too good
Oh ok, then my guess would be Video Card.

But still I would see if its possible to get a friends video card and ram just to test and see which gives you better performance.

But I think you would see better performace with upgrading to a GOOD video card 6600Gt or higher.

keep us updated,

Ciao
His CPU wouldn't have the kick for such a card, so it'd be a wasted investment. Though cheap enough these days. If I was on a shoe string I'd get a cheaper card which would run the game. Which is pretty much anything.

Video card or memory RAM?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG