Hi all
Just got word of this offer from a post on a Fireworks forum

"For a limited time, DAZ is pleased to offer Bryce 5 software absolutely
FREE. Through September 6, 2006, you can download Bryce 5.0 for no
charge via DAZ3D.com.

http://www.daz3d.com/program/b ... e.php?&trid=919467712

Says no limitations I'm downloading now. Hope this is of interest to those here

Cheers ShannonN
That sounds cool ShannonN, thanks. Used Bryce a lot in the past, and was getting pretty good at it, but stopped after a while.

One question too, what Fireworks forum are you on? I am a big Fireworks user
I didn't know you could use bryce 5 for 3d renders for these cars. Could someone show me how?
Quote from cloudstrife676 :I didn't know you could use bryce 5 for 3d renders for these cars. Could someone show me how?

Yeah. Can I convert cmx files to 3ds,and then use whatever 3ds format cars are in,and then it will be read in bryce?
#5 - buedi
OK, I got Bryce now and the CMX 2 3DS Converter + the CMX Files from the LFS Viewer. But I can´t convert the CMX Files to 3DS with the Converter. Maybe it was just made for S1 Models?

c:\CMXConvert>java Cmx_2_3ds "C:\CMXConvert\FZ5 - FZ50.cmx"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Cmx_2_3ds

forget the converter, use the search function of google and search for "fzr scene" you'll land here: "http://ds-autos.digiserv.net/scene/11" these scenes are in *.max format... ready to use...

Hv fun.
can that be used with bryce?
#8 - Jakg
oh yes, now I have the excuse to try (and fail!) at rendering!
Thanks for the heads up! I have downloaded and installed it! Now, what is this software i just installed?
Can't wait to spend hours trying to render but fail! Then go to te forums and find out i did everything backwards, just like with the autocross editer.

lol. Good thingit's free, i've waited for months toget a rende program.
Sorry to ask, but I downloaded bryce, and the FZR files.
Can someone give me a brief step by step guide to doing a simple render ?

Do the FZR files get extracted to a particular place, or does it matter?

thanks
Quote from micha1980de :forget the converter, use the search function of google[...]these scenes are in *.max format... ready to use...

Hmmm... ready to use with 3DS i Guess. Bryce can not open .max Files. I tried it yesterday. It doens´t appear in the Filefilter when you want to import Objects. So I set the Filter manually to *.* and tried to open the .max File (hoped that it´s just a 3DS Format File). But it doesn´t work. I think the Bryce Users need a 3DS File to start trying rendering LFS Cars
#13 - Gunn
I own Bryce5 and it is four CDs. So how can a 24MB download be Bryce 5 ?
Quote from Gunn :I own Bryce5 and it is four CDs. So how can a 24MB download be Bryce 5 ?

After you download it, it has you go and get some presets. It only boosts Bryce to 100+mb, but I remember the CDs it came with when my friend bought it. They were just full of presets, textures, materials (actually this comes with all the materials), etc. I think this is just allowing people to have the program and its features. I do remember Bryce and a similar Corel program being very small in filesize, so it isn't uncommon when it is only the application.
#15 - Gunn
I might have to revisit those CDs and check how useful the content still is.

For those who don't know, Bryce is famous for being an excellent 3D landscape creation software. I have modelled cars in it before though.
Corel obtained Bryce some years ago but it seems they have passed it on now. You can make some amazing scenes, skies and landscapes, oceans and lakes, mountains and other terrain without too much difficulty. It has good boolean operations too, you can model anything with practice. Like most 3D software Bryce can be a little frustrating at first, but it is worth persevering with.
Quote from Gunn :I might have to revisit those CDs and check how useful the content still is.

Yeah most Corel Software was only on the 1st CD, and all the rest was bundled goodies. I used it a while back (kinda shocked Corel doesn't have it anymore), and this downloadable one is pretty much the same thing I remember.

It's too bad Corel doesn't apply itself for nice 3D programs anymore... I had a favorite one years and years ago, Corel Dream 3D from the Corel 7 Suite.
i imported the car and skin into Bryce, but i dont think it looks any better then LFS VIEWER.
Attached images
BryceTest-1.jpg
Quote from speedykev :i imported the car and skin into Bryce, but i dont think it looks any better then LFS VIEWER.

Hi all I think most ppl are forgetting Bryce (as Gunn points out) is mainly a landscape rendering thingy.

I don't think its use is really suited to rendering cars I merely started the thread as its a powerful late uncrippled version and free.

If you want to render cars etc go pay big money for 3ds Max 8 and spent half a lifetime learning it I guess.

Mind you I can't get much happening with Bryce in any form ATM
Gunn I do believe a small tutorial from you would help

ShannonN
I take it back. after a bit of play, i think Bryce5 can do Renders just as good as Max, just look at the refletion in the helmet. off to try a car now.
Attached images
test2.jpg
test3.jpg
Quote from Tweaker :Yeah most Corel Software was only on the 1st CD, and all the rest was bundled goodies. I used it a while back (kinda shocked Corel doesn't have it anymore), and this downloadable one is pretty much the same thing I remember.

It's too bad Corel doesn't apply itself for nice 3D programs anymore... I had a favorite one years and years ago, Corel Dream 3D from the Corel 7 Suite.

Software like that is weird, Photoshop 6 is like 95MB installed on my hard drive. Photoshop CS2 along with Imageready and Bridge is like 300MB.

Per megabyte of program, photoshop has to be one of the most expensive, at least in mainstream software. Thank God for student pricing though
Quote from speedykev :I take it back. after a bit of play, i think Bryce5 can do Renders just as good as Max, just look at the refletion in the helmet. off to try a car now.

Please, can you tell us "unworthy-wannabee-Render-Guys-using-Bryce" how you get that Models into Bryce? I can´t do it with the CMX23DS Converter, neither I was able to open the .max Scenes. I tried to find converted 3DS Files, but I had no luck
Quote from buedi :Please, can you tell us "unworthy-wannabee-Render-Guys-using-Bryce" how you get that Models into Bryce? I can´t do it with the CMX23DS Converter, neither I was able to open the .max Scenes. I tried to find converted 3DS Files, but I had no luck

Hi
i can converte any car you like into 3ds.
try this one if its ok just say what cars you need.
load Bryce and import the car, it will ask for some bitmaps just point it to the images folder and then find the right bitmap.
http://test.speedykev.co.uk/download/FXR.ace
A lot to find out, but i dont think its to bad for the 1st day with Bryce.
Attached images
test4.jpg
Quote from speedykev :A lot to find out, but i dont think its to bad for the 1st day with Bryce.

Would you consider creating a brief 'how to' guide using Bryce ?
I'm not looking for the most sublte secrets of fine rendering, more of a 'here's how I make a basic render - these files need to go here, you then import this to here, etc."

I understand it would be better to learn all the basics of bryce, but I ZERO motivation to spend weeks creating a ball or a tree.

I'd rather start with a lame render and work towards making it better.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask.
Quote from Flycantbird :Would you consider creating a brief 'how to' guide using Bryce ?
I'm not looking for the most sublte secrets of fine rendering, more of a 'here's how I make a basic render - these files need to go here, you then import this to here, etc."

I understand it would be better to learn all the basics of bryce, but I ZERO motivation to spend weeks creating a ball or a tree.

I'd rather start with a lame render and work towards making it better.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask.

Yes i will give it a go.
but i will put it on my website, because i will need to do a lot of pictures and upload car files. may be some time tomorrow, ill post when its ready.:hidesbehi
something look this.?
Attached images
test5.jpg

Bryce 5 available FREE till 6th Sept
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG