The online racing simulator
i now have dual screens but.....
(28 posts, started )
i can not see any option to "show non square modes" anywhere

i have looked and looked and its not there, was this option removed?

i installed the latest ati hydavision drivers and i can use the second screen as a desktop fine.

this has me baffled!
It seems it was removed, all resolutions are now displayed.
arghhh i have just bought a second monitor just for LFS

can i remove the Bf1 patch somehow?

if i try to save the cfg file with
Screen Info 1 60 2048 768
it still does not work
Is your desktop spanned between the 2 monitors? Or is it just 2 separate desktops?
i can drag stuff across if that is what you mean?
I don't have any experience with multiple monitors, so maybe someone else can help you. Maybe even ask Scawen. I think the correct resolution should be listed in the Screen menu, though. Do you have a scroll bar on the right?
yes i can pick from a massive amount of screen res options and i can scroll down to the big numbers, but there is no 2048 x 768 or anything that looks like it to me?
Ohh... I think I know now. LFS has support for 3 monitors. I'm not sure if it supports 2. Having the big gap in the middle of your field of view makes it impractical.
i searched so much on this board before buying the second monitor, install hydavision, select non square modes and change the drivers view point, i thought this was going to be a piece of cake!
I stand corrected. 2 monitors is possible, but as I said, I have no experience with such a setup.
I am currently reading the hydravision manual, and there are options, like the "start up on one monitor", which forces the program on one screen, for example. Maybe you could download the manual for the hydravision (pdf) and read it through?

http://www.ati.com/products/Hydravision/features.html

(Odd enough, I could find the finnish hydravision manual, but not the english one. And by using google )

EDIT: And I don't have an ATI card nor hydravision, but I can suggest trying things found on the manual
#12 - Jakg
Quote from Forbin :I have no experience with such a setup.

i do a bit, but with an nVidia card, so i ask you, is your desktop extended onto the second screen or is it just cloned?
well my desktop background is repeated on the second screen, the blue start bar does not extend onto the second screen, does that help?

i have just been looking at somebodys picture where his desktop background is stretched over the 2 screens, which mine does not ?
#14 - Jakg
Quote from Sticky-Micky :well my desktop background is repeated on the second screen, the blue start bar does not extend onto the second screen, does that help?

i have just been looking at somebodys picture where his desktop background is stretched over the 2 screens, which mine does not ?

Ultramon could help there
Quote from Sticky-Micky :well my desktop background is repeated on the second screen, the blue start bar does not extend onto the second screen, does that help?

It seems that your hydravision is not correctly set up. You need to adjust the hydravision so that it "streches" the image on both screens. BUT, how big is that background picture? It needs to be wider than a normal 4:3 image. OR, you could try to "strech" the background picture and see if it spreads on both screens (which I doubt, because your hydravision settings aren't probably right ).

I don't know what's exactly wrong there, but I can say that you should look through the options of the hydravision...
with ultramon i can stretch this webpage over both screens, and i managed to select "tile" on the background picture to make it spread across the 2 screens, but when i run LFS it just starts up on screen 1

any ideas?
I find that if I delete the cfg file, LFS will magically start displaying the resolutions which allow you to go dual screen. If I leave the cfg as when it was generated in single view, it royally screws it up.

Make a make up of your cfg file, delete it and then try and select a higher resolution and you'll see what I mean.

Edit: If LFS runs in 1 screen then you've likely got it in Dual View rather than Horizontal Span (nVidia terminology).
renamed the cfg file and restarted

game started up in demo mode, although my user name/player details were still there to select, no 2048 x 768 option to select screen res
these 2 sharp TFT`s can only go to 1024 x 768 each, would this be a problem?
i can run LFS in a window and then stretch it across both desktops, but that cant be the right way to do things.

fps drops from around 81 to 1.6 LOL

tried hydravision begiuner and full versions, the graphics card drivers i used were "omega" (i think!) could this be a problem?
I can tell you why it isn't working. But it will be vauge as I'm on my lappy and not my gaming box.

You need to span the display across two screens. Do do this open the ATi Control Pannel. Make sure it's on advanced mode (in view I think), click on the monitor link, right click on a monitor with a little 2 on it, and click "Extend desktop onto this screen" or something of the sort. That'll allow you to play LFS under two monitors correctly.

[edit: I have no idea where it is under omega.]
I am afraid that your problem is caused by 3D card unability to render 3D accelerated image on more than one screen. I used to have 2 screens and when I was 3D gaming, the secondary one was shut down or it displayed desktop. Only 3D card that has internal capability to extend 3D image on three screens is Matrox Parhelia. If I find time to do it, I will get some secondary screen and try to run LFS multi-monitor, but I think I will not succeed.

EDIT: Just readed Psychomans post, maybe ATIs can do it, I am nVidia guy and nVidias cant do that AFAIK...
removed the omega drivers and used the proper ati stuff and now it all works properly, i am driving around blackwood by myself and its showing a healthy 85fps
Quote from Sticky-Micky :removed the omega drivers and used the proper ati stuff and now it all works properly, i am driving around blackwood by myself and its showing a healthy 85fps

yipee! The forum has been of use. Makes a change from the endless threads about bans and cheats!
it has took me 4 hours, but i conquered it
#25 - Jakg
Quote from MadCatX :EDIT: Just readed Psychomans post, maybe ATIs can do it, I am nVidia guy and nVidias cant do that AFAIK...

yep, doing that killed my 6600GT, i got 7 fps

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG