Raintime - Shift
Symphony X - Frontiers

A rare Japanese Bonus Track, I regret not really having listened to it yet. For anyone interested, you can get it free on their homepage www.symphonyx.com
The Planets Suite - Gustav Holst
just finished compiling a 3hour set for a party i am doing next week. 60 minutes of deadmau5, 60 minutes of current trance and finally 60 minutes of Armada records (van buuren trance). should be fun.
Listening to the new album from Children Of Bodom, Relentless Reckless Forever. I am not sure if I like it not. Guess I need to wait for the high res / def / whatver lulz quality to be aviable before giving it a second go.

Still dreaming of songs like Everytime I Die, Follow The Reaper etc
Quote from dadge :just finished compiling a 3hour set for a party i am doing next week. 60 minutes of deadmau5, 60 minutes of current trance and finally 60 minutes of Armada records (van buuren trance). should be fun.

just listening back to the set. i have it uploaded to my ftp is anyone wants a listen.
Quote from dadge :just finished compiling a 3hour set for a party i am doing next week. 60 minutes of deadmau5, 60 minutes of current trance and finally 60 minutes of Armada records (van buuren trance). should be fun.

Out of curiosity, do you need any legal documentation/allowance from deadmau5 for example saying you're allowed to use his music in your set?
"Unbended Mind" from Victor, my favourite tune from the game
mouth machine gun, by our last night

anyone ever hear of them? they are pretty local, and im trying to figure out how big they made it...they are a good metal band imho
Quote from hp999 :Out of curiosity, do you need any legal documentation/allowance from deadmau5 for example saying you're allowed to use his music in your set?

i'm not being paid. i'm not profiting from the songs i'm playing. i have also purchased the songs to be entitled to use them. i might as well be playing it in a car with the windows open.
iirc, if i were playing at a club, i would be covered by the clubs royalty charges. but i think i would have to submit my playlist so the club can pay x amount per song per play.
i could be completely wrong though.
Quote from dadge :i'm not being paid. i'm not profiting from the songs i'm playing. i have also purchased the songs to be entitled to use them. i might as well be playing it in a car with the windows open.
iirc, if i were playing at a club, i would be covered by the clubs royalty charges. but i think i would have to submit my playlist so the club can pay x amount per song per play.
i could be completely wrong though.

Fair nuff

Basically yeh, I guess the simple fact is if you'd be making profit off someone else's work, you'd have to pay the author.
there was a license charge implemented in 2006 (£200 per year) that would cover you. this was only brought in because of mp3 downloads. it doesn't seem to be enforced as well as it should be. DJing is a bit of a grey area. without other peoples music, the DJ cannot exist. without DJs, artists wouldn't get as much coverage as they do. fair usage comes into play too.

here's a good read (2 pages long) http://acapella.harmony-centra ... 6-Copyright-laws-for-a-DJ
Chapel Club - All the Eastern Girls (Flux Pavilion remix)
Green Day - Minority (Live)
This thread is closed

The what music are you listening to now thread
(16853 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG