The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
Brabus TKR - 0-100kph in 1.67, top speed of 432kph
Yeah, you read correctly. I didn't make a typo.

http://autoreview.belproject.com/item/160

Info is rather scarce on this apart from this:

The engine is a twin-turbo V8, developing 1005hp.
The car can do 0-100kph (62mph) in 1.67 seconds and will hit 432kph (270mph).

Crazy, no?
Omg that is fawking inzane ! ? !

miii llaaaaaaajjjjjkk !
#3 - Jakg
seen it at the motorshow and i actually quite like it
1,67 seconds...that's gona rip your head off!
There seems to be a new mega-car announced at every show these days. The performance figures are all just their own claims, and there certainly appears to be a tendency to exaggerate a tad, I wonder why. Also, why does it look so crap from the back http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/i ... 13/car_photo_206757_5.jpg
#6 - Jakg
Quote from sinbad :There seems to be a new mega-car announced at every show these days. The performance figures are all just their own claims, and there certainly appears to be a tendency to exaggerate a tad, I wonder why. Also, why does it look so crap from the back http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/i ... 13/car_photo_206757_5.jpg

because its a rip off of quite a few cars, and the back is a copy of a Zonda, but it looks fugly, although the front is quite nice
#7 - axus
Quote from sinbad :There seems to be a new mega-car announced at every show these days. The performance figures are all just their own claims, and there certainly appears to be a tendency to exaggerate a tad, I wonder why. Also, why does it look so crap from the back http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/i ... 13/car_photo_206757_5.jpg

I think the back end is designed purely for aerodynamics' sake.
Possibly, but aerodynamic shapes are often very beautiful, so could this be, it's the details (lights, vent, exhaust etc) that let this thing down, I think.
id have the bugatti any day as it seems more practical, that is just a hyped up track car for the road
Quote from Xaid0n :id have the bugatti any day as it seems more practical, that is just a hyped up track car for the road

yes, because it does 0.00001mpg!
#11 - axus
The Bugatti is just built for the record books, its hardly usable. Its pedals are offset and so on.
#12 - JJ72
I can't quite believe that, does it run on normal rubber? where can it find all this traction?
Quote from Blackout :1,67 seconds...that's gona rip your head off!

I don't think that is possible on street tires.
Quote from JJ72 :I can't quite believe that, does it run on normal rubber? where can it find all this traction?

I am skeptical too. Slicks might have achieved that time, but with road tires, aghhhh, that would be amazing.

Car looks nice... definitely a Saleen and Zonda mix, maybe a bit of a ZZII in the front too. Interesting, but I'll wait and see this thing on video or in magazine reviews to get an official word.
Quote from axus :I think the back end is designed purely for aerodynamics' sake.

I dunno.. that has a sharp cutoff on the rear end there. I'd be inclined to believe that would create one massive vortex adding significant drag. I'm no aerodynamicist, though
#16 - Jakg
gaurdian newspaper did the 0-60 time from what i hear, although im unsure of tyres
in 1.67 to hyperspace illepall who needs such speeds... I think I would shit my pants in such fast accelerating car.
Technically they might be using road tyres but ones that are just legal, designed for racing Basically a slick with a few little cuts in them.
I have a hunch they might have done it on slicks, turbos wound up, on a hot dragstrip or other surface with lots of rubber already laid down.
if the tyres were 3ft wide mebbie...
#21 - axus
Quote from Tweaker :I have a hunch they might have done it on slicks, turbos wound up, on a hot dragstrip or other surface with lots of rubber already laid down.

The turbo's wound up wouldn't really be necessary - I'm sure 1005hp is easily enough to spin the wheels right upto 100kph.
It's just a fiberglass hackjob with a Chevy small-block and a disguised Gale Banks turbo kit. 0-62mph in 1.67 sec...yeah right. It would have to pull 1.6g sustained to do that. That's not gonna happen with any kind of road-legal tire, especially not without AWD.

I'd say it's gonna do 0-62mph in something like 3.2 sec and lose its bodywork or blow the engine/transmission long before it comes anywhere close to 400kph. In fact I'd be surprised if the transaxle in it is even specced for half as much torque as it's supposed to be putting out. Sorry, but every muppet with an angle grinder and a MIG welder can stuff an SBC into a tube-frame and cover it with some fiberglass.

Note how they just put two plates over the Banks logo on the pressure chamber.
Guessing it will be 4WD with launch control?
Judging by the thread title, I was expecting some unholy version of the CL65 AMG with 4Matic and about 1600 horsepower....
The company's name is "Barabus", not to be confused with Brabus. Their website used to be http://www.barabus.info/, but it's broken.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG