The online racing simulator
Quote from wheel4hummer :The turn compensation should stop the wheel when you reach maximum lock.

I suggested this several times, but never got heard (I think)
In the PS2 Version of Richard Burns Rally it was like that. You configured the Game to i.e. 540 Degree Lock and then when you reached 540 Degrees the Wheel stopped because of some constant Force that was applied by the game.

If you reached the end of 540 Degrees I COULD turn it more because I am MAN and MAN is more STRONG than WHEEL *ugh*! illepall

But even when driving a Rally car very wild the Force applied at the 540 Degree Lock was strong enough.

THIS in LFS and the DFP / G25 support would be perfect. It´s just annoying when you have to look at the Wheel on the Screen to see when you have reached maximum Lock
But S2 is not finished yet and I have some hope :-)
Quote from buedi :I suggested this several times, but never got heard (I think)
In the PS2 Version of Richard Burns Rally it was like that. You configured the Game to i.e. 540 Degree Lock and then when you reached 540 Degrees the Wheel stopped because of some constant Force that was applied by the game.

If you reached the end of 540 Degrees I COULD turn it more because I am MAN and MAN is more STRONG than WHEEL *ugh*! illepall

But even when driving a Rally car very wild the Force applied at the 540 Degree Lock was strong enough.

THIS in LFS and the DFP / G25 support would be perfect. It´s just annoying when you have to look at the Wheel on the Screen to see when you have reached maximum Lock
But S2 is not finished yet and I have some hope :-)

Sure it does that in LFS if you set the max lock to match in the wingman software? exactly how you say, you CAN turn it more... but it gets uber stiff.
Quote from Robster230 :Sure it does that in LFS if you set the max lock to match in the wingman software? exactly how you say, you CAN turn it more... but it gets uber stiff.

Sure I can set it in the Wingman Software. But that's not the Solution. Then I would have to exit LFS whenever I change the Car and set the new Turning Ratio in the Wingman Software AND in LFS again.

The Solution would be following:

1. You set the Wheel to 900 Degrees in the Wingman Software
2. Fire up LFS, set Wheel Turning to 900 Degrees and Wheel compensation to 1.0
3. Use one of the Cars and LFS stops your wheel when you reach the Turning limit of the Car used.
4. Use another Car (i.e. FO8) and LFS stops your wheel when you reach the Turning limit of THIS Car
5. etc...
Quote from wheel4hummer :I use whatever the steering wheel lock is of the car I'm driving. 720 for all STD, TBO, FWD, LRF cars. 270 for MRT, 540 for GTR, 450 for FO8 and FOX, 400 for the BF1.

+1 Wheel is set at 720* in Wingman and LFS. Compensation is set to 1.0. All the cars steer as they should. I don't know why anyone with a DFP would drive any other way, honestly.
Quote from buedi :Sure I can set it in the Wingman Software. But that's not the Solution. Then I would have to exit LFS whenever I change the Car and set the new Turning Ratio in the Wingman Software AND in LFS again.

The Solution would be following:

1. You set the Wheel to 900 Degrees in the Wingman Software
2. Fire up LFS, set Wheel Turning to 900 Degrees and Wheel compensation to 1.0
3. Use one of the Cars and LFS stops your wheel when you reach the Turning limit of the Car used.
4. Use another Car (i.e. FO8) and LFS stops your wheel when you reach the Turning limit of THIS Car
5. etc...

This is an excellent idea. I would love to see it implemented.
I use 720 in every case..works just perfect.
720 all the time here.
I did have mine set to 720 but everytime i try and catch a big slide, i would steer so much it would go past the DFP's lock and me being me thought i'll break it, so i have mine at 900.

Although its a pain to catch slides, its taught me NOT to get out of controll in the first place
Same as Sidi, I use 270 with 0 wtc all the time. I wanted to use more and I did try realistic lock only in first day when I got the wheel, but the FF motor has just too much resistance and its SO noisy when turning the wheel fast that instead of fighting the car I just keep fighting the motor which is not really fun (nor realistic), too much extra resistance on top of useful FF. Small lock works perfectly because DFP is very very precise, and its also smooth and quiet in that small range.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I use whatever the steering wheel lock is of the car I'm driving. 720 for all STD, TBO, FWD, LRF cars. 270 for MRT, 540 for GTR, 450 for FO8 and FOX, 400 for the BF1.

same here
I usually use 270 in races and stuff, and only when I want to drive realistically, like in a citylife server, will I put the wheel on 900 degree mode
I just leave my wheel at full rotation so that means I'm racing with 720deg in the road cars. It took me a long time to get used to oversteer with 2.5 turns of lock but I found practising at the skidpan with the GT-T helped. Now I'm completely comfortable with it.
Hey, if I like to use 720, do I have to turn it to 720 in LFS and Logitech Profiler as well? Because it doesn't seem to work, if I have it 720 in both, it will steer very fast in LFS.

EDIT: I;ve set some things up allrdy, using 560 atm. in-game and in logitech profiler.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG