The online racing simulator
Why no one is working on revised Fern Bay?
There are lots of new Blackwoods and Astons with better textures, though Blackwood is already pretty detailed. Fern Bay is really the one which looks really ancient... is everyone waiting for Eric's v2.0 or is it just too big/complicated track for complete texture updates? I would really like to see some "extremely old, ruined and small club track" scenery in FE, something like Taavi's "old Blackwood" texture update.

At least everyone should install this small tarmac texture update for FE: http://www.marcls-home.de/file ... nid=15&p13_fileid=142
well, with texture pack installed, I have frame drops from 40 (! :shy to 24, so I'm not really interested in graphics improvements
Just have a look through the dds folder, and you'll find that fern bay has the most textures of them all...
Fern Bay doesnt look anywhere near as good as the other tracks. Although i dont know if that is the quality of the textures or just the atmosphere the devs wanted to create.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Just have a look through the dds folder, and you'll find that fern bay has the most textures of them all...

How is the Fresh Westhill btw?
i think i'll have time again in september, right now i'm on a "holiday". Maintaining, refueling and tightening screws on my.....girl . So i'm a bit "busy".
I agree Fern Bay is the logical choice. I would do it, but I keep getting scared that Eric might suddenly bust out with a massive texture update- voiding possibly weeks of work.
I have 256MB of video ram, so i don't have to worry. And, you can always increase your AGP aperature in the bios. The only problems I have is with my video ram overheating. My southbridge gets really hot too.
There are two track texture mods for Fern Bay, which is as much as all the other tracks really, the only one that seems to get a lot of revised extra stuff is Blackwood and the various advertisement banners elsewhere.
Theres actually a VERY exellent pack for Fern Bay that gives it sort of a worn out type look. I found it on a french LFS forum somewhere.

Edit: Also I beleive that its at default resolution for track textures, so no huge FPS drops.
Quote from FallenReaper :Theres actually a VERY exellent pack for Fern Bay that gives it sort of a worn out type look. I found it on a french LFS forum somewhere.

Could you please try to find it?
I feel skeptical of using any kind of modifications which are given at default resolution. To me, Eric's textures are good textures- they're just too low-res. You need (I won't say in all cases) to be authoring at twice the original resolution to begin with, because anything less is just ugly, you're starting off on the wrong foot. Clarity of an image to me is more important than adding details.
I don't download the texture packs but all I see really is Blackwood. There should be a texture pack for Fern Bay.
I also haven't seen many for Aston, South City and none for the Autocross arenas (well actually if I recall I think someone made one for the Skidpad)
Quote :There should be a texture pack for Fern Bay.

edit: I will probably work on something over the next couple of weeks or so- see what come up.. I'm a little busy though..
#16 - S0ul
wow,that looks great!Why didnt this guypost it in the official forums,would have saved us about 10 posts^^
Haa! I have it already
It's at the start of this thread too. It looks good, but I haven't tried these textures out yet. Will probably give it a go today
Quote from Electrik Kar :edit: I will probably work on something over the next couple of weeks or so- see what come up.. I'm a little busy though..

That French forum doesn't seem to loading right now... so it's the same thing as this which I already mentioned in the first post? I would like to see that kind of tarmac texture for every track, that actually looks like a racing track because it looks old thanks to all the skid mark details etc.
I like the new Fern Bay textures except the white lines on the road and those holes. They make the whole texture too repetitive in my opinion. Would it be possible to release a version without them? Maybe in higher res as well?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG