The online racing simulator
Lag problems.
(7 posts, started )
Lag problems.
hello, Ive been playing LFS for a few monthes now. and everything has been smooth.

But when playing online I lag a lot. This didnt happen a few weeks ago. All my other games play lag free. but LFS doesnt like me that much. any suggestions?
when you say you lag, what exactly do you mean

is your FPS low, or are other cars jumping around

also, well.. heres a list of things:
1 you (and i) live in the US, 95% of the servers are run in europe, so that [doesnt] help
2 make sure your joining servers with low ping numbers
3 what other games do you play that you get little lag in?
My FPS is low, I knwo its not a hardware problem because when I play on single player I got 60 FPS no problem. I do join low ping servers. but it still lags.
what other games do you play that you dont lag in?
Quote from SnprSlick :My FPS is low, I knwo its not a hardware problem because when I play on single player I got 60 FPS no problem. I do join low ping servers. but it still lags.

I hear this alot.... but i'll say again!

Low FPS is not "lag", it's just low FPS!

You say you get 60fps in single player with no problem? have you tried with AI in single player? LFS always takes quite a hit to performance when other cars are onscreen. even on a start grid in an online race, with 6 or so cars nearby the FPS can be quite alot lower than if you're racing by yourself.
well, Ive thoroughly tested. Ive run with 1- 8 ai racers.

Latency does have to do with your FPS on some online games. When it is you that is lagging your FPS is low. I nkow it cant be hardware because Im using 2 Nvidia Geforce 7800's, Im using SLi. I dont lag in the followign games. Battlefield 2, Halo PC, America's Army Special Forces, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, Counter-Strike Source, Doom 3, and a few other games.

I know plenty about networking and computers.

So dont tell me its my hardware as this game has tons of latency problems.

So, what say you?

EDIT:
I know it is lag because earlier it never lagged. but when I went into one session, my FPS was low.
The peeps in server said my Ping was horrible. When u lag individually your FPS drops significantly.
I know the difference between lag and low FPS. so dont say its just this is just low fps.
#7 - filur
Quote from SnprSlick :The peeps in server said my Ping was horrible. When u lag individually your FPS drops significantly.

No, in LFS, it doesn't. I've lagged out from servers a few times, meaning my ping was constantly extremely high for such a long period of time the connection was ultimately dropped, my fps has never been affected by this in any way.

Some games / programs might drop in fps due to network latency, perhaps they've been written to wait for certain network events before actually drawing the next frame. LFS doesn't do this, it's just low fps, whatever is causing this, it's not your ping time in LFS.

Lag problems.
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG