The online racing simulator
aussie lag
(12 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
aussie lag
this is really bugging me. i can go on to an australian server no problems, but if i go international, i lag bad and its annoying cause im trying to race others, but they cant race me..

is there any way to fix this?
not really. everyone is in the same boat. euros lag out on our servers and we lag out on theirs

even those who have fast connections still have the same issue, cuz it's simply too far
#3 - Gunn
Connecting to the US (generally, not always), Asia and NZ is ok for racing. Europe is kind of out of the question these days though. The number of players in the server and the server's upload bandwidth do also make a difference when connecting to an overseas race. Local network traffic (OZ) can also cause there to be good days and bad days, you never know when your ISP is routing your data half-way around the solar system just to get around some local outage or whatever.
aoun, you were fine when playing on a server with a bit less people. But when you joined the Redline server, there was a lot more people and plus, I noticed you were in a lot of laggy situations (e.g. contact with others) when you were bunched up with a group of cars... which probably could be lowering your FPS and creating some system lag.

It happens to me on that server in the middle of the day when it is reall yhot, and my laptop is overheating... I look skippy, and then it causes some accidents

But yeah, distance is probably the #1 issue. But also that Redline server is just crap to be honest
#5 - aoun
Ahh ok.. No worries then thanks for the help .
Quote from Gunn : you never know when your ISP is routing your data half-way around the solar system just to get around some local outage or whatever.

They usually cant affect it because they buy world connectivity from big players like AT&T,Verizon business who own most of the international fibre network so they can barealy affect where their international traffic will go/be routed.
Try playing with dial up

Suprisingly i can get a good race with anything up to 8 -10 players even with ping rates as high as 500. Don't ask me how though.
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :;even those who have fast connections still have the same issue, cuz it's simply too far

Didnt notice your post earlier but its not really far as you can think.I work for one the company which have most of the worldwide fibre network and "we" are able to quarantee quite a low ping to the customer connect like from Australia to Europe.Sure they pay quite a lot of money for that but its possible.Around 90ms its quite easy.
The people with home connection are not able to get it because they have just regular connection from local ISP and that si something else.

I just want to clear the technical point here a bit.
Quote :Didnt notice your post earlier but its not really far as you can think

I think it's 12 timezones, how far do you think it is? lol... no really, very interesting to see the connection speed is possible but I pressume this is a special low contention ratio line that is super expensive to rent?
Quote from Becky Rose :I think it's 12 timezones, how far do you think it is? lol... no really, very interesting to see the connection speed is possible but I pressume this is a special low contention ratio line that is super expensive to rent?

I meant thats its not too far away from the technical point of view.Well most of companies running a lot of their internal networks on our networks so they getting huge discounts for many things.
I cant tell really how much as this could be considered to breaking the company rules and I have signed papers for this but its way too much more they you pay for your home connection and with even slower speed then average ADSL speed avaible on the UK market.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I meant thats its not too far away from the technical point of view.Well most of companies running a lot of their internal networks on our networks so they getting huge discounts for many things.
I cant tell really how much as this could be considered to breaking the company rules and I have signed papers for this but its way too much more they you pay for your home connection and with even slower speed then average ADSL speed avaible on the UK market.

you can download high speeds from the other side of the world, but the problem with gaming on a server on the other side of the world is latency, isn't it?

In a computer network it is an expression of how much time it takes for a packet of data to get from one designated point to another. If the data is streamed or just 1 big file you're downlading, latency has little effect on the speed you can download it, just like a turning on a long garden hose, initially it takes a while for the water to start coming through but once it does the length of the pipe doesn't matter. But in online gaming the data being sent through is being calculated in real time, and as such you want the bit of data ASAP as soon as it comes out of the hosecock hehe
#12 - GTS
Aussie lag
aoun,
Im having same issue as well, I notice it happens at the begining of each race so I tend to Pit wait until everyone starts and join later, but it takes everything away from the racing experience and Im on 1.5mb Asdl connection. Even get lag on some of the Aussie servers.

aussie lag
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG