The online racing simulator
Excel with LFS?
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Vegas
Excel with LFS?
I was just wondering if it is possible to use a spread sheet to supply the values for the car setup? What other program would I need to make this link with MS Excel? Thanks in advance
none that i know of, but what for?
I've seen someone make something in Excel before. Maybe not something for a setup, but more of an analyzation tool. Bob might enlighten us.
Well the only thing in excel was made by Lukas@ for 828(currently 950) combo club...All times from signed drivers was in it counted, compared..and one who got fastest time was the winner...it's great for comparing times - function i'm missing from old lfsw
Your post isn't very clear. You want to use Excel to modify your car setup? In what way? I mean, all the sliders are available in LFS, so there's no advantage to be had by just typing the numbers into an excel spreadsheet and then writing to the binary setup file. Unless of course you want to perform numerical analysis on them, such as Colcob's setup analyser (which I really intend to email out to those interested souls tomorrow). But I don't think Excel is powerful enough to read and write files?

It's possible, but probably incredibly difficult/time consuming, to have a third app extract setup parameters from an Excel spreadsheet and write them to a binary file.

Alternatively, if you're incredibly patient, I'm intending the next update for GRC to include setup & .bin file reading and writing.
#6 - Vegas
Well ok, Ill tell you. If one could use a spread sheet to supply setting of the car one could make them parametric. For example the wing settings on the BF1 ; ) Of course in real life this would fail to comply with Article 3.15 of F1's technical regulations, but this isnt F1.
i still dont understand what you would need it for?

you know you can set up your own spreadsheet to place all that information in it
Ask Phlos lol
#9 - richo
gold!
"ahhhhh always believe in your soul" whoops sorry
XCNuse, wing settings controlled by a parametric formula that was driven by either the output speed of the car or by steering wheel inputs would change making it a "flexible wing".
No, its not possible to modify LFS in the way you specify without completely hacking it to pieces and changing the formula used for calculating the downforce. I suppose, in theory it would be possible to modify the car's "setup" details in memory, on the fly. But I've never specifically looked at doing this, and I have no idea whether it is possible.

I had the impression you wanted to plug the numbers into an excel spreadsheet, run some calcs and then dump out a .set file rather than that. To take that approach, it would be possible if you either;
* wrote a bit of vbscript, within the spreadsheet, to create the set file
* or wrote an excel plugin to do the same thing

Excel with LFS?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG