The online racing simulator
how do i make skins?
Quote from dsmit239 :how do i make skins?

thats a very complicated question... the most simplified answer is you

(1) download the CMX viewer
(2) open one of the default templtaes in there in an image editing program
(2) paint your skin over the default template.
Ok I Know How To Make Skins. But I Need to Open The Default skin. and im having problems trying to find a program that can open and save that type of file to a.Jif or .JEGS, ect.
Help?
Quote from DavyC412 :thats a very complicated question... the most simplified answer is you

(1) download the CMX viewer
(2) open one of the default templtaes in there in an image editing program
(2) paint your skin over the default template.

Oops Ok, Admin You Can Remove My Post Above this one i so Stupid i didnt see his↑ Post..
are there any GIMP users?
or do you think GIMP is too cr*ppy for skinning?
Quote from kristis917 :are there any GIMP users?
or do you think GIMP is too cr*ppy for skinning?

Gimp is best freeware and very competitive against photoshop and corel jasc, some people prefer Gimp over those 2 picture manipulation programs.
Im Gimp user myself and i recon that its actually one of the most used programs to edit pictures. And its definitely not cr*ppy for skinning
Quote from EliteAti :Gimp is best freeware and very competitive against photoshop and corel jasc, some people prefer Gimp over those 2 picture manipulation programs.
Im Gimp user myself and i recon that its actually one of the most used programs to edit pictures. And its definitely not cr*ppy for skinning

I was just asking (i'm a gimp uset too)to know because the skins that are made with PS look wayy better than the ones with GIMP or is it just Skinner's proffesionallity....
A new skinners quest
Howdy Yall, How goes the battle? I am a newbie to the skinning world and have been reading everything I can find, to help me design my own skins for LFS. But I am also a victim of our currant recession and can't fork out very much gold for any new paint programs. The only reason I even have for such a program is LFS. I down loaded "paint.net" for free, but am wondering if there are any better programs out there that I can use with LFS. The trouble I am having with "paint.net" is that there does not seem to be a 3D rendering option. You know, where the skin is broken down into geometric shapes and such. Any advice you can lend would be greatly appreciated.
#36 - Gunn
Quote from Wm. Peddle :Howdy Yall, How goes the battle? I am a newbie to the skinning world and have been reading everything I can find, to help me design my own skins for LFS. But I am also a victim of our currant recession and can't fork out very much gold for any new paint programs. The only reason I even have for such a program is LFS. I down loaded "paint.net" for free, but am wondering if there are any better programs out there that I can use with LFS. The trouble I am having with "paint.net" is that there does not seem to be a 3D rendering option. You know, where the skin is broken down into geometric shapes and such. Any advice you can lend would be greatly appreciated.

I think you are looking for a template or skin kit that is compatible with paint.net? I believe there is a plugin for that software which will allow you to use PSD files (templates already exist for PSD).
Heres the PSD Plugin for Paint.net.

Install - Find the root folder of Paint.net and put the Photoshop.dll in the "filetypes" folder.

E: For bit more advanced skinning i recommend you "GIMP" - www.gimp.org just like in the 1st post
Attached files
PSD Plugin.zip - 18.6 KB - 505 views
Thank you Gentlemen, I will install both programs to see the differences.
Looks like I've got some homework to do:eclipseeh
Well, I put in the plugin and all is well with paint.net but for some reason the Gimp program cant seem to find anything in the skins dds file of LFS.
I first tried the 64 bit version of Gimp and thought that might be the problem as they give a disclaimer on the download page that it may not work. So, I removed it and reinstalled the "stable" version and have the same problem.
I removed and replaced it a couple of times and it still finds nothing in the skins file. I don't know, guess I'll stick with the paint.net, it will get me started at least. I read through and followed the manual but maybe I am missing something? Beats me.
Quote from pandera :www.cameleon-labs.com

ObjectPainter - you can load 3D objects into Photoshop and paint with the 3D preview

But you cant use that for LFS Skins right ? How do you want to loead the car....
Thx, looks really interesting
PhotoFiltre is a quick and easy skinning program. I just started using it and i love it.
Quote from RMZ125 :PhotoFiltre is a quick and easy skinning program. I just started using it and i love it.

I used Photofiltre combined with Paint.net for like a year (not here on LFS, I don't wanna hurt everyone's eyes with that "Fill+White Pixels" skins), and I'm totally convinced and sure that GIMP worth the sacrifice of learning it. Seriously.

It is good for a start on graphics editing, because it have transparent and mask functions, but if I could start with GIMP earlier, I would be a happier man. XD
Good post!
I DLed GIMP and it keeps saying (Not Responding)???? whats up with this?
Quote from BrandonR :I DLed GIMP and it keeps saying (Not Responding)???? whats up with this?

Download somewhere else...

Or give more infos of when the "message" appears...

Or go to a forum that can actually help you with that specific program, since GIMP is not LFS, doh.
-
(joen10) DELETED by joen10
Photobie?
Is Photobie a usable program for making skins? I have it on my comp already.

Thanks
i've never heard of it, but any image editor capable of saving to jpeg is enough, however one that supports layers (gimp/photoshop) is even better.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG