The online racing simulator
Villeneuve - BMW Split Confirmed
(26 posts, started )
http://web78.f-1.com/news_View ... rmed-~cid~1~id~135128.htm

"The Canadian's absence from the Hungarian Grand Prix was seen by many as the first crack in what has appeared to be an improved relationship this season, but Jacques Villeneuve will not be back in the F1.06 after both parties confirmed a termination of their relationship."

Time for Villeneuve to finally turn his back on F1 for good and move on. I hope he lands a seat in a series like DTM or ALMS instead of the rumoured bid for a seat in NASCAR though.
I hope we see him in the Peugeot at LeMans next year!
I thought Jacques had been driving his socks off this year, why didn't they fire him in any of the last half decade when he drove like a twat?
LOL BECKY!!! Well ye, I agree about that. And I do hope he lands the Peugeot deal or an ALMS ride...i wouldnt like to see JV in NASCAR...its too barbaric for former F1 drivers...IMHO
Quote from rAcEr2418 :I wouldnt like to see JV in NASCAR...its too barbaric for former F1 drivers...IMHO

But Montoya will fit in perfect!
as i know, they have not decided where will he race next year.
BMW have Kubica shrines in their closets at home, the same as James Allens Jenson Button shrine.

Dissapointing, I think Villenerve drove well this year although I never rated him highly. They used to say Damon Hill only won because of the car, but he proved his worth in the shittest team on the grid, and Mr Villenerve only beat him because Hills throttle linkage broke.
I too hope to see Jacques land an ALMS ride. Would be nice to have him come up to Mosport for the lone Canadian round and get his john-hancock. Would make a nice addition to my collection of signatures.
Jacques always struck me a fairly nice guy (then again, who knows). He was clearly doing something right, despite not being at the top of the pack in recent years since he still had a job

It would be nice to see his influence in other forms of racing, but from the speculation going around it's highly doubtful we'll see him in a car again
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
jaqcues wasnt a nice guy, he acted like a spoiled kid and used to 'bully' his team mates
He is too busy with his new music tracks....
Rofl :d
Yeah sad to see him go, thought this was one of his best seasons in a long time. Maybe Jacques for the spare Renault seat? as Webber has joined Red Bull...
#14 - J.B.
Well that's quite low from BMW, using a headache as an official reason to fire him. Also having the only two drivers that aren't utterly boring when they open their mouths leave F1 at almost the same time can't be good for F1 as a spectator sport.

I haven't been following Jacques closely this year, can anybody post his qualifying results against Heidfeld's? Was he really that bad?

The good thing is that Kubica will get a seat though, he seems to be quite a hotshot.
There is no spare Renault seat guys...the only spare seat is the test seat.

Heikki Kovalainen will be #2 driver a Renault unless Kimi jumps to Renault. (Btw, buh-bye Kimi...your brain fart this weekend pretty much sealed your McLaren fate).
Quote from J.B. :
I haven't been following Jacques closely this year, can anybody post his qualifying results against Heidfeld's? Was he really that bad?

It's probably not a case of being particularly bad, but rather he wasn't blowing him away. Heidfeld's a solid if unremarkable F1 driver, and maybe they want to find the next star to fill the other seat.

This gives them the chance to see if Kubica fits the bill, and enough time to look elsewhere for 2007 if not.

If all JV was bringing to F1 was a slightly less bland personality, then it probably is time to move over. Afterall, we still have DC to come up with the 'you can only pee with the cock you've got' type comments to keep it from being too bland....
Quote from der_jackal :There is no spare Renault seat guys...the only spare seat is the test seat.

Heikki Kovalainen will be #2 driver a Renault unless Kimi jumps to Renault. (Btw, buh-bye Kimi...your brain fart this weekend pretty much sealed your McLaren fate).

HAHAHAHA!!! He can't get #2. That's already filled with Fisi! It's the #1 seat at Renault that is left empty.
Quote from Nick_ll :HAHAHAHA!!! He can't get #2. That's already filled with Fisi! It's the #1 seat at Renault that is left empty.

I don't what's worse. The inconsistant, underachieving, I-barely-overtook-MS-at-Hungary-with-way-better-tyres Fisichella as #1 backed up by a rookie, or Fisichella as #2 supporting the rookie. Honestly, both scenarios look BAD.

I hope for the sake of Renault's competivity that Heikki doesn't land a drive there.

Villeneuve-Fisichella would be cool! Remember that Renault got Jacques out of his sabbathical to drive for them when they dropped Jarno Trulli... so it isn't so far fetched after all!
Seeing Villeneuve at Renault would definately be something cool.

Another maybe door could be at Williams. Frank Williams never said that he wouldn't take him back if he needed to.

But anyways, none of his doors in Formula One are really decided yet. I hope he stays in F1 and finds a good wheel. Wouldn't be all that great to see him go. He'll probably enter DTM or such a league like many other F1 drivers did (Alesi, Frentzen, Hakkinen, all good fellows) and also participate in the prestigious LeMans race.

I'd wouldn't see Villeneuve in NASCAR though. Doesn't seem to be his type of driving, and observing his current situation, it would be close to impossible. He just married, his wife is waiting for a baby, and I don't think he move to the US, travel around the country from Febuary to November for something like 36 weekends. And NASCAR will have how many cars next year? 63? So many people are talking of getting into NASCAR.

Anyways, I hope he'll find a good spot to remain in Formula One... But a good European league would probably also suit him if his hopes are lost.
Quote from Nick_ll :HAHAHAHA!!! He can't get #2. That's already filled with Fisi! It's the #1 seat at Renault that is left empty.

Somebody better tell the boys at Renault that.

If Renault lands Kimi (not going to happen, he's Ferrari bound, and I hope they have fun w/ him) then Fisi'll be #2, otherwise any other driver they can poach will sit #2 to Fisi.

Sad, but true.

There are only 3 drivers with seats currently that are worth a top seat at a top team, one is leaving for McLaren, one will never leave Ferrari, and the last is on his way out of McLaren.
Maybe it's when he recently said:

- "I don't know how to go faster"

That should have made everyone realise what the true problem is with this
guy. Sure he had a great career start but in the past years all i've ever
heard from him was excuses about why it's not his fault. It's never his
fault. His team has to become annoyed when they are always blamed for
his talent limit.

The difference between a good driver and a great driver is a great
driver is great in any car, he knows how to take advantage of it's
strenght and compensate for it's weeknesses.

Maybe he should go into Nascar as he's mentionned. It'll be a welcome
change.
#22 - Nard
Well, the problem with Villeneuve is that he got infected with the stardom syndrom, except he was always bad tempered, so he pisses everyone off. We all know he's a good driver, but you can't perform right if you don't have good relations with your team.

Since he didn't seem to be on the best terms with any team in the last years, I'm not surprised he can't perform.
His whole career started going down the drain when he decided to buy Tyrell with his friend Pollock, thus racing for BAR, in 1999. The strangest this is that there are rumors that Pollock wants to do this again, with MidlandF1. It didn't work the first time... Why would he want to do that mistake again? (speaking of Pollock). But i don't think Villeneuve would be interested. Especailly starting/finishing like 20th or 21st. Meh.
Up to and including Germany, Jaques had Heidfield put in his place in qualifying. So what do BMW do? Kick him out... crazy!

Villeneuve - 7 times quicker than Heidfield
Heidfield - 5 times quicker than Villeneuve
I think BMW said he might not have his spot when he is better, so he said fine and left. Kind of a shame for it to end like that, especially as he was still contracted.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG