The online racing simulator
Why does it do like this?
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Bosse
Hey,

Sorry for the bad topic but I didn't know how to write it. Maybe a moderator can change to something better for me.

It's like this, when I watch a replay and go in shift + u mode, set the camera not to follow and then follow with the right-click-move-mouse instead. Why does it do like in the movie below?

Edit: There's a clip showing this stuttering in post #9..

It was like this on my old computer too but I just thought that was because it was old, but no, on my new it does just the same. Doesn't matter if I'm recording and it's like this in any resolution..

Hope someone knows.

Bosse
you mean the cars jerking around right?

using fraps to record? what FPS setting is fraps set to record at? and do you clamp LFS's FPS down to the same amount of FPS?
#3 - Bosse
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :you mean the cars jerking around right?

using fraps to record? what FPS setting is fraps set to record at? and do you clamp LFS's FPS down to the same amount of FPS?

Yep. (Sorry for not saying, I thought it was obvious..)

Well, as said, it doesn't matter if I'm recording or not. It's like this if I just wach a replay too...
#4 - Jakg
turn off all media players OR limit the frame rate to uunder what you have now (get it all the time with XMPlay)
#5 - Bosse
Quote from Jakg :turn off all media players OR limit the frame rate to uunder what you have now (get it all the time with XMPlay)

Will try to shut down all and just have lfs running. Limiting the frame rate did lower the chopping (is that the right word for it? Well, "the cars jerking around" thing) but it didn't go away.

Shutting down all programs, just had LFS running: Still there. But not as much as before. Had 50 fps before and tried with 25 now.
#6 - Bosse
First, sorry for bumping an old thread but still, the problem is here and this time I tend to see it everywhere.

Right, the problem is, for those who don't get it, is that when you are in shift + u mode and right clicking and following some car(s), they lag forwards and backwards really quick..

I was going to make a new movie now and I can't have cars that's jumping around all the time i move the camera..

After some talking to different people and some testing, I think it is because of layouts. Since, in my last movie, Beautiful (if someone wanna look: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=14446), in the second clip there's two orange cars drifting on a autocross layout and they are "jumping around" too. And now, when I started with my new movie and saw the cars "jumping around" (don't know a good word for it, maybe stutter?) I rememberd that there was a layout on that server I took the replay from. So I tested with another replay, from a different server and it does not do like this.

So maybe this thread should be moved to some bugs-forum and maybe (hopefully) get fixed?
Sometimes when I go into Shift + U mode the game drops to like 1 fps and I cannot use it properly. (Usually when the lock-on car is enabled and I am looking at a lot of objects). It never used to do this up until a few patches after the BF1 came out. Never really talked about, people just assume it is graphics drivers . Though I really cannot fix it, and LFS acts really abnormal when this happens.
#8 - Davo
I know that layouts put an extra strain on ym system becaue all the extra objects have to be drawn. When autocrossing with a layout with lots of objects I have to drop the resolution so that the frame rate stays high.
#9 - Bosse
Quote from Davo :I know that layouts put an extra strain on ym system becaue all the extra objects have to be drawn. When autocrossing with a layout with lots of objects I have to drop the resolution so that the frame rate stays high.

Yes, I do know that it pulls the fps down quite much on a computer that isn't very good.. But, I have a good computer and have no problems really with driving or recording when there's a layout with lots of stuff. (btw, I only record with 20 fps anyway so that is not a problem)

Here's a new vid showing this, stuttering (or whatever to call it): http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=40Q3UXT3
There you see, that there isn't any layout with lots of barriers and so..
Here's a picture of the _whole_ layout but still, it's a layout and I think it's enough to "f**k it up"...:
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/Bosse_/lfsbug.jpg

I've tried with different resolutions and fps. And higher res/fps makes the cars flip even more.. When I make movies, I'm at 1024*768 @ 20 fps and it's much better than higher res/fps but still, it's there and you see it.
#10 - Davo
I get 100+ fps alone with 4xAA and 16xAF on autocross, add a layout and it becomes choppy the frame rate drops so much. In shift+u mode it's even more visible as you try to move the camera around it's very choppy. Dunno what to say, that's the way it is with layouts. But that layout isn't even very very big, but the extra bottleneck by fraps could be what's cuasing it.
Quote from Davo :But that layout isn't even very very big, but the extra bottleneck by fraps could be what's cuasing it.

I'm not sure i understood you right now but, the cars jump around when I'm not recording. Even if I shut down Fraps...

Edit: Can't be the layout. It's the same in singleplayer replays without any layout.
Bump!

Anyone know anything that can help me (and others) with this?

I don't want to make a movie and release it when the cars jump around in almost every clip..

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG