The online racing simulator
Wow..Thats new for me!
(28 posts, started )
Wow..Thats new for me!
WTF!! I don't know since when im using LFS but today i discovered a brand new thing of LFS, and i have to say, i'm impressed!!
Why could nobodytell me, that there is something so incredible like lfsworld out there! Its realy amazing what info you can get from there...
I'm like a small child smiling around that i found that!
Hell..you have to do more advertising for that!!
Yes, it's a very powerful tool

Btw...
(I'm not sure, but I think LFSW is mentioned within LFS, too?)
Attached images
lfsworld.jpg
i know..but its like on the upper left part of the screen where nobody looks at..well, at least me!
Quote from cpachmann :WTF!! I don't know since when im using LFS

Since October 2004, wow how could you have missed out on LFSW :o
#5 - ORION
... and he is by far not the only one.
I couldn't live without LFSW. LFS would be far less fun without it. Unbelievable.
[quote=cpachmann]WTF!! I don't know since when im using LFS but today i discovered a brand new thing of LFS, and i have to say, i'm impressed!!
Why could nobodytell me, that there is something so incredible like lfsworld out there! Its realy amazing what info you can get from there...[quote]

there's even more to discover: liveforspeed.at
i'm feeling like the first time i discovered LFS...my thoughts were: wow..that is a real good racing game! i love it!
and now...wow! a lot of tools and info i get! wow..lets race more!!
yeah lfsw is great you can look how poo your friends are doing on it, and how many miles they have done
lol

Wouldn't it be possible to get a message while entering a server online like "Your stats are being recorded - check out www.lfsworld.net"

you can even send an LFS from within LFS (ingame!)
Quote from AndroidXP :(I'm not sure, but I think LFSW is mentioned within LFS, too?)

As can be seen on your screenshot, LSFW link doesn't look like a part of the menu. It doesn't even look like something clickable! People treat it like something decorative and doesn't even hover their mouse pointer over it, unless by accident. Which leads to dialogues like this:

andy: I'll send you message on LFSW
john: LFSW??
andy: yes, LFS World
john: <censored> is that???
andy: there's a link to LFSW on liveforspeed.net, check it out
john: where???
andy: left side
andy: below menu
john: there's nothing there
andy: it says Live For Speed WORLD, can't you see it?
john: the logo???
andy: YES, the logo, click on THE LOGO!
john: WHOA!!!!

* The names and dialog lines has been altered, any resemblance to the name, character or history of any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintentional.
Quote from ORION :you can even send an LFS from within LFS (ingame!)

Too much LFS for you, that's for sure
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, it's a very powerful tool

Btw...
(I'm not sure, but I think LFSW is mentioned within LFS, too?)

Its very strange..you have a site/tools like lfswordld, which increases the value of LFS by much ant the only adverd or link to that is a crappy blue link on the upper left corner in the forumsite! I think the marketing department is missing...
But..otherwise..i thank god that i found that site now!! so i have something that i can enjoy now my first time and you not!!
you also never wondered why that little stats icon is under your postcount?

I agree lfsworld could be put more into the spot light and here and there i do improve things (like registration emails are much improved since you registered and hold all links to our websites now).

There are some ideas floating around for the future - it should become clearer.

On the other hand, nothing's as nice as discovering new things, when you think you've already seen it all
Quote from ORION :you can even send an LFS from within LFS (ingame!)

what's an LFS ?

I think you meant SMS from within LFS
Quote from Victor :I agree lfsworld could be put more into the spot light and here and there i do improve things (like registration emails are much improved since you registered and hold all links to our websites now).

There are some ideas floating around for the future - it should become clearer.

Victor, why don't you just make the forum only accessible from LFS World... right now when you double click on LFS Forum in LFSW it opens in a new window, while you have a nice "in-LFSW-browser". After all LFS Forum could fall under the name of LFS World.. ? At least it would mean one website less to check.
Quote from SchneeFee :quote=cpachmann]WTF!! I don't know since when im using LFS but today i discovered a brand new thing of LFS, and i have to say, i'm impressed!!
Why could nobodytell me, that there is something so incredible like lfsworld out there! Its realy amazing what info you can get from there...qoute]

there's even more to discover: liveforspeed.at

Nice qouting lol.

I don't use LFSW much, not that I don't use it, because I do, just not often.
Quote from traxxion :Victor, why don't you just make the forum only accessible from LFS World... right now when you double click on LFS Forum in LFSW it opens in a new window, while you have a nice "in-LFSW-browser". After all LFS Forum could fall under the name of LFS World.. ? At least it would mean one website less to check.

I personally don't like having to use lfsworld _all_ the time. There are better ideas to improve 'integration'. It's a lotta work, so it won't be 'more integrated' very soon, but it'll be better eventually

btw, just wondering - how many people pay attention to the banners in the header of every page here on the forum? There's also an LFS World banner there (the one with the online racers graph).
#20 - joen
Quote from Victor :I personally don't like having to use lfsworld _all_ the time. There are better ideas to improve 'integration'. It's a lotta work, so it won't be 'more integrated' very soon, but it'll be better eventually

btw, just wondering - how many people pay attention to the banners in the header of every page here on the forum? There's also an LFS World banner there (the one with the online racers graph).

Are you hinting at (limited) integration of stats into LFS itself?

I did pay attention to the banners. Not anymore, since I know about all of them basically.

I do think LFS world could get some more promotion, but on the other hand I do think it's weird to not notice it in two years
I knew about LFSWorld in my demo days and I thought it was one of the coolest things of LFS when I read about what you would get in the full version.
Quote from Victor :btw, just wondering - how many people pay attention to the banners in the header of every page here on the forum? There's also an LFS World banner there (the one with the online racers graph).

I had a look at the banners once, saw there was nothing I needed at the time and have ignored them since. Except for the rare occasion I'm looking for a link I remember being on there, and then I spend a few mins refreshing it so I get the right one
Quote from Victor :btw, just wondering - how many people pay attention to the banners in the header of every page here on the forum? There's also an LFS World banner there (the one with the online racers graph).

TBH not at all.. well there's nothing new for me, but those might be handy for some newbies.

And about official LFS sites, well I'd like to see them all in one package. As said above there are lots of people who doesn't even know that LFS World or this forum exists
Quote from Victor :what's an LFS ?

I think you meant SMS from within LFS

eerr... DOH illepall

yes SMS of course
Quote from ORION :eerr... DOH illepall

yes SMS of course

someone's been dreaming of Tiny too much
Quote :Why could nobodytell me, that there is something so incredible like lfsworld out there! Its realy amazing what info you can get from there

I found out when I wanted to do car skins, I think since patch T if you put on a skin that isn't on LFSW you get a warning (maybe that's been there sooner) - but you're right there should be a web link within LFS itself. Maybe integration can improve, but a menu option in LFS that sets LFS to windowed mode and opens up LFSW in a browser wouldn't be hard to do and would help a lot.

Quote :btw, just wondering - how many people pay attention to the banners in the header of every page here on the forum?

As a web consumer i've grown accustomed to filter out banner ads, however LFS Forums are a bit of an exception because I know I may be interested in sites shown on the banners - I ocassionally glance at them.

I'd like to do a banner for the STCC actually, and possibly have it linked on the main LFS site - but thought i'd wait until a race was under the belt before asking you to take it seriously

Wow..Thats new for me!
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG