The online racing simulator
Another update...please?
(24 posts, started )
Another update...please?
No I don't mean a patch or whatever, though I guess that'd be nice too.

No I meant the start-up page for LFS.net.
... added sat, Apr. 29th, 2006 18:15 >LFS Alpha patch U....
April? APRIL????

I dunno. make something up, change the screenie... something!
An Avatar of the month club?...
maybe make that chart thing that has the number of racers online on the
startup page?

I guess it really don't make no nevermind as I usually just click on the link to this forum or to LFS world (to see what servers got something going on)

LOL an interactive list of moderators... and which ones are angry ATM
Patch U came out in April, so the last update was in April. The current test patch is up to v.19 so you can rest assured that a non-test compatible patch will be out soon. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the LFS main page updated before the end of the month. Then, a few months later perhaps, we'll get an incompatible patch with who knows what goodies.

You should be thankful for what we get. The devs listen to us. Scawen gives us patches pretty much continually. He listens to our requests and implements our suggestions. We got new Aston configs with the last patch. We got an official F1 car, something that no other current PC sim has. Heck, I made an off the cuff suggestion about UTC time and the very next day there was a new test patch with it! Take a look at the nKPro forum on RSC and see how it COULD be. Those guys have a sim that barely even works. They've had no patches and not even a post from the developer in over three months! Lucky for us the LFS devs value their users and it's easy to see they strive to make the best sim out there (which it is, by far, if you ask me). I wish they didn't live so far away or I'd buy them all a pint.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Patch U came out in April, so the last update was in April. The current test patch is up to v.19 so you can rest assured that a non-test compatible patch will be out soon. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the LFS main page updated before the end of the month. Then, a few months later perhaps, we'll get an incompatible patch with who knows what goodies.

You should be thankful for what we get. The devs listen to us. Scawen gives us patches pretty much continually. He listens to our requests and implements our suggestions. We got new Aston configs with the last patch. We got an official F1 car, something that no other current PC sim has. Heck, I made an off the cuff suggestion about UTC time and the very next day there was a new test patch with it! Take a look at the nKPro forum on RSC and see how it COULD be. Those guys have a sim that barely even works. They've had no patches and not even a post from the developer in over three months! Lucky for us the LFS devs value their users and it's easy to see they strive to make the best sim out there (which it is, by far, if you ask me). I wish they didn't live so far away or I'd buy them all a pint.

What?
no dude I ain't talking about a game patch update... I was talking about the webpage. I don't care about patches... Just think something could be done to make the web page a little fresher....
Also I could really care less about other titles and how things work with them.

As far as the game itself goes, the devs can take all the time they want with that.
I just think they should just put some sort of something on that webpage with a date a little later than april 29th....
Quote from Cue-Ball : Lucky for us the LFS devs value their users and it's easy to see they strive to make the best sim out there (which it is, by far, if you ask me). I wish they didn't live so far away or I'd buy them all a pint.

You mean you don't have a PintPal account? illepall
Quote from Racer Y :What?

no dude I ain't talking about a game patch update... I was talking about the webpage. I don't care about patches... .

Wow, that's gotta be a first
UPDATE:

Harry met Julia. Harry took Julia out to McDonalds. Harry got fat, Julia laughed.....

what should they put on the webpage well?
I don't see the point of an update AT ALL just now when you can see Scawen working away on test patches in the test patch section. It is blatantly clear what he has been working.

I see that you are mainly concerned that the LFS webpage hasn't changed in so long, BUT when Scawen has finished with these test patches it will eventually become a full patch V, so that will be updated on the main LFS page....so there is your update waiting to happen. If you are lucky the devs might even add a 'update diary' thingy when creating the patch link, i.e. to say what has been happening. However, I doubt it will be anymore than 'Here is the latest patch with lots of minor fixes such as....'.
I must say I kinda agree on the website update thing. I know from my own experience it's not very tempting to keep visiting a website when there's been no changes for over 3 months. For people that don't know about this forum, it's as if the project stood still for that amount of time, which clearly isn't the fact.
If only the background image would change, say every month, that would already make a difference.

No offense, just my thoughts.
I think it should take a lesson from Filsca and show league results, that would show the game is very much active and could be automated .
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :I think it should take a lesson from Filsca and show league results, that would show the game is very much active and could be automated .

why not just combine it and LFS News?
Quote from Becky Rose :I think it should take a lesson from Filsca and show league results, that would show the game is very much active and could be automated .

Now THAT is a good idea! And if the script that was used was compatible with FILSCA it would kill two birds with one stone.
lfs.net isnt really meant to be a website one should visit 30 times a day. lfsworld and the forum are, though
lfs.net is just supposed to let users buy and download LFS, the actual "life" takes place in here, and on the servers of course

However, it's quite right that people could get the impression that there is nothing going on. The links to the Forum and lfsw cant be overlooked though
Forgot to mention...

This is the most boring summer for LFS :Kick_Can_
Quote from Tweaker :Forgot to mention...

This is the most boring summer for LFS :Kick_Can_

Are you KIDDING ME!? We've gotten more test patches and new features in the past month than ever before! Hell, we've gotten more new stuff in the latest test patches than we did in patch U when we got the F1 and Aston layouts!
Well, in the Spring, April is the actual only "NEW" content (mostly stuff from Eric) we got. Summer is these small patches (scripts?). Of course they are good, but in all honesty, this Summer hasn't seen the light of actual new content that the devs have talked about. (2005: updated RB4, LX?)
Breaking news
Work continues on LFS as outlined.
leave the lfs guys alone, they work hard enough already
We know that. People only checking the website don't.
Quote from Tweaker :Well, in the Spring, April is the actual only "NEW" content (mostly stuff from Eric) we got. Summer is these small patches (scripts?). Of course they are good, but in all honesty, this Summer hasn't seen the light of actual new content that the devs have talked about. (2005: updated RB4, LX?)

maybe well get erics updates as a surprise with the last compatible patch

but you probalby know more about the development roadmap than most around here anyway
Quote from Shotglass :maybe well get erics updates as a surprise with the last compatible patch

but you probalby know more about the development roadmap than most around here anyway

Man, am I THAT incomprehensible???? Look, When I said update to a newer date, I didn't mean a patch announcement or massive update.
lol From experience reading the other updates, I realize that the work being
done, if it's written with all the techmical details, is kinda over my head and well a little boring to read.

Anyways, I really didn't want this to seriously be interpreted as one of those kids of threads. LOL Those threads are worse than the I Got Banned ones.

I was just thinking... freshen up the web page. That's all.
I mean if it's a major pain to fool with it, then forget about it.
But if (INSERT IDEA HERE) can be a couple a mouse clicks and a copy there and paste here sort of thing, Then by golly, why not?
who cares about the website - get online and race!!!
Quote from SchneeFee :who cares about the website - get online and race!!!

Isn't it very important that new people step into the world of LFS...? We don't really care about lfs.net because we already know what's going on via forums and etc. but what is important is that people that are unfamiliar with LFS should know there's more to LFS than a main website that hasn't been updated for a couple of months, imo.
They got a working plan how to deal with web site. They only change backround when there is a game update so you can more easily spot it when you go to the LFS web site and I think it's working quite good that way (this is just a way how I see it). So no need to change that
@traxxion: lfs.net does not provide any wrong or old information. It offers the latest official patch. Any testpatches that came out meanwhile will be provided via the forum and are not official, so it is none importante for any new lfs user. Any Fresh LFSer will get anything he/she needs to get startet. Offering any Testpatches will just lead to confusion if u are not familiar with LFS.

Another update...please?
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG