The online racing simulator
Alt+Tabbing in Vista results in Black Screen
I recently installed Vista on this PC, and have learnt that alt tabbing in and out of LFS creates problems. I am running Patch U18 and the Public Beta of Vista (Build 5384). It is very similar to the bug that has been patched in XP and earlier, AKA Black Screen when Window - Full Screen, FS - Window or Alt- Tabbing to desktop and back.
Vista is a beta OS. You should not expect everything (or even anything, for that matter) to work right.
I understand that, but I haven't heard of this bug occuring in Vista yet, so I thought I would report it, because it is happening, and vista will (in the distant future) be a released OS, so its best for Scawen to get this sort of bug out of the way early, then when Vista gets released have all these bug reports.
#4 - Gunn
But LFS has never really supported support alt-tab. That's why shift+f4 exists. So it isn't really an LFS bug.
No, because even Shift+F4 to window, then back to Fullscreen causes the black screen also, that is why I was reporting it, even using the recommended way of going in and out of windows blackscreens LFS.
#6 - ORION
it's not a bug in LFS, it's a Vista bug...
Quote from ORION :it's not a bug in LFS, it's a Vista bug...

I'd say it might be LFS, but also something to do with your graphics card and drivers.

Before I just reformated and reinstalled XP, my LFS would sometimes stick on a black screen when alt-tabbing. Also, going from Windowed to Fullscreen back and forth would sometimes make it go black and I could never resume playing. I'd have to close the process and restart LFS

Doesn't happen anymore, so I am not sure what causes it exactly.
#8 - ORION
Well the blackscreen bug is still there in LFS, but in Vista it's imo something else, because in an earlier version, the zbuffer went nuts when changing the res. Vista is a completely bugridden piece of crap anyways
I dunno, it did the same with the defualt Vista drivers, and the Nvidia Vista beta drivers so..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG