The online racing simulator
More than 1 OutGauge?
(10 posts, started )
More than 1 OutGauge?
Hi!

Is it possible to use more than one OutGauge Tool?
I think it would be very important for the popularity of the OutGauge...

I hope you can give me some answers

Thank you and good bye
I am currently working on a mod that will feature a relay which in turn shall allow more than one outguage and more than one insim application to run in parallel. The mod will include a few of my own mods that I am still working on, so I guess it will be a few weeks to a month or so until it's ready.
I thought i could use two or more Tools because of this line in the cfg.txt:

OutGauge ID 0

But i tried to add the lines for another OutGauge with OutGauge ID 1, but it didn't works...
I just tried to programme a little test application with Visual Basic.

I started with building the connection to LfS by using Winsock.

In the docs/insim.txt are this lines:

Now you must send a special UDP packet to LFS.

struct InSimInit // UDP packet to initialise the InSim system
{
char Id [4]; // ISI + zero
word Port; // Port for UDP replies from LFS (0...65535)
byte Flags; // Bit flags for options - see below
byte NodeSecs; // Number of seconds between NLP or MCI packets (0=none)
char Admin [16]; // Admin password (required if set in LFS host options)
};

Now my question:
Do i have to send these lines to Live for Speed or what do i have to send??

Thank you!
hi. you have to fill this struct with data and then send it to lfs.
#6 - Stuff
Quote from Stuff :Becky Rose :If you're using VB6, maybe we should get together and compare notes/code/flow?

As Becky has said in the past, although this is the only example I could find at hand, she tends to use other forms of Basic

btw trust me, you two aren't the only two who have had plans or are doing programs capable of relaying Infact I think there's even still a python implementation out there as well from S1.
aye, being a game programmer I tend to pick languages designed for game development - so when it came to writing an LFS mod I picked a game orientated language with UDP support. Consequently I've never actually touched VB.
#9 - Stuff
Yep, that other relay you speak of was from Silkswift and was meant for our league (NAL) to do things like rolling start, fuel mod, flag system, etc..

And as far as VB6 and UDP, I use the same system LFS uses, winsock API. Haven't touched a single ocx control. Also, all my current VB6 work is OO.

Thank you! I'll try it later and give you a feedback!

Thanks!

More than 1 OutGauge?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG