The online racing simulator
#1 - VladM
Renault 5 Turbo 1
Hi, started work on this model I bought from cgtrader.
I attached some photos of the progress I've made so far. Mesh was not optimized for games so most of the work I've done is just optimizing stuff so it looks kinda good.
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/car/antique-car/renault-5-turbo-2

Gonna post some photos in chronological order of work done.

First two days were spent organizing the groupings, texturing, and optimizing most of the exterior.
Third day I started work on the interior, going the same route as with the exterior; Remodelled the door cards so they're more faithful to reality, and focused a lot on texturing.
Today I found some very good suspension references which I used to get a pretty close replica of the suspension geometry.
Will update some more as I work on it.
Attached images
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
a.png
b.png
Quote from VladM :Hi, started work on this model I bought from cgtrader...

The goat is back with another great mod!
You can export with correct mapped tris from blender ^^ send me a message (Nex_) from discord or give me ur mail Wink i can't wait to try this legend!
#4 - VladM
Quote from NENE87 :You can export with correct mapped tris from blender ^^ send me a message (Nex_)...

I exported it with triangulated mesh, but for some reason it didnt work. By the time someone gave me a solution i was arleady done with the groupings😅, i appreciate the help though!
#5 - Kova.
If i can quote a country mate that's commentating our french races : OH LA LA! Big grin
#6 - VladM
Added HVAC textures and modelled the toolbox in the back.
No major progress due to lack of motivation.
Attached images
Screenshot 2024-04-21 170107.png

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG