The online racing simulator
Different car performance on equal systems
Me and my dad are playing LFS, and we participate in some leagues too. Today, when we were practicing for a race on Aston Club with XRT, we noticed that although we have the same computer specs, same steeringwheel and pedals ( Momo Racing ), even the same setup with the same amount of fuel - the car drives 4 km/h faster and has better grip on my computer, but on his computer, the car brakes better?

We have tried swapping the steeringwheels, we have gone through all our settings, and everything is equal.

Is this a known bug, or what is going on? On my computer, there are no problems driving 1.13.6 times with the XRT ( for me ), but when I try his, I can only manage 1.14.1's...

It is very annoying, as we have some "serious" races to do soon..
Do you think you could maybe post some replays so we can compare?

Maybe do a few runs on the Dragstrip (brake hard after finish) and Skidpad or something?

Also do you have throttle help enabled on your system? Can't think of much else without being hands-on.
#3 - ORION
Yet again one of the "magic bugs", which are no bugs
Im quite sure the pedals dont reach the maximum, or are not perfectly calibrated. Button control rate is another thing to check, depending on your version (might have to switch to keyboard to change is).

If you cant find the problem, start exchanging the wheels and test again.
In the game, the bars that shows braking and acceleration force both shows 100% ( same level as clutch and handbrake force ). It makes no difference if we use Logitech Profiler or not..
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Kim Gripping :In the game, the bars that shows braking and acceleration force both shows 100% ( same level as clutch and handbrake force ). It makes no difference if we use Logitech Profiler or not..

post a replay, wait, ar you both running U? or a test patch?
#6 - Vain
Are you using the same BIOS version on both PCs? (You propably are if the motherboards were bought to the same time.)

I'm asking because my system's hardware clock is running slightly off (it's 2 minutes too fast each day) from which I calculate a 0.166 difference in lap time on a 2 minutes lap. On a 3 minutes lap like As GT my computer calculates laptimes that are 0.25 too high. By the way this also means that all parts of my computer are overclocked by 0.138889%. Funny, eh?

Vain
I think I have solved it.

I was running testpatch 17, and he was on a pure patch U, so I downloaded patch 18 for us both.. Now, the cars are even again.

I thought that there should be no difference in the physics from patch U to the testpatches?
There aren't as far as I know. Had to be some option on one of your systems causing something.

EDIT @Jakg: Oh yes driveshaft speed :doh:
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Tweaker :There aren't as far as I know. Had to be some option on one of your systems causing something.

driveshaft speed instead of GPS speed you see
But.. The laptimes are changed too... So now there are no problems with driving a 1.13.6 time

This is getting weird!
#11 - Jakg
Quote from Kim Gripping :But.. The laptimes are changed too... So now there are no problems with driving a 1.13.6 time

This is getting weird!

i have heard this on another forum as well, but i didnt know what caused it
Okay... I hope Scawen is aware of it. Thanks for your help anyways

( now, his brake pedal has started spiking.. Gotta love Logitech! )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG