PF FORREAL
(6 posts, started )
PF FORREAL
Vehicle mod: PF FORREAL
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/E07881

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :4.0L turbocharged V8 hypercar

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Mid-engine sports car produced by the Italian automobile manufacturer.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
This mod could be approved too! Thumbs up
For what? For being road car with F1 cars downforce? That's just one of those "let's play around with cars" mods and not a proper realistic car.

Edit: For this car it's even easy to set up correct values:
Quote :The manufacturer claims that the SF90 Stradale can generate 390 kg (860 lb) of downforce at 250 km/h (155 mph)

While this mod with invisible adjustable front and rear wings generate up to 1239kg at that speed (550kg with these invisible wings set to 0°).
It could be improved... I didn't say to be approved in this state.

We just need more people to try mods and give feedback.

I've send Draggo a DM about what could be improved on Discord.
Quote from Eclipsed :For what? For being road car with F1 cars downforce? That's just one of those "let's play around with cars" mods and not a proper realistic car.

Edit: For this car it's even easy to set up correct values:

While this mod with invisible adjustable front and rear wings generate up to 1239kg at that speed (550kg with these invisible wings set to 0°).

im not car engineer i jus used some online converter to convert 390kg to N (something like in attachment).

And for wing rear:
Quote from From official PDF from Ferrari site :The end section of the engine cover features a suspended wing divided in two sections:
one fixed, which incorporates the third brake light, and one mobile with a wedgeshaped front area. The latter has been dubbed the shut-off Gurney and is under patent.
It is also the most innovative downforce management device on the car. In urban usage
or at maximum speed, the two sections are aligned and suspended above the engine
cover, with the mobile wedge acting as an efficient fairing to the fixed element, allowing
the air to flow both above and beneath the shut-off Gurney.

and front
Quote from From official PDF from Ferrari site :The front bumper is divided into two sections that have specific wing functions.
Between the upper section and the bonnet is a pronounced indent that locally
compresses the flow. This feature, together with the two diffusers ahead of the front
wheels, contributes to generating downforce over the front axle.

Attached images
vivaldi_2024-03-09_17-06-22.png
D: means drag (air resistance).
L: means lift,which in negative value is downforce.

Also what you're showing in screen is at 7° wing angle on both ends,while the mod has option to set 0-20° to front and 0-30° to rear "wing",eventually increasing downforce faaaaaaaaaar beyond the values you set on default set (my mentioned ~1300kg at 250km/h). To make it correct,you should remove ability to adjust wings as I personally don't see anything adjustable on the car. If there really is such thing as adjustability of the downforce,it can be only like 3° at each end with rather minor effect. What nowhere is written is downforce distribution - one can only suck out of finger which part provides how much downforce as only value known (also claimed by manufacturer,which not always is real) is the total downforce. Additionally we have unsettable variable in LFS - ride height strongly affects strength of undertray,unfortunatelly we have to live with that until it gets updated.

PS. I'm no engineer either,just a simple handyman with passion for this racing simulator.

PF FORREAL
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG