The online racing simulator
curved screen : Distortion Correction Feature?
Hello everyone,

I'm curious to know if LFS does natively support distortion correction for curved displays.
Specifically, I'm thinking about the 49" Odyssey Samsung, which boasts a 1000R curvature (radius of 1m).

If not, I strongly believe that integrating a distortion correction feature into LFS's renderer would represent a significant leap forward for the simracing community, could it be the first one to do that ?

I kindly urge the developers to consider incorporating this feature into future releases. Additionally, I'm curious if there are existing workarounds like SDK/add-on solutions that could be employed in the meantime.

Looking forward to your insights and suggestions.

Best regards,
I know it supports VR. Since it supports VR, it is compatible with the monitor you specify. I hope I didn't misunderstand what you said. Oh those translations.
I don't think it is related to VR support, but there is multi monitor support that goes some way to support a curved screen, in an imperfect way.

I don't know how good the final effect is in reality but you can specify up to 5 "left screens" and up to 5 "right screens". This can represent a cylinder as several planes. I don't know how bad it is at the seams between the planes.

I did /window 1800 600 on my LFS and set 5 left and 5 right screens, the result is attached. You can set the FOV of the centre screen and the angle between screens, and LFS works out the total FOV. If the angle between screens isn't too high then the seams aren't very noticeable.

But the seams are visible and it look pretty heavy to draw the main view using 11 renders. It might be best done using a post processing shader to produce the correct distortion, conceptually similar to what we do in VR.
Attached images
lfs_00001174.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG