The online racing simulator
Godot InSim
For anyone using the Godot game engine, I released an InSim library written in GDScript, which includes support for InSim, OutSim OutGauge and InSimRelay.

GitHub link to the library (MIT license)
GitHub link to a very simple demo

The library supports InSim version 9 as of LFS version 0.7E.

What is included:
  • All InSim packets are implemented.
  • All text input is done from UTF8 and converted to LFS format, all packets convert text back to UTF8.
  • OutSim can be used from the configuration file.
  • OutGauge can be used from the configuration file.
  • InSimRelay is available.
  • There are some utility functions in the GISUtils class for converting units.
Feel free to try it if you're interested, I will update with examples as I have time to work on them.
There are also a .pth file reader and a .smx file reader included, for 3D rendering.

Special thanks:
Flame CZE and his Node InSim library, where I found how to parse car names for mods and took inspiration for text conversion.
I found some time to work on text encoding, once again shamelessly adapting/stealing code from Flame CZE and adapting it to Godot.
I have released version 0.8.1 on GitHub containing this feature as well as fixes for several other issues with various packets.

I should now have everything I wanted to add (unless I'm forgetting something), so will bump the version to 1.0 after some more testing and bug fixing.

Some projects I am working on with this tool:
  • Telemetry recording and display
  • Live race stats (minimap with driver names, standings with tyre compounds, pit stops, time deltas, etc.)
  • PTH and SMX file parsers to display them in 3D
This is awesome, tnx very much man.
Quote from Bokujishin :
  • Live race stats (minimap with driver names, standings with tyre compounds, pit stops, time deltas, etc.)

That would be really cool! Big grin
Very cool man, great job!
I just released version 0.9, including a bunch of fixes for various packets, better color handling for text (including stripping and conversion to/from BBCode), and utility functions for unit conversion (kph to mph, rad to deg and various other units).

I will now work on adding InSimRelay support, and try to test host packets, as I haven't managed to connect to InSim with host/admin privileges yet.

Thanks for the kind words!
Tnx very much for you hard work. The code is very readable, great job !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG