The online racing simulator
Cock-eyed DFP?
(7 posts, started )
Cock-eyed DFP?
I did a search, and as far as I can tell this isn't something that has come up before. AFAIK I have the newest Wingman software.

Anywho, my problem is that my DFP does not centre properly. I'll calibrate it in windows after plugging it in, then fire up the game and calibrate it there. But I always have to turn the wheel slightly to the left to make the car go straight. I've calibrated the wheel several times, tried various max rotation degrees and wheel rotation compensation values in LFS and in windows, and nothing seems to help. This seems to only happen in LFS, too; else rF has a large enough deadzone to not be affected.

Any thoughts? At first I thought that theremight be a faulty pot or the wheel itself was not constructed properly, but seeing as how this is pretty much isolated to LFS that isn't the case.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

MAGGOT

BTW: Just curious; why do I need to calibrate within LFS? In rF, I just plug in the USB, depress gas and brake pedals and turn the wheel lock to lock in windows and all is well. Why does LFS not recodnize the windows calibration?
LFS does recognise your Windows calibration, at least, it does for me as I calibrate my wheel just by pressing pedals and turning the wheel.

It did loose this calibration last night when I tasked switched and on the next race I found myself shakily leading for all of 3/4 of a lap and then spinning

Anyway I think the menu options you want are on the controls page, the click Axes/FF tab and then look right at the bottom of the screen and you have deadzone config and stuff like that.
Yes, but this is an LFS problem, not a windows occurance for me Maybe I'll increase the deadzone in windows for now until I can find a better solution.

LFS recgnises your windows calibration? I always have to recalibrate the wheel in LFS (just moveing it through its extents, not having to hit the 'calibrate' button in the options)
I have to move my wheel and pedals too before starting race, otherwise it isn't calibrated. I don't really play any other game than LFS, so I wouldn't know how it is in other games. I do remember I didn't use to do this. A while ago I had calibration problems (my wheel and pedals would reset every restart of LFS, and every time I switched back and forward to windows). The weird thing was that an even longer while ago, I could do it without any problems. So I redownloaded LFS, started with a fresh install, and now I only have to rotate my wheel and press the pedals to get starting. In either way it's an improvement for me.
#5 - cdub
My DFP used to go cock-eyed, too - only I'd have to turn it a little to the right, not left.

I didn't really do any rigorous testing, but discovered that going into Wingman's 'Device Setup' (where you can press the buttons of the wheel and it'll make sounds and vibrate), pressing the left/right arrows on the dir-pad made the wheel turn and allowed me to re-enter LFS with a straight-gazed wheel.

I also played with the 'Lock Calibration' button in LFS.
Quote from cdub :My DFP used to go cock-eyed, too - only I'd have to turn it a little to the right, not left.

I didn't really do any rigorous testing, but discovered that going into Wingman's 'Device Setup' (where you can press the buttons of the wheel and it'll make sounds and vibrate), pressing the left/right arrows on the dir-pad made the wheel turn and allowed me to re-enter LFS with a straight-gazed wheel.

I also played with the 'Lock Calibration' button in LFS.

I don't have a dfp wheel but the Momo Racing Force, and I find that I must run the Logitech profiler before entering LFS, once my settings have been done once in the profiler I usually don't have problems

That is, I run the profiler, calibrate in the profiler and never have to calibrate again, once its been done its there till I change something

If I forget to start the profiler software first, then LFS while recognising the wheel etc does go wonky with the settings getting mixed up and requiring me to use the profiler test to lock everything in and recalibarte LFS again once the profiler has been activated

I have not been able to get LFS to recognise the wheel without the profiler software running since S1 days
Thanks for the input guys (and gals)

I've forgotten all about the lock calibration button in LFS. If I can get it to centre properly after calibration I'll remember to lock it :P

Cock-eyed DFP?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG