The online racing simulator
Max cars per guest on LFS.net hosts is wrong
Hi!

I recently started a host on LFS.net.

Everything else seems to be displayed correctly, but I noticed that when you're looking extended settings on your host, it erroneously states that max cars per guest can be ranged from 1 to 3, even though you can actually set it up to 32.

Now, that wouldn't be too big of a problem, except when I stopped my host and started it again, I noticed that number went from 32 back to 3. I did save it beforehand when I did set that number to 32.

I noticed this decreasing happening both in-game when I started that host again and joined it as well as on extended settings when managing my host in LFS website.
Max cars per guest means how many cars from single user can be added (3 means user himself and 2 AI). If you don't want users to add AI,keep that at 1!
Max connections are dependant from the slot count you have ordered in hosting.
Quote from Eclipsed :Max cars per guest means how many cars from single user can be added (3 means user himself and 2 AI). If you don't want users to add AI,keep that at 1!
Max connections are dependant from the slot count you have ordered in hosting.

My intentions are actually to have that number higher than 1. If necessary, I may adjust the amount, but in some situations it is essential for me to have that max cars per guest at 32.

And I bought that host with it having 79 slots.
But 3 cars per guest was always the limit. And why you need 3 cars from each user? Hosting a bot race?
Quote from Eclipsed :But 3 cars per guest was always the limit.

It was updated to 32 in LFS 0.6V:

Quote :You can now add up to 32 local drivers (real + ai) in multiplayer

https://www.lfs.net/patch-6v

Quote from Eclipsed :And why you need 3 cars from each user? Hosting a bot race?

At first, I'll need it for testing purposes. And I've occasionally hosted AI races online from 2014 to 2019 and again in 2021, so yeah, I'm considering that possibility as well.
Oh,missed that update. Shrug
** Best answer **
Thank you for the report. The hosting system has been updated to support 32 cars per guest.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG